Premier League Thread 2017/18 v65: "I'm So Tired Robbie" Edition

Who's a bigger Cunt?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's your current top 4 prediction? A month ago I thought Chelsea and United were clear favourites, now I'm back to any 3 of 5 joining City.

If pushed, United > Chelsea > Spurs > Pool > Arsenal.

Hoping United's recent mini wobble was a blip. They've effectively just had a mid-season break of 10 days, so that should stand them in good shape (blessing in disguise losing to Bristol, perhaps).
I had Liverpool finishing 2nd but Coutinho leaving has fucked them hard.

Mou's had his blip but has stumbled upon his most creative side.

Conte is over relying on Hazard. Has to take a gamble and field a more attacking side. Bring Barkley in, in place of Baka.

Spurs are getting key nailed on starters back from injury.

Arsenal i've not watched enough of.

Before season i had:

City
Pool
Spurs
Chelsea

Now i'm leaning:

City
Pool
Utd/Spurs

Breaking down deep blocks is key this season

City & Spurs are better built up top to cope with doing this. Liverpool were getting there but now have to re learn w/out Couts.

Ndidi was exceptional again today

Will be very surprised if a top 6 club doesnt go in for him in the summer.

I had Liverpool finishing 2nd but Coutinho leaving has fucked them hard.

Mou's had his blip but has stumbled upon his most creative side.

Conte is over relying on Hazard. Has to take a gamble and field a more attacking side. Bring Barkley in, in place of Baka.

Spurs are getting key nailed on starters back from injury.

Arsenal i've not watched enough of.

Before season i had:

City
Pool
Spurs
Chelsea

Now i'm leaning:

City
Pool
Utd/Spurs

Only good game I've seen Bakayoko have this season was versus United. Hazard has had a pretty disappointing season too, imo. At times he is fantastic, but still has far too many ineffective games.

I know you said you thought Sanchez would be a good signing for City......do you think the same if he went to United?

Who you got in Liverpool versus City? I'm thinking Pool get at least a draw.

Utd were kinda getting there too but Mou's treatment of Martial baffles me. Can't keep relying on HL reel flashes of top shelf finishing to dig you out on the weekly though.

Lord knows what Tony M makes of the Sanchez transfer saga

Ndidi was exceptional again today

Will be very surprised if a top 6 club doesnt go in for him in the summer.

Remember him getting linked to United about a month after he signed for Leicester.

Utd were kinda getting there too but Mou's treatment of Martial baffles me. Can't keep relying on HL reel flashes of top shelf finishing to dig you out on the weekly though.

Lord knows what Tony M makes of the Sanchez transfer saga

In a way. At the same time he's at an age where he can't hide behind being a youngster anymore. I agree Jose has shackled him somewhat, but if he wants to move to that next level now's the time he has to make himself un-droppable.

In the summer he seemed on the brink of being sold and up until about November he seemed to be behind Rashford and Miki so he's obviously going in the right direction, but at 22 these next few years will define what kind of career he is going to have.......Ronaldo (pushing it maybe) or Nani.

One things for certain, he should be given more of a chance centrally, but considering Lukaku is un-droppable for some reason, I doubt it will happen.

Like Zlatan, I think the potential Sanchez signing looks good on paper but I'm not convinced it will be in reality.

Only good game I've seen Bakayoko have this season was versus United. Hazard has had a pretty disappointing season too, imo. At times he is fantastic, but still has far too many ineffective games.

I know you said you thought Sanchez would be a good signing for City......do you think the same if he went to United?

Who you got in Liverpool versus City? I'm thinking Pool get at least a draw.
I think Lukaku suits Conte's Chelsea more than Mou's Utd. Not convinced Morata has the stamina or focus to be a 40 to 50 game a season striker. Yet.

Sanchez fits the typical mould of a Mou player in a sense of him having 2 or 3 yrs left in him & will run his tail off for him knowing this is his last shot at a winning for a big Club. Utd need finishers & he's an upgrade on Rashford but he's best played on left, so that will surely disturb/unsettle Martial. His turnovers & general selfishness would have Mou pulling his hair out though.

I think Alexis would win more silverware under Pep but he wouldn't be a *star* player for City. He'd be rotated & kept fresher.

