Boxing's Mount Rushmore?

Dr. Will

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I believe it is different to popular culture's interpretation of Boxing's Mount Rushmore (which would probably be Ali, Tyson, Mayweather and...Rocky haha).

James Figg, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao's case:
1. From ultimate third-world poverty to the Senator of Philippines. Boxing being the medium.
2. Had a career that span 11 weight classes from where he started. Beating ATG's, HOF's, elite fighters the whole way through whilst they're in good condition.
3. His historic 2005-2010 run is unlike anything I'll probably ever witness in my lifetime.
These three combined.

James Figg is the grandfather of Boxing; Ali is 'The Greatest', transcending the sport; SRR is GOAT.

Two of the more obvious:
Johnny Laskowski
Spencer Chestwynde

Ali, R Robinson, Mayweather, not sure about the 4th, maybe RJJ?

Clinton Woods, Kubrat Pulev, Dan Rafael.

Rafael needs 2 spots.

Last edited:
George foreman and joe frazier should be on there too.

Robinson, Ali, Armstrong, Louis

I believe it is different to popular culture's interpretation of Boxing's Mount Rushmore (which would probably be Ali, Tyson, Mayweather and...Rocky haha).

James Figg, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Manny Pacquiao

Manny Pacquiao's case:
1. From ultimate third-world poverty to the Senator of Philippines. Boxing being the medium.
2. Had a career that span 11 weight classes from where he started. Beating ATG's, HOF's, elite fighters the whole way through whilst they're in good condition.
3. His historic 2005-2010 run is unlike anything I'll probably ever witness in my lifetime.
These three combined.

James Figg is the grandfather of Boxing; Ali is 'The Greatest', transcending the sport; SRR is GOAT.

manny hahahahhahahahahah

Robinson, Louis, Ali are locks.
4th could be Armstrong/Pep/Gans/Wilde etc.

i think that says more about Filipinos as voters than it does Pacman. Not that I'm just shitting on them. Donald Trump is our President :eek:

Last edited:
Ali, SRR, SRL, RJJ

Jimmy Smith, Brian Sutherland, Charlie Z, and The Shadow.

I think the Mount Rushmore just becomes someones top 4 pound for pound list, which makes it freakin' hard to do, and easy to criticize lol.

Mine, for example, would be easy to tear apart:

Harry Greb
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson

I think the Mount Rushmore just becomes someones top 4 pound for pound list, which makes it freakin' hard to do, and easy to criticize lol.

Mine, for example, would be easy to tear apart:

Harry Greb
Willie Pep
Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson

Good point, but some names are a LOCK, like Dan Rafael who's too fat to be removed from contention because he's literally stuck. Hey, Hagler I guess 2 spots wasn't big enough for him afterall.

How about Bert sugars vhs collection, a picture of dan Rafael checking out the buffet, the Larry merchant picture and close up of rocky marcianos noses.

If it's a top 4 P4P list, for me it would be SRR, Greb, Armstrong, Langford.

Back