How would you shoot for a takedown on the street?

No you can just grab his collar and turn him a little so he hits the ground with the shoulder not the head, a punch is more deadly that a throw if it knocks you out.

No you can just grab his collar and turn him a little so he hits the ground with the shoulder not the head, a punch is more deadly that a throw if it knocks you out.

Alter my osoto? No.

Guy tried to snatch my gym back as I was getting off a train. I snapped his elbow with a straight armlock to the ground (Waki Gatame).

Knocked some junkie out with Osoto Gari who was hassling me for money.

Broke an Aikido guys ribs with Harai Makikomi onto the hardwood floor of a sports hall because he was talking shit about Judo.

MYoNk.gif

Stupid question:

Would a simple double undertook then simple leg trip to their back work? Like if I get underhooks in, hug them tight, then move my leg behind their legs and trip them back over one of thier legs.... is that a terrible idea to even try in a real life situation?

It works reasonably ok for me when i drill takedowns with my team mates... and that's with people consciously aware to try and prevent me from getting double under hooks.

Anyways sorry if this is a dumb question just curious

A full grown mma fighter at 150 pounds might have childlike strength compared to some of the ogres you’ll run into.
150lb bjj weekend warrior then yeah i agree but a 150lb mma fighter i doubt that.

Most of the featherweights at my gym squat low 400lbs which would make them stronger than 99% of bar douche bags that either don't work out or spend there whole gym workout doing nothing but bicep curls and abs.

People really underestimate how much pure strength even lower weight class wrestlers/mma guys have

150lb bjj weekend warrior then yeah i agree but a 150lb mma fighter i doubt that.

Most of the featherweights at my gym squat low 400lbs which would make them stronger than 99% of bar douche bags that either don't work out or spend there whole gym workout doing nothing but bicep curls and abs.

People really underestimate how much pure strength even lower weight class wrestlers/mma guys have

Fair enough

Never been in a SF before but I've seen 99% of the time they spam with jab/hook.

How would you avoid getting punched and go for a takedown?

Never been in a SF before but I've seen 99% of the time they spam with jab/hook.

Just accept that you are going to get punched till you get into a clinch. Cover up your face with your elbows so you don't get knocked the fuck out.

Like George said, that's part of striking you will get hit. What makes a good striker against an untrained one is getting hit in the right place aka not your chin, liver, temple, etc.

But this type of drills is done on the reg in MMA gyms/classes

Drilling where your partner throws hands and you time the shot. If they punch correctly , all their weight is shifted forward meaning you'll get the double leg gracefully. They basically fold over your shoulder when you penetrate. Also since their weight is forward you're not going to eat knees.

Back