Official Women's Division Discussion #25

no, of course wouldn't work like that
lol come on, that's ridiculous

they could test them the EXACT same number of times but in different sequences, like Cyborg-Cyborg-Holm-Holm instead of Cyborg-Holm-Cyborg-Holm.. asking for the same NUMBER of tests it's fair, it doesn't require USADA to test one and then go test the other the next day at all, and we're talking about 6-8 weeks of testing here..
I'm
I know Jess has mentioned being 5'4 and fight finders list her there but she looks pretty close to 5'5 to me. This is a repost from another thread: VanZant is Underdog to Clark.

Clark is more of a 5'5 fighter. Listing her at 5'4 is a little bit off from what I have seen of her. Of course heights for different fighters is often wrong on fight finders. Bec Rawling is listed as upwards of 5'6 but I have seen her as 5'5 at times too. Some pics.

Pannie Kianzad vs. Jessy Jess. Kianzad is often listed as either 5'7 or 5'8 (Kianzad made weight on this one, she missed weight against Evinger, 136.7 for a planned title fight. Title fight cancelled to a regular catchweight affair.)

pannie-kianzad-vs-jessy-jess-at-invicta-fc-13-by-esther-lin-july-8th-2015.jpg

Pam Sorenson (140.6) vs. Jessy Jess. Sorenson is usually listed as 5'5 **

013_Pam_Sorenson_and_Jessica_Rose_Clark.jpg

Bec Rawlings vs. Jessy Jess. Rawlings is often listed as 5'5 or 5'6

bec-rawlings-jessica-rose-clark-ufc-fight-night-121-weigh-ins.jpg

As for who stands the best chance of winning there are good arguments for Clark as she is a more complete fighter but VanZant's style (pressure into the fence and dirty strike), if she can implement it, at flyweight could undermine Clark's overall striking advantages. VanZant as a sloppy but fast ground game that works a little bit to her advantage. Lots of intangibles on VanZant's debut at flyweight. (Edit: Again. More reasons to see Clark as the favorite in my opinion - just to be clear.)

(A another Edit from Today's repost: Far more could be said about both fighters and why Clark is probably a good bet as the favorite for this fight. To further my thoughts on multiple items to consider. Clark's home was broken into and her cat was kick so hard it killed the poor cat. That can effect someone. Probably a plus to VanZant - as awful as it is to see these events in that kind of light. I hope Clark works thru this and manages the situation fine; Clark has lived a tough life so I suspect Clark will manage fine. Next. Most point to Clark being the bigger fighter, stronger, etc., true, but she needs to be able to fight with strength ad endurance at a weight class she has only, sort of, fought at once, and in a quick turn around from her fight with Bec Rawlings. Just a handful of thoughts on that matter without going into details.)

Clark's clinch game is pretty decent though so I think she will be okay there. She does make mistakes at times which led Carina Damm a moment to take her back when they fought. That fight was judged a split decision. (I disagree with, Jess should have won 30-27 despite Damm having a few moments in the first minutes of the first round and the back take in a later round.) Jess took a ton of criticism after that fight. Not UFC level was mentioned after I mentioned her on the forums here in the heavies.*

*I mentioned her win over Damm as a decent one after her back to back losses to Sorenson and Kaufman.

** I ought to double check this but I recall Jess' opponent missing weight in their fights. Jess does have one or two fight at featherweight but clearly that is not her proper weight and that was, and is not, unusual in underdeveloped regional levels for women to fight up a weight class.

Two of Jessy Jess' opponents, Pannie Kianzad and Sarah Kaufman will be fighting at Invicta Jan 13th on fight pass. I was looking for a pic with Jess and Kaufman as Kaufman is 5'5.

Janay Harding x Jessy was a catchweight I believe. Harding came in at around 145, but lost points from the start of fight.

I also am not sure every women's Bantamweight must stand 5'6" or taller. I think 5'5" and 5'4" are alright heights for 135.

I'm

Janay Harding x Jessy was a catchweight I believe. Harding came in at around 145, but lost points from the start of fight.

I also am not sure every women's Bantamweight must stand 5'6" or taller. I think 5'5" and 5'4" are alright heights for 135.

Correct. Lots of bantamweights are 5'4 to 5'5. 5'6 if very common too. 5'7 used to be fairly tall. Just for yucks.

About 143lbs for people not watching the fight on Harding's weight vs. Jessy Jess at 135lbs.

中互聯功夫網 E-1World Championship Fight 8 63Kg = 139lbs but Harding will be listed as having fought it at 141lbs (Another Harding fight, not sure if she missed weight. Might be worth investigating.)

I knew I had seen other information on E-1 so I kept digging.

