Premier League Thread 2017/18 v65: "I'm So Tired Robbie" Edition

Who's a bigger Cunt?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how long you've been watching the NFL but ive been doing so since i was small child, i mean like so small i didn't get the concept that offense and defense were different and i thought John Elway was playing every snap.

So do you know how puzzling it is to be told that it's "actually advantageous the receiver went down before he reached the end zone...that actually makes his case for a touchdown"?

My fucking word.

Not to mention the 2005 Superbowl. What a load of fuckery

What do you think about Alli's form. Think pundits going in on him is harsh.......he's probably a victim of being so prolific in his first few seasons. Easy to forget he is only 21, and his stats are still very good.

Similar trajection to Sterling.
He's a LOT more creative now so with that comes more errant balls etc. If he's not *playing well* by UK pundits standards it usually means he's being man marked & Eriksen/Son are cheffing sides up in behind him. I've been a bit harsh on him myself this season, tbh. Its easy to forget he's had inferior back up CM's supporting him all season & has had to do a lot more work than previously needed from him.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Jesse fares with a target on his back now he's not the new guy on the block.

Its also helped a lot playing Shaw at FB. He links up very well down that left flank. I'd be disappointed if Young isnt played at RB when he comes back from his ban. That would add much needed attacking balance. City have gotten away with playing Delph so far but they could get undone in CL by better competition if their LB spot isnt sorted before Mendy returns in the summer. Danillo cant play there, just as Zappa cant on rt for Chelsea.

Rashford has so much potential but he needs to go somewhere else & get solid reps in his preferred position. He overachieved last season but Utd have jumped up a level & he's not there yet.

Got a horrible feeling JM still regards Young and Valencia as his first choice FBs. The word on the street is he still desperately wants to bring in Danny Rose. Am starting to think Shaw must have fucked his daughter or something. He's done everything he could and should be a guaranteed starter at this point.

City being so majestic going forward conceals that their defence isn't anything special. Stones and Otamendi have been very good and a big improvement on last year, still you feel they have mistakes in them. Kompany obviously cannot be relied upon on this point. Delph, as you mentioned, has done shockingly well, but you's fancy him to come unstuck against Europe's elite.

Raheem gets more shit for going shopping in tabloids than Gazza ever did for beating the fuck out of his wife

Pep's done a fantastic job with him already & he's still got a fuckton of ceiling left.

It's gonna be interesting to see how Jesse fares with a target on his back now he's not the new guy on the block.

Gone from massively underrated to overrated in about 2 months.

Like the guy and he has got a place in the squad obviously. Just seems people are talking about him like he's our KdB or Ozil all of a sudden. He'll need to keep his current form up until the end of the season to convince me he's a long term starter at the club.

Raheem gets more shit for going shopping in tabloids than Gazza ever did for beating the fuck out of his wife

Pep's done a fantastic job with him already & he's still got a fuckton of ceiling left.

You can't argue with results and the figures he's putting up are very impressive. Will be interesting to see how Gareth Southgate completely misuses him in the summer.

C'mon, Gazza was a character. Sure he liked a drink, but who doesn't. Cheryl was lucky just to get the one slap, too.

Raheem being into fashion or Pogba fucking around with his hair is a far bigger crime.

Got a horrible feeling JM still regards Young and Valencia as his first choice FBs. The word on the street is he still desperately wants to bring in Danny Rose. Am starting to think Shaw must have fucked his daughter or something. He's done everything he could and should be a guaranteed starter at this point.

City being so majestic going forward conceals that their defence isn't anything special. Stones and Otamendi have been very good and a big improvement on last year, still you feel they have mistakes in them. Kompany obviously cannot be relied upon on this point. Delph, as you mentioned, has done shockingly well, but you's fancy him to come unstuck against Europe's elite.
Walker isnt much better than Valencia, imo. Fernandinho has had a phenomenal season. He makes Stones look better than he actually is.

Imagine if Mou got a proper RB in, such as an Azpilacueta!

You can't argue with results and the figures he's putting up are very impressive. Will be interesting to see how Gareth Southgate completely misuses him in the summer.
I rate Sane as the better talent but he's had Delph behind him.

Both Sane & Raheem hide a bit when their FB's get pinned back against decent sides. Just doesnt happen often enough to be noticed much, as of yet. Deep stages of CL will give us a clearer sign of where they're both at.

see that's where i disagree. Split up the band and he and Sane are running into walls again imho

Walker isnt much better than Valencia, imo. Fernandinho has had a phenomenal season. He makes Stones look better than he actually is.

Imagine if Mou got a proper RB in, such as an Azpilacueta!

Think he actually tried to get Azpilacueta in his first summer, but Chelsea were having none of it. One of the more underrated PREM players.

We have Italy's first choice RB in our squad and he's behind Valencia, Young and Lindelo in the pecking order.......that sentence is baffling on several levels.

C'mon, Gazza was a character. Sure he liked a drink, but who doesn't. Cheryl was lucky just to get the one slap, too.

Raheem being into fashion or Pogba fucking around with his hair is a far bigger crime.
Pogba makes me say wow out loud in an empty room to myself when he's on song.

Him, De Bruyne, Kane & Eriksen are a joy to watch.

see that's where i disagree. Split up the band and he and Sane are running into walls again imho
Thats a fair comment. Not everyone has a De Bruyne AND a David silva spooning them on the weekly.

Before he was just a fur coat & no knickers pace merchant. Pep has added movement & dribbling to his locker tho. Both are still works in progress for sure.

Still has a 9 iron for a right foot. His finishing is below par.

I rate Sane as the better talent but he's had Delph behind him.

Both Sane & Raheem hide a bit when their FB's get pinned back against decent sides. Just doesnt happen often enough to be noticed much, as of yet. Deep stages of CL will give us a clearer sign of where they're both at.

Basically.

Still can't decide if City are an ATG English team or are just enjoying a freak season. Would probably say only KdB, Silva and Aguero are world class. You have to give Pep a lot of credit.

Basically.

Still can't decide if City are an ATG English team or are just enjoying a freak season. Would probably say only KdB, Silva and Aguero are world class. You have to give Pep a lot of credit.
Most of it is down to Pep's coaching.

No doubt in my mind Arsenal would have a full trophy cupboard if Pep managed some of Arsene's sides.

Would be interesting to see how Pep would do with a club on same budget as Poch at Spurs

Still think he'd do very well.

Pogba makes me say wow out loud in an empty room to myself when he's on song.

Him, De Bruyne, Kane & Eriksen are a joy to watch.

Indeed.

He still needs to step up and really prove he's worthy of the worldlie title though......to be the main man week in week out. If he plays anywhere near his best United would be nailed on for the top 4 at least this season. That there is still doubt in people's minds tells me Pogba is somewhat under-performing.

For several reasons, not least injury this season, he's not had a great first 18 months......certainly not bad either. Still haven't seen him take the game by the scruff of the neck like Keane and Vieira (and dare I say it Gerrard, used to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back