Jimmy Smith Signs With the UFC officially

I’m surprised the UFC managed to see Jimmys talent.

Great pick up. Very happy for him.

I mean, he's very knowledgeable and has legit MMA experience. But I find his commentary to be soulless and sterile.

I just think Joe is more entertaining, sorry if that pisses anyone off. I've listened to them both and that's just how I feel.

If he's replacing that kermit sounding bloke I'm happy.

I mean, he's very knowledgeable and has legit MMA experience. But I find his commentary to be soulless and sterile.

I just think Joe is more entertaining, sorry if that pisses anyone off. I've listened to them both and that's just how I feel.

He is not replacing Joe. Smith is better than plenty of the UFC's current color commentators.

Now hire Bas and Mauro

Bas has zero knowledge. Mauro is not even good enough to do Invicta anymore.

it's just not the same without Goldberg
Would any Goldberg do?
tenor.gif

Could the UFC get by with a Gilberg?
74b8f68cb9a1886041c5e9ce3b1691afed8e67a3_hq.gif

He was recently on Rogans podcast. I saw it coming
He basically announced on Rogan's podcast. Rogan basically said, "Do you want to make an announcement?" and Jimmy was like, "I'd like to but..."
It was obvious right then if not for the fact that Rogan had him on...

Now hire Bas and Mauro
I was like to have seen Bas sign with Bellator seeing as Mauro is already working for them. Bas, Mauro and Big John would be a great team, though not sure if you could fit Goldberg in as well.

Always liked Jimmy, loved that reality show he did (can't remember the name, got it on DVD though). Cool dude, good commentator.

That is great news!
Now, just put Anik back into the studio and i am good

seems like they low balled him during contract negotiations and he said thanks but no thanks
OK thanks. So it was a money dispute. I thought they just caned hit for Goldberg

Kinda funny to think how Bellator and UFC have essentially swapped commentators now. I like the signing, though, Jimmy Smith is legit.

front page, Smith is on the UFC broadcasting team. Now it looks like UFC is stealing Bellator's toys too. interesting.

yeah it was posted in a thread a couple of days ago .
He probably will be replacing Rogan when he leaves IMO , which with this signing could be very soon .

Back