Extremely long range strikes

So just put em out there if you got em. Moves that cover a large amount of distance quickly. Think like a bruce lee kick, or a sliding side kick.
I've mastered the superman jab followed by the right low kick quite well. one of my favs to strike someone at a distance with, catches them off guard because it's quite unorthodox.

I've mastered the superman jab followed by the right low kick quite well. one of my favs to strike someone at a distance with, catches them off guard because it's quite unorthodox.
I've been playing with the superman jab -> rear uppercut and its worked wonders. It works extremely well with those that are more experienced and avoid strikes by a razor thin margin by stepping back or leaning. Right after the superman lands/misses I'm kinda crunched in, so the uppercut is loaded from hell. While crunched they don't really see it coming, they expect either a takedown, overhand, or leg kick, but the uppercut comes out like Mr. busdriver. I've landed it clean quite nicely against guys who are above my experience class, so its something I'm keeping in my toolbox.

I've been playing with the superman jab -> rear uppercut and its worked wonders. It works extremely well with those that are more experienced and avoid strikes by a razor thin margin by stepping back or leaning. Right after the superman lands/misses I'm kinda crunched in, so the uppercut is loaded from hell. While crunched they don't really see it coming, they expect either a takedown, overhand, or leg kick, but the uppercut comes out like Mr. busdriver. I've landed it clean quite nicely against guys who are above my experience class, so its something I'm keeping in my toolbox.
Hell yea dude, that sounds lit you ever knocked someone down or even knocked someone out with it yet?

Hell yea dude, that sounds lit you ever knocked someone down or even knocked someone out with it yet?
Its just been in sparring so far, and I normally don't go too hard powerwise. But I'm sure I can do damage with it, when it connected I still had alot more push-through to deliver. So it could work for sure

Haglers Gazelle jab. Very impressive how much distance he could cover with it and land consistently with power.

I tried it today and it seems very difficult to master. Same execution like a gazelle punch and then straight down the line. Hagler seems to really jump sometimes. Imo worth a look.

Edith: found a good video explanation. Watch at 1.04min

You can never watch enough Hagler ;)

Last edited:

881MHro.gif

@Jimmy Jazz

At this point, it's more of a side kick/jumping side kick from TMAs like TKD, than a teep...
I don't say that to start a flame war on MT vs TKD, but just that you may find some good tutorials online from TKD sources for that kick...

The front leg "regular" teep, is still a basic MT strike, but when you blade your stance, to make a "side teep", I believe the guys in TKD have more experience with it, since for them it's a very basic, essential kick...

@Jimmy Jazz

At this point, it's more of a side kick/jumping side kick from TMAs like TKD, than a teep...
I don't say that to start a flame war on MT vs TKD, but just that you may find some good tutorials online from TKD sources for that kick...

The front leg "regular" teep, is still a basic MT strike, but when you blade your stance, to make a "side teep", I believe the guys in TKD have more experience with it, since for them it's a very basic, essential kick...
thanks man. I'll see if I can find a good tutorial. I was inspired to learn from seeing buakaw throw those insane front leg teeps a thousand times in a fight. I'm mostly a rear leg guy and I dream of getting good with my front leg.

Took me a while to be good with the front foot... TKD helped me a lot with that, since they like to use the front leg for a faster reaction. And during training, you throw as many kicks with the right than with the left. Both legs are equally trained...

Buakaw vs Masato in K1 from 2004 was the fight that made me start looking into MT... Lots of teeps in there too.

thanks man. I'll see if I can find a good tutorial. I was inspired to learn from seeing buakaw throw those insane front leg teeps a thousand times in a fight. I'm mostly a rear leg guy and I dream of getting good with my front leg.

You can't have front leg side teep abuse without Samart.

Took me a while to be good with the front foot... TKD helped me a lot with that, since they like to use the front leg for a faster reaction. And during training, you throw as many kicks with the right than with the left. Both legs are equally trained...

I came from a TKD background as well, the traditional MT front leg teep was kinda weird for me and I never got comfortable or good at throwing it, but I had the TKD side kick to make up for that. Used way too much energy though, so I eventually ended up with a teep/side kick hybrid that was similar to Samart's version. I would spam the kick a bit to get the other guy used to it, then lift my front leg, step in, and throw a hard round kick with the rear leg.

I would spam the kick a bit to get the other guy used to it, then lift my front leg, step in, and throw a hard round kick with the rear leg.

You can do the same but instead of a roundhouse, you just throw a rear teep... It will usually mess with the timing of his defense.
And with the step in, it becomes very powerful and most of the times will unbalance the opponent... Then you step down in a southpaw stance and blast a rear roundhouse while he recovers his balance.

I came from a TKD background as well, the traditional MT front leg teep was kinda weird for me and I never got comfortable or good at throwing it, but I had the TKD side kick to make up for that.

What helped me with it, is that I still train TKD, but i use MT stance and techniques most of the times... So while I'm not good, and not really getting better at TKD, my MT has seen a huge evolution, in speed, timing, and both legs proficiency...

Used way too much energy though, so I eventually ended up with a teep/side kick hybrid that was similar to Samart's version.

I also rarely use the side kick. I may throw it after a missing high round, if the guy faded it away, and tries to rush in... Instead of doing a 360, a stop my momentum sideways, and throw a side kick, some times almost a back kick. (not sure if i explain it well...)

I mostly use the front teep when the opponent attacks, and the front side teep (jumping) when I attack...

I do this punch where I jolt across the ring, kinda strange to describe, but I switch stances, and basically jolt forward somehow. I usually cover half the ring at least with this
A dart?

wow so he blades his hips. I usually back teep and am square when i do it. Been trying to figure out the front leg teep but didnt know how to do it. thanks
yea i've just recently discovered the side stance front kick as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back