New Martial Arts Movie with Buakaw on netflix

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I enjoyed his other film. Hopefully this will be good aswell. enjoy~!

I enjoyed his other film. Hopefully this will be good aswell. enjoy~!

Thnx for the description, and picture...

1yUQ.gif

dunno why i never watched or liked any Martial Arts movie including Bruce Lee and etc

Buakaw is the main star? haha that's awesome! I assumed it was like an extended cameo but it looks like he is the movie. now I wanna watch it even though it must be awful.

I'll probably check it out, seems like it should be amusing at the very least.

I remember seeing the trailer, looked like a bad knockoff of Ong Bak 2.

i actually watched these scenes but i cant get into it

I don't get the hype behind The Raid. Iko Uwais is like a poor mans Tony Jaa.

The Raid is a lot more dark and violent than Ong Bak, and the choreography and fight scenes seem a lot more realistic IMO (I like both films btw). The Raid 2 in particular is really a must-watch for any fans of martial arts and combat sports.

I like both Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais, I don't see how Iko Uwai's a "poor mans Tony Jaa". What do you even mean by that?

Last edited:

That's fair enough. It's not for everyone. I can't really watch most Kung Fu films, or films like Kickboxer or Undisputed. Somehow films like the raid I find are different and entertaining.

Did you watch the scenes from the raid 2 as well?

The Raid is a lot more dark and violent than Ong Bak, and the choreography and fight scenes seem a lot more realistic IMO (I like both films btw). The Raid 2 in particular is really a must-watch for any fans of martial arts and combat sports.

I like both Tony Jaa and Iko Uwais, I don't see how Iko Uwai's a "poor mans Tony Jaa". What do you even mean by that?

same style of action, just worse. to each his own, I guess.

Watch Bloodsport and get your life in order...

I grew up on Martial Arts flicks. Any VHS at the video store that had a Ninja or someone throwing a kick on the cover was rented. It was the perfect gateway for fight sports.

That's fair enough. It's not for everyone. I can't really watch most Kung Fu films, or films like Kickboxer or Undisputed. Somehow films like the raid I find are different and entertaining.

Did you watch the scenes from the raid 2 as well?

Thats regionally blocked :(

You don't like The Raid and The Raid 2, or Headshot? :eek:
never even heard of these movies:oops:

Headshot is mediocre and generic, but THE RAID series are some of my favorite films of all time.

Everyday people send Evans messages asking for The Raid 3, I've done it myself, but he just won't budge. We need THE RAID 3, please!! <2>

Back