UFN 124 - Stephens vs Choi - St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck?
Luck is when your opponent slips and breaks an arm.

Being a fucking warrior that is gritty and wild until the end has nothing to do with luck. At least not in this sport.

What website u guys be using to bet? Lol draftking? Bovada? Betdsi?

Luck?
Luck is when your opponent slips and breaks an arm.

Being a fucking warrior that is gritty and wild until the end has nothing to do with luck. At least not in this sport.

It kind of does. Bektic did more than enough to earn a stoppage from most referees and got unlucky that he gassed himself out going for it. A bunch of those miracle comebacks are like that, when the referee is just refusing to stop a finished fight.

Those two girls at Tiger Muay Thai training together gonna be tough to beat.

Oops wrong thread lol

I've been thinking a lot about usman meek .. man, I think usman "decision machine" status is overblown.. the four guys get decisioned in a row..

Strickland
Yakovlev
Leon Edwards
Warlley Alves

Guess how many times these four guys have been ko/tko'd in their entire careers?

0. None of them have ever been ko'd. Some durable fuckers. And Usman is ever improving. In fact, Meek's two losses? Tko's.

Don't discount an Usman sub, either.

I already have stabs on meek Rd 1 and Usman Rd 3, but I'm going pretty big here I think on DNGD. took it (fookin limits) at -115 and -120 and -115 again.

I completely agree. I played the under 2.5 @ +115. Hoping I don't get screwed by a last-minute finish.

Not to mention Uriah Hall has a bad case of the flakes at the best of times. It's hard to imagine him losing to the ghost of Vitor, but stranger things have happened.

Uriah flakes again, I wish I could've put on a few units on "will Uriah Hall flake out?"

Uriah flakes again, I wish I could've put on a few units on "will Uriah Hall flake out?"
the guy has to be taken to a hospital because of the weight cut and you consider that flaking? wow...

It kind of does. Bektic did more than enough to earn a stoppage from most referees and got unlucky that he gassed himself out going for it. A bunch of those miracle comebacks are like that, when the referee is just refusing to stop a finished fight.

I almost guarantee we are going to see Mirsad go out more times. Super talented fighter, but I really question his ability to take a shot. Chas Skelly had him extremely hurt in their fight and he would have lost under the new rules.

I almost guarantee we are going to see Mirsad go out more times. Super talented fighter, but I really question his ability to take a shot. Chas Skelly had him extremely hurt in their fight and he would have lost under the new rules.
i dont remember the Skelly fight very well but I was under the impression that Elkins was able to finish Mirsad because he was dead tired from the first two rounds. Am I mistaken?

By the way, you calling Elkins in that fight might have been the most GOAT pick ever

Johnson x Elkins and Stephens x Choi could be draws. Betting on both.

i dont remember the Skelly fight very well but I was under the impression that Elkins was able to finish Mirsad because he was dead tired from the first two rounds. Am I mistaken?

By the way, you calling Elkins in that fight might have been the most GOAT pick ever
I also had Elkins, but I felt like +750 wasn't even value post-fight in that one. Bektic ate his lunch in the first.

I also had Elkins, but I felt like +750 wasn't even value post-fight in that one. Bektic ate his lunch in the first.
Well, yeah. But +750 is only like 12% implied probability

Bektic/Skelly is worth the rewatch. Skelly isn't doing well with Bektic and basically looks to make it a dog fight in round 2. Once he does that, he completely rocks Bektic. He gets the clinch and lands a big knee which is legal. Bektic puts his hand down to "play the game" and Skelly lands another big one which basically puts Bektic out. It's ruled an illegal knee and Bektic gets time to recover. Goldberg thought the fight was over with a (T)Ko for Skelly.

I will be very surprised if this doesn't end up a theme for Bektic. Skelly isn't exactly a bruiser standing. Elkins didn't have a finish since 2013. It's clear to me that Bektic doesn't handle the chaos well and definitely doesn't handle it well when he gets hit flush.

the guy has to be taken to a hospital because of the weight cut and you consider that flaking? wow...

Dude's a professional fighter. You sign the contract, you make the weight. I understand last minute injuries/health conditions can happen but big weight cuts are causing a lot of these injuries. These are big weight cuts that the fighters are choosing to do to themselves. Do we have to see someone die before this kind of thing stops?

That being said I really hope Uriah is going to be OK.

Dude's a professional fighter. You sign the contract, you make the weight. I understand last minute injuries/health conditions can happen but big weight cuts are causing a lot of these injuries. These are big weight cuts that the fighters are choosing to do to themselves. Do we have to see someone die before this kind of thing stops?

That being said I really hope Uriah is going to be OK.
Hall's never missed weight in the past so it's a bit head scratching that you're calling him a flake because of today. obv something went very wrong if he had to go to the hospital

Meek KO/TKO/DQ +1858

FIght ends KO/TKO/DQ +215

BM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back