delete

Jim this is the last time im going to say it. I am not looking for technique advice. My technique is satisfactory to my standard and for the reasons i deadlift it is well enough to achieve my goals. I can show my deadlift here there or anywhere else and some people are going to like it and say its a good deadlift and others are going to look at it like yourself and say no thats not a good lift. Like the guy said earlier i dont care about those people(the form queens that is)

I guess I just don’t get what’s so hard about performing the lift correctly, like everyone else does, so that no one can possibly question it.

i find that rather odd that you think everybody performs a lift the same way or more correct or just ridiculous. Im pretty sure you know all about the powerlifting world and there are people that throw tantrems when they are red lighted when they should have been white lighted. And people throw tantrems when somebody passes a lift that should not have been passed. Thats why there are a multitude of different federations and clubs that go by different rules. IOW nobody has a universal standard for the powerlifts. It is a niche sport that i do not care to compete. I know world record powerlifters, highland games competitors and actually a good friend of mine is an American record holder in the deadlift. the point is ive been around athletes and lifters for the large majority of my life. I know what is going on here.

The deadlift you see there is how im going to deadlift forever. Im not going to change my technique when what im doing whether you believe it is correct or not it does in fact make me stronger.(which is the goal)

i find that rather odd that you think everybody performs a lift the same way or more correct or just ridiculous. Im pretty sure you know all about the powerlifting world and there are people that throw tantrems when they are red lighted when they should have been white lighted. And people throw tantrems when somebody passes a lift that should not have been passed. Thats why there are a multitude of different federations and clubs that go by different rules. IOW nobody has a universal standard for the powerlifts. It is a niche sport that i do not care to compete. I know world record powerlifters, highland games competitors and actually a good friend of mine is an American record holder in the deadlift. the point is ive been around athletes and lifters for the large majority of my life. I know what is going on here.

The deadlift you see there is how im going to deadlift forever. Im not going to change my technique when what im doing whether you believe it is correct or not it does in fact make me stronger.(which is the goal)

dude, just stop it.
why did you start this thread in the first place if you don't care for what others think and do or if you don't accept the same rules like the others do?

you don't care so hard about other people's opinions that you had to start a thread and prove them wrong?

Last edited:
Pokerandbeer you're clearly a strong guy but your form is significantly flawed. If you're true to your word and your main goal is just to get stronger, then locking reps at the top will help you strengthen your glutes and become overall stronger. Doing partial reps creates muscular imbalances and may create potential for injuries down the road.

Just hook gripped 555 for a single, no chalk. Chalks on the way, I can probably hook grip all the way to my 1rm doing singles once it gets here

And just pulled 610 with straps for a lifetime PR, tried 620 but got stuck right off the floor. I’m satisfied for the day.

Could you repost those videos where you're dancing around in your shorts and singing? I noticed they were deleted from the thread.

Could you repost those videos where you're dancing around in your shorts and singing? I noticed they were deleted from the thread.

My singing and dancing days are more than likely over. That was at a given point in time and I felt good doing it in that given point in time but likely never again.

Back