STREET FIGHTER V-v5: Arcade Edition - Battle Lounge 4/6 – Streamed on Twitch! 4:30PM PST!

I’ve seen enough Abigail. He’s so rough to play against. You can win the whole round and then BAM, you’re dead.

Lol @ 15:50

Not exactly the first time DPs weren't invincible (Street Fighter Alpha 2)

We need them back stat.

Doesn't bother me. I never relied on them and some of the characters I played never really had them to begin with. I used to play Dan and his used to be crap (unless he glowed white or some shit) so I got used to it, lol.

I’ve seen enough Abigail. He’s so rough to play against. You can win the whole round and then BAM, you’re dead.

Yea, I'm not a fan either. He's also just obnoxiously big, I don't like having a character that dwarfs Zangief. Call me a purist...

Also not a fan of the new characters getting entirely new input schemes, 1 or 2 gimmick moves is tolerable, but when the character doesn't have a single charge or quarter circle motion in their moves list I'm just left confused.

I'm sure it's refreshing for some people, but meh, I could pass on it.

I have a tough time against grapplers in general because I play defensively. Usually goes a lot better once I kind of figure the matchup out though. As long as I don't screw up, I'm fine against the others. I've only fought Abigail like twice, though, so I don't really know how to counter his options.

Doesn't bother me. I never relied on them and some of the characters I played never really had them to begin with. I used to play Dan and his used to be crap (unless he glowed white or some shit) so I got used to it, lol.

lol, you do love those yolo DP's though. Especially after a knockdown.

Yea, I'm not a fan either. He's also just obnoxiously big, I don't like having a character that dwarfs Zangief. Call me a purist...

Also not a fan of the new characters getting entirely new input schemes, 1 or 2 gimmick moves is tolerable, but when the character doesn't have a single charge or quarter circle motion in their moves list I'm just left confused.

I'm sure it's refreshing for some people, but meh, I could pass on it.

Don't tell that to @Thunderhead. Some were saying it was to help either new or Tekken players cross over. Not sure why they did that, but I find it interesting.

I have a tough time against grapplers in general because I play defensively. Usually goes a lot better once I kind of figure the matchup out though. As long as I don't screw up, I'm fine against the others. I've only fought Abigail like twice, though, so I don't really know how to counter his options.

Abigail just frustrates me because he has insane momentum, his damage is crazy and his VT is basically OP. 1 missed DP and you're over 50% dead. I played a Rashid last night and he was a pain, but fun in a way. Talk about not hitting a button. Both him and Bison will reck you if they're applying pressure. Something I've got to learn not to do.

Don't tell that to @Thunderhead. Some were saying it was to help either new or Tekken players cross over. Not sure why they did that, but I find it interesting.

Abigail just frustrates me because he has insane momentum, his damage is crazy and his VT is basically OP. 1 missed DP and you're over 50% dead. I played a Rashid last night and he was a pain, but fun in a way. Talk about not hitting a button. Both him and Bison will reck you if they're applying pressure. Something I've got to learn not to do.

Giving you a taste of your own medicine. :p

Never heard that. Tekken does have inputs, a few more difficult that Street Fighter even if they're the same (Just frames). Nelson from KOF14 is similar who is a boxer.

Giving you a taste of your own medicine. :p

Never heard that. Tekken does have inputs, a few more difficult that Street Fighter even if they're the same (Just frames). Nelson from KOF14 is similar who is a boxer.

hahahaha so true.

I was tossing them out last night like it was no ones business. They seem to multiply by the level of salt I'm reaching.

I thought I read that on reddit, but I could be wrong.

hahahaha so true.

I was tossing them out last night like it was no ones business. They seem to multiply by the level of salt I'm reaching.

I thought I read that on reddit, but I could be wrong.

It was the other way around with Akuma in Tekken because he can do a lot of the things that he could do in SF which was pretty nice.

Lulz. It took me a while to get used to his inputs, especially coming from a charge heavy background (Chun Li and Guile) and a Shoto e.g. Karin and Rolento. I haven't played Tekken since Tekken 3...

GG's Friday night @Crimson Fury. Sorry I bailed, my GF and I had to have a talk lol.

Ryu confirmed Top Tier AE! Come rushing at me Abigail's!

The best VT2’s from what I got from others opinions are, Ryu, Sim, Kolin, Karin and Rashid (Fang of course because he never had a first one. Maybe Vega as well, but a lot of people seem to hate it).

Any others?

The best VT2’s from what I got from others opinions are, Ryu, Sim, Kolin, Karin and Rashid (Fang of course because he never had a first one. Maybe Vega as well, but a lot of people seem to hate it).

Any others?

Zvh8fXX.jpg

edit: Juri's seems underwhelming. Alex can combo into his at least. We'll see how it goes starting tomorrow. There's quite a few characters that I want to try out.

Last edited:
Looks like the range of Ryu's cr. MK was increