5+ Star Matches

DIY vs Revival 1.

Bret Hart vs. HBK 1. Their styles work very well together.

Nakamura & Ibushi from WK9.

Taker vs Jeff Hardy from Raw for the title.

Any Flair-Steamboat from 1989.

Pretty much any 1989 NWA was solid.

Bret vs Owen - WM 10

Razor vs HBK - WM 10

Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka - One Night Stand 2005

Austin vs Rock - WM 15

HBK vs Jericho - WM 19

Macho Man vs DDP - Spring Stampede 97

Jerry Lynn vs RVD (Any of them)

SummerSlam '91- Bret Hart vs Mr. Perfect
WrestleMania 10- Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon
Survivor Series '96- Bret Hart vs Stone Cold
WrestleMania 13- Bret Hart vs Stone Cold
WrestleMania 6- Hogan vs Warrior
WrestleMania 20- HHH vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit
WrestleMania 18- Hogan vs Rock
WrestleMania 3- Savage vs Steamboat

Last edited:
Canadian Stampede - 5 on 5 match.
Bret v. bulldog SS 92...Bulldog was coked the fuck up.
Undertaker v. hhh, end of an Era.
Undertaker v. Mankind, KOTR 98
HBK/HHH( really any match during their feud...Summerslam 02, 3 stages of hell, royal rumble, bad blood, wm20 w/Benoit)
Brock/Rollins/Cena
Cena/AJ I & II

Will add to this list when I think of more.

Lol at anyone who takes Meltzers rating system as gospel. Guy is a mark and compromised at best.

Lol at anyone who takes Meltzers rating system as gospel. Guy is a mark and compromised at best.

rdFqslC.gif

Nakamura & Ibushi from WK9.

Taker vs Jeff Hardy from Raw for the title.

Ill never forget Jeff climbing that ladder, hearing JR screaming "Climb the ladder kid, make yourself famous!", and thinking to myself "holy shit, are they gonna put the strap on him?". Awesome match.

Ill never forget Jeff climbing that ladder, hearing JR screaming "Climb the ladder kid, make yourself famous!", and thinking to myself "holy shit, are they gonna put the strap on him?". Awesome match.

Yeah...that was a great example of what makes a match great. Even though we all knew beyond a shadow of a doubt there was no way in hell Jeff was beating Taker...when he was on that ladder we all believed Jeff was going to be champ. When they can suck you in even when you know better...that's some good friggin work.

Yeah...that was a great example of what makes a match great. Even though we all knew beyond a shadow of a doubt there was no way in hell Jeff was beating Taker...when he was on that ladder we all believed Jeff was going to be champ. When they can suck you in even when you know better...that's some good friggin work.

Yep. Totally sucked in during that match.

It's been over a decade since I watched matches live and that one still sticks out as one where you forget reality and enjoy the ride.

That makes a match 5 star to me. It's not the level of technique but the level of emotion invoked.

That match already got 5 stars. Or do you mean it should be 6 stars?

I mean I consider it one of the ones that deserve 5 stars unlike many of the other ones that do.

Meltzer should stick to scooping everyone and not this BS.

Back