E-1 World Championship
May 26, 2017 ·

【E-1 World Championship - 31st MAY 2017 : Fight 8 – 64 KG】

Ramona Pascual VS Janay Harding

31st May 2017, 1900
九龍灣國際展貿中心 – 匯星
KITEC – Star Hall
------------------------------
想知更多比賽資料及最新消息,留意官方網站:
For more information, please keep paying attention on our official website:
http://www.e-1world.com/

聯絡我們 Contact Us :
http://m.me/e1worldchamp

#e1worldchamp #muaythai #martialarts #MMA #boxing #e1world #e1worldchamp2017MAY #RamonaPascual #JanayHarding

I've seen one fight finder suggest that Harding is 5'10, seems doubtful to me. She looks like she is somewhere between 5'7 or 5'9. Jessy Jess is fairly close to 5'5, Ramona Pascual, above, is 5'6 to 5'7 according to most sources.

Last edited:
She said she was taking a break after her last loss,talked about going up in weight. From looking at her Instagram I’d say yes
I'm guessing she's planning to move up. 115 has always been a tough cut for her but she did mention after switching gyms her weight cut improved a lot. 125 is gonna be hella stacked if both Claudia and Joanna move up, and Shevchenko moves down.. not to mention all the fighters not signed yet. I'm so excited for future matchups!

Did Gadelha get fake tata's???!??!?
She made it so obvious. She goes in for "knee surgery" then when she comes back her boobs look huge compared to what they were before. She now does the thing where 90% of her pictures are clearly framed to include cleavage shots. I am not complaining though. I am just surprised someone who has had weight problems in the past did it but I guess since 125 is now an option shes not worried about it.

I loved those sweeps and how she jumped on that RNC without hesitation. With time and more experience she will finish the choke or at least notice when to abandon the choke to avoid bad positions on the ground after a failed attempt.

All fight long. As long as she can resist the urge to knee motherfuckers in the face once she tosses them down, she'll be in good shape.

Good night of fights... a few of the fights in the middle dragged on a bit, but the first few were great, and it picked back up again at the end.

PIssed off my bet got taken out thanks to Jacobson just laying on Nichols the whole 2nd round.... it was a close fight, but I don't know who the hell had it 30-27.

Good night for Invicta, they needed some newcomers to step up with the rate the UFC has been raiding them.

Also, looks like the Bernardo/Aldana fight is off......

.....of the Fightpass prelims, and has been moved to FS1 Prelims. :)

Last edited:

--
Nicole Stoll (3-1-0) DE def. Christina Stelliou (1-3-0) GR vs. by TKO (gnp) in rn 2 at Spartacus Fighting Championship 6 Warrior Honor, Sofia, Bulgaria. (121lbs)

I am still looking into this one from the same event.

Cristina Stanciu (5-3-0) RO vs. Mellony Geugjes (2-3-0) NL, Spartacus Fighting Championship 6: Warrior Honor, Sofia, Bulgaria (Listed as at 115lbs) Looking like this fight didn't happen. Stanciu does not even mention the event but for in terms of her teammate Nicole Stoll. (Stanciu training in Germany.)

Gaugjes is gearing up for an event in early Feb.

She was mentioning a Cage fight earlier in the year though.

--
Taking off on a trip tomorrow so I will not be around for some time but I will probably post a little more today.

Last edited:
from another thread. breakdown of WMMA on Main Card totals for 2017 - UFC v Bellator

Thanks so 17/99 = 17.17% of Bellator main card fights being WMMA.

Here we go..

Bellator cards
170 - 0/5
171 - 1/4
172 - 1/5
173 - 1/5
174 - 1/4 (Main event)
175 - 0/5
176 - 1/4
177 - 1/4
178 - 1/4
179 - 0/5
180 - 0/6
181 - 1/4
182 - 1/4
183 - 0/5
184 - 0/4
185 - 2/5
186 - 1/5
187 - 1/5
188 - 1/4
189 - 1/4 (Main Event)
190 - 1/4
191 - 1/4

UFC Cards
Ive not counted either TUF card because obviously all male tuf, all female tuf will be heavily in favor of that sex

Phoenix - 0/4
Denver - 1/4 - Main Event
Houston - 2/6 - Co Main
208 - 1/5 - Main Event
Halifax - 0/6
209 - 1/5
Fortaleza - 1/6
London - 0/4
210 - 1/5
Kansas - 1/4 - Co Main
Nashville - 0/6
Dallas - 1/5 - Co Main
Stockholm - 0/6
212 - 1/5 - Co Main
Auckland - 0/6
Singapore - 1/4 - Main Event
Oklahoma - 1/6
213 - 0/5
Glasgow - 1/6 - Co Main
UnionDale - 0/4
214 - 1/5
Mexico - 1/6 - Co Main
Rotterdam - 1/4
215 - 1/5 - Main Event
Pittsburgh - 0/6
Japan - 1/6
216 - 1/5
Poland - 1/4 - Co Main
Sao Paolo - 0/6
217 - 1/5
Norfolk - 0/6
Sydney - 1/6
Shanghai - 0/4
216 - 1/5
Fresno - 0/6
Winnipeg - 0/4
219 - 2/5 - Main Event

