CS-GO : Anyone watching the Eleague Major Qualifier This Weekend (then Major next week)?

KarateYeah

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Any Counter Strike GO fans out there? Hopefully a few out here, my two favorite hobbies : MMA & CS.

If so, who you got 9 qualifying this weekend? And the favorites for the Major?

Btw, 100 Thieves are out... they didn't get their Visa's approved, so a new slot opened at the qualifier (9 instead of 8 to go and meet the Legend's 8.

Cheers!

I've tried watching CS:GO. It's absurdly boring.

This thread has more baiters than casual.

Obvious favorite is Faze.
Technically this was renamed to Major, not Major qualifier.
System is still same as last one, except stickers go to former qualifier teams too.
Cool, mine was 100 thieves and now Sk.

It’s really Major Qualifier this weekend. To narrow down to the 9 who will play rhe Major starting Friday. FaZe is still on the qualifier.

Nothing beats Overwatch. Most boring thing I’ve seen in my life
It's a close 2nd. Just barely less boring than CS:GO.

Rocket League ftw. Game is absurdly fun to watch.

It's a close 2nd. Just barely less boring than CS:GO.

Rocket League ftw. Game is absurdly fun to watch.
That’s another game I can’t get behind. I see my brother playing and think it’s pretty boring too. Tbh CS is the only one I can watch, but maybe that’s because I played pro 1.6 so that helps.

I watched abouth of half of it and will for sure catch the majors next week. I usually put the tournament on my middle monitor while i'm browsing the web or playing a slow paced game such as divinity 2

It's just like golf, boring at first but once you pick up on the players habits/style along with the map adjustments, it's pretty entertaining to watch.

I watched abouth of half of it and will for sure catch the majors next week. I usually put the tournament on my middle monitor while i'm browsing the web or playing a slow paced game such as divinity 2

It's just like golf, boring at first but once you pick up on the players habits/style along with the map adjustments, it's pretty entertaining to watch.
Exactly. This major has less famous teams but some matches have been great.

Vegas Squadron have been fun to watch so far

That’s another game I can’t get behind. I see my brother playing and think it’s pretty boring too. Tbh CS is the only one I can watch, but maybe that’s because I played pro 1.6 so that helps.
I've never been able to even get hardcore gamer friends to sit down for a whole match of CS:GO. Rocket League thrills everyone-- including people who don't even play games. You can make all kinds of drinking games out of the goals.

To each his own, I guess.

Great event. Can't believe it got so many viewers to say it was just the qualifiers. Don't really love to Swiss format for the real major but I'm still excited for the arena weekend and will be watching it all with a friend or two with the pizza!

Pretty interesting 1st day.
A lot of surprises and blowouts were to teams leaving their bad map in, and getting punished for it, or leaving underdogs good map in.
Only 2 losing teams got to double digits which is unexpected.

Best game got decided by 1 HP.

Looking forward to today's matches.

Dude, what an amazing day yesterday was. Great games and upsets all around!

I'm loving the underdog QB beating these better teams!

Great event. Can't believe it got so many viewers to say it was just the qualifiers. Don't really love to Swiss format for the real major but I'm still excited for the arena weekend and will be watching it all with a friend or two with the pizza!

Yeah, yesterday SK's game had 600k..amazing

Out of all the matches played i sadly missed two days because of work(Sunday that just passed and Friday during the Challengers stage). Overall the matches have been surprisingly one sided. Last years ELeague Major was nothing but close games throughout.

One good thing is that all the people complaining(mainly NiP and Optic fans) about the CIS Minor winners getting spots were proven wrong.

I'll be at the stadium cheering for SK. Though im predicting G2 to win it all over Faze.

Quantum Bellator Fire make play offs!

They were my 0-3 pick. QBF that played in the Challengers stage was a complete 180 to the team that showed up for the Legends stage. Could see in their play that their confidence was built up from the Minor/Challenger stage.

Quantum Bellator Fire make play offs!
Unbelievable.

Now the craziest thing is: on paper QBF was 7th best team in CIS minor.
I am serious. There is very few lower tier LANs in CIS, so you have to go mostly by online results.
Approximately in other 3 minors 7th best teams on paper were: Windigo, Rise Nation and Tainted Minds.
Another thing, they barely made it to 2nd place in Minor to qualify for Major.
They had 2 very close BO3 that they had to win in Minor not to get eliminated.

Just checked: all Minors had same system.
QBF played most maps at Minor: 17, Misfits are second with 15.
Yeah dude, I"m so happy for them. So nice to see the teams so close at high level, just shows how good SK is winning the majority of the tournaments last year, although no Major, still pretty consistent.

QBF is def. on my picks hehe

Out of all the matches played i sadly missed two days because of work(Sunday that just passed and Friday during the Challengers stage). Overall the matches have been surprisingly one sided. Last years ELeague Major was nothing but close games throughout.

One good thing is that all the people complaining(mainly NiP and Optic fans) about the CIS Minor winners getting spots were proven wrong.

I'll be at the stadium cheering for SK. Though im predicting G2 to win it all over Faze.

They were my 0-3 pick. QBF that played in the Challengers stage was a complete 180 to the team that showed up for the Legends stage. Could see in their play that their confidence was built up from the Minor/Challenger stage.
Are you from Brazil or just an SK fan?

I was really pulling for 100 thieves cause I'm friends with fnx, but I think Faze has a good chance to win this if SK doesn't go through

Are you from Brazil or just an SK fan?

Just a SK fan. The hard work and dedication shows in their play. Fallens humility is victory/defeat is something the younger viewers dont fully comprehend.

I think they have like 1:2.5 odds winning BO3 against Navi, but even worse odds later on.

That match is the only one thats 50/50 for me. Outside of Inferno NaVi look pitiful.

A South America Minor exists. They are given two(?) lan spots at the NA Minor lan. If 100thieves are still around come the summer Major theyll probably get a direct invite to the NA Minor lan.

Just a SK fan. The hard work and dedication shows in their play. Fallens humility is victory/defeat is something the younger viewers dont fully comprehend.

That match is the only one thats 50/50 for me. Outside of Inferno NaVi look pitiful.

A South America Minor exists. They are given two(?) lan spots at the NA Minor lan. If 100thieves are still around come the summer Major theyll probably get a direct invite to the NA Minor lan.

True, I know them and helped them out last major here in Atlanta. Ppl dont know Cold because he is shy but he is really humble and literally breathes csgo all the time. He’ll always plays hours of DM after long training sessions. Guy is obsessed just like Jordan was and many other greats. Pratice makes perfect for sure.

And I’ll ask fnx if they are getting a direct invite. Hopefully they do. Had huge hopes for them

Back