Liverpool have a decent home record. They're playing rookie FB's though & Klopp also struggles fielding a balanced midfield. He's over relied on his front 4 digging him out way too often this season & one of them has just left. City destroyed an unbalanced Spurs midfield.

In a way. At the same time he's at an age where he can't hide behind being a youngster anymore. I agree Jose has shackled him somewhat, but if he wants to move to that next level now's the time he has to make himself un-droppable.

In the summer he seemed on the brink of being sold and up until about November he seemed to be behind Rashford and Miki so he's obviously going in the right direction, but at 22 these next few years will define what kind of career he is going to have.......Ronaldo (pushing it maybe) or Nani.

One things for certain, he should be given more of a chance centrally, but considering Lukaku is un-droppable for some reason, I doubt it will happen.

Like Zlatan, I think the potential Sanchez signing looks good on paper but I'm not convinced it will be in reality.
Agree

Deffo should be given more of a run centrally. Lukaku is unselfish, they could make a decent front two, if given the chance.

Utd are fun as fuck to watch when Pogba plays in the more advanced role.

Remember him getting linked to United about a month after he signed for Leicester.
He's not the finished article yet but he has the potential to become a brick wall for a bigger club

Has Mou ever played a diamond formation in midfield?

Agree

Deffo should be given more of a run centrally. Lukaku is unselfish, they could make a decent front two, if given the chance.

Utd are fun as fuck to watch when Pogba plays in the more advanced role.

Yeah.....basically when Pogba plays well, United play well. Herrera's form / limitations means Jose tend to play Pogba deeper, which is obviously not his best role. Gonna be hard to fit in all our attacking players if we sign one more forward let alone the likely 2 we are after.

Rashford should probably go on loan to a suitable club for a season. Have a feeling both Mata and Miki won't be there next season.

Son is on fire at the moment.

Dele & Kane are constantly dragging players away & him & Eriksen are destroying teams attacking the space in behind them.

Has Mou ever played a diamond formation in midfield?

Doubt it.......can't really see him trying it now. Lack of proper wingers probably limits it (and any 4-4-2 style formation) at this point.

Romelu is putting in a lot of unnoticed graft. Lingard has benefited so much from his unselfishness.

Son is on fire at the moment.

Dele & Kane are constantly dragging players away & him & Eriksen are destroying teams attacking the space in behind them.

What do you think about Alli's form. Think pundits going in on him is harsh.......he's probably a victim of being so prolific in his first few seasons. Easy to forget he is only 21, and his stats are still very good.

Similar trajection to Sterling.

Tennessee Titans 7-21 Footlocker Patriots

These NFL referees make La Liga refs look like choirboys
M8, i do my best to keep my american football banter to a minimum here...DO NOT GET ME FUCKING STARTED

Romelu is putting in a lot of unnoticed graft. Lingard has benefited so much from his unselfishness.

He's a #9 so will ultimately be judged on goals. If he goes on a 5-6 game barren run people will be quick to jump on him, more than likely without even watching the game. He's had a couple of bad games and his finishing has probably been a little below par, but by and large he's had a decent first 6 months.

My biggest gripe is that JM plays him 90 mins every match, no matter what. I bet none of our other forwards have played the full 90 more than 6-7 times. Surely makes sense to give Martial or Rashford minutes at #9, too.

Yeah.....basically when Pogba plays well, United play well. Herrera's form / limitations means Jose tend to play Pogba deeper, which is obviously not his best role. Gonna be hard to fit in all our attacking players if we sign one more forward let alone the likely 2 we are after.

Rashford should probably go on loan to a suitable club for a season. Have a feeling both Mata and Miki won't be there next season.
Its also helped a lot playing Shaw at FB. He links up very well down that left flank. I'd be disappointed if Young isnt played at RB when he comes back from his ban. That would add much needed attacking balance. City have gotten away with playing Delph so far but they could get undone in CL by better competition if their LB spot isnt sorted before Mendy returns in the summer. Danillo cant play there, just as Zappa cant on rt for Chelsea.

Rashford has so much potential but he needs to go somewhere else & get solid reps in his preferred position. He overachieved last season but Utd have jumped up a level & he's not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back