72.73% of Bellator main cards feature WMMA fights versus only 62.16% of UFC Main cards

As far as main card slots goes, WMMA accounts for 17% of Bellator slots v 13% in the UFC

UFC Have the lead on headline slots though. 13% of UFC headlines are female versus 9% in Bellator (But UFC have more divisions)

from another thread. breakdown of WMMA on Main Card totals for 2017 - UFC v Bellator

Here we go..

Bellator cards
170 - 0/5
171 - 1/4
172 - 1/5
173 - 1/5
174 - 1/4 (Main event)
175 - 0/5
176 - 1/4
177 - 1/4
178 - 1/4
179 - 0/5
180 - 0/6
181 - 1/4
182 - 1/4
183 - 0/5
184 - 0/4
185 - 2/5
186 - 1/5
187 - 1/5
188 - 1/4
189 - 1/4 (Main Event)
190 - 1/4
191 - 1/4

UFC Cards
Ive not counted either TUF card because obviously all male tuf, all female tuf will be heavily in favor of that sex

Phoenix - 0/4
Denver - 1/4 - Main Event
Houston - 2/6 - Co Main
208 - 1/5 - Main Event
Halifax - 0/6
209 - 1/5
Fortaleza - 1/6
London - 0/4
210 - 1/5
Kansas - 1/4 - Co Main
Nashville - 0/6
Dallas - 1/5 - Co Main
Stockholm - 0/6
212 - 1/5 - Co Main
Auckland - 0/6
Singapore - 1/4 - Main Event
Oklahoma - 1/6
213 - 0/5
Glasgow - 1/6 - Co Main
UnionDale - 0/4
214 - 1/5
Mexico - 1/6 - Co Main
Rotterdam - 1/4
215 - 1/5 - Main Event
Pittsburgh - 0/6
Japan - 1/6
216 - 1/5
Poland - 1/4 - Co Main
Sao Paolo - 0/6
217 - 1/5
Norfolk - 0/6
Sydney - 1/6
Shanghai - 0/4
216 - 1/5
Fresno - 0/6
Winnipeg - 0/4
219 - 2/5 - Main Event

72.73% of Bellator main cards feature WMMA fights versus only 62.16% of UFC Main cards

As far as main card slots goes, WMMA accounts for 17% of Bellator slots v 13% in the UFC

UFC Have the lead on headline slots though. 13% of UFC headlines are female versus 9% in Bellator (But UFC have more divisions)

You are the man. Thanks

The only reasons I say that the Invicta card was decent was
Brogan Walker-Sanchez spent a lot of the fight in the fence &
Ashley Cummins and Sharon Jacobson spent more time on the
ground when Greg Franklin and Mike England should have stood
them up instead of allowing the fighting on the ground.If Claudia
Gadelha did get breast implants she could have problems with the
state of New York do to the fact that they are banned there as far
as the athletic commission goes.I know that when UFC & Bellator
feature women's fights they are hit & miss do to the MMA market
outside of Invicta either tilting towards women's MMA just barely or
saying it doesn't belong on cards that are majority male.

The only reasons I say that the Invicta card was decent was
Brogan Walker-Sanchez spent a lot of the fight in the fence &
Ashley Cummins and Sharon Jacobson spent more time on the
ground when Greg Franklin and Mike England should have stood
them up instead of allowing the fighting on the ground.If Claudia
Gadelha did get breast implants she could have problems with the
state of New York do to the fact that they are banned there as far
as the athletic commission goes.I know that when UFC & Bellator
feature women's fights they are hit & miss do to the MMA market
outside of Invicta either tilting towards women's MMA just barely or
saying it doesn't belong on cards that are majority male.
Trying to read this post gave me both rectal cancer and AIDS.

Just saw an awesome promo video for Invicta 27 that I hadn't seen up to this point.... waiting for the prelims to start on Fight Pass....

I probally just missed it earlier... but I should have seen that about 20 times. Invicta's online marketing and shit fucking sucks. Website is usually bad, light on the updates on facebook.... maybe I'm just not seeing it (or following on the right sites)

I feel they could do a better job. Wish I knew how... I'd help them out for free.

Back