Let's all be honest: Trump's "wall" is a colossal waste of money

Well that's part of the plan, to push them to areas that crossing is so hard that it will most likely kill them and still patrol that area by air.
exactly.

people are forgetting that US/Mexico shares 2000 miles of land border while there are only 20,000 BP agents patrolling both northern (Canada) and southern(Mexico) borders.

the fence/wall serves as a 'funnel' to push all the smugglers into one area of operation making it easier for BP to concentrate their resources/manpower to target drug/human smuggling operations in that one area instead of all 2000 miles of open land border.

also, the fence/wall doesn't stop individual smuggler on foot but it will stop smugglers transporting their goods/people in off-road vehicles, ATVs, horses, trucks, etc.

Let's all be honest: wall is not a colossal waste of money.

You can tell a wall will be effective through the fact cartel-controlled-MSM, like Univision, are so strongly against it.

a wall is a deterrence, not the final solution to stop all drug and human smuggling.

it's like a having walls surrounding your home. it's not going to stop a determined burglar, but it's a deterrence.

Okay, so let's further that analogy. Do you spend a month of your family's income to build that wall? What if there are already burglars in your yard, and more are leaving than coming in. Do you still spend a month of your household income to build that wall?

Okay, so let's further that analogy. Do you spend a month of your family's income to build that wall? What if there are already burglars in your yard, and more are leaving than coming in. Do you still spend a month of your household income to build that wall?
yes, i'd spend a month of my income to build a wall to protect my property and my family. is that even a question?

if there is already a burglar? easy. i would deport his ass out of my property and put up a more secure wall to prevent future intrusion.

not to upset you but

they just started going where there wasnt a fence or made a hole in it...

also if the national guard was deployed for it .. that made it more of a 1 time detail (you werent posted there long time right) its the same thing police depts do for burg zones or when something bad happens... floood the area with presence, make a bunch of arrests and declare "victory"

but both know thats bs
So fences work! That is what you are saying!

Like that former Mexican president said, you can build a 20 foot wall, they're just going to come over it with a 20 foot ladder.

Or as a lot do, just come under the wall through tunnels. You can build a 100 foot wall, it doesn't matter if they're just going under it. Or they'll continue to be smuggled across the border. Or they'll just come legally and overstay their VISAs.

What Trump needs to do is acknowledge that illegal immigrants are going to get into America, and focus his resources and remove them when they do with stricter rules.

Take that money you were going to use on a wall and offer cash rewards for tips leading to the deportation of illegals. Money is the greatest motivator behind sex, so if someone knows they can make money from anonymously reporting illegals, ICE is going to be VERY busy.

Continue to go after businesses who employ illegals with heavy fines and sanctions.

Make it so that if you're caught illegally living in America, you're deported and you are forever disqualified from ever legally immigrating or visiting America.

And of course, DACA MUST be abolished.

The trick is to build wall so high, that the price to build the ladder of appropriate height needed to climb will be too much for the Mexicans to handle.

It is a battle of wills my friend.

yes, i'd spend a month of my income to build a wall to protect my property and my family. is that even a question?

if there is already a burglar? easy. i would deport his ass out of my property and put up a more secure wall to prevent future intrusion.
Why even have a wall or a border at all, instead just have moving walking escalators that help them walk across because we can't stop them. I don't even know why I lock my door at night when someone can just break through the window

Trumps base is filled with imbeciles who need to see physical things in front of their eyes to feel good about the country.

They need a physical wall and it doesn't matter if it works or not. They simply don't care

I still think it's dumb, but he seems pretty set on it getting built. I think he should just take it from the defense budget, as that's what it's supposedly for. Take 20+ billion from the Pentagon for a year and get it over with. They've proven they're bad with money anyway.

Easy

What do you mean? The fence we built in Yuma did its job by prevent & deter smuggling operations in Yuma. Isn't that the whole point of having a fence/wall. Now the smugglers have to conduct their operations in a different area on the border where there is no wall or any natural obstacles.

He doesn't get what you are saying. And his mind is made up no matter how much info contradicts his thinking

If a small fence deters these actions. Imagine a sturdy actual wall.

Why even have a wall or a border at all, instead just have moving walking escalators that help them walk across because we can't stop them. I don't even know why I lock my door at night when someone can just break through the window
Why close the door at all

Walls didnt work in the Middle ages when people didnt have technology, why would they work now?

Real solutions address the cause. The cause is that there is money to be made. The real solution is to target employment and cut off those opportunities.

It's pretty obvious why that is not going to be brought up by anyone making a legitimate run for office.

Walls didnt work in the Middle ages when people didnt have technology, why would they work now?

Why even have a military? there are countries that had military's from the beginning of governments and they eventually lose and get taken over, like what's the point.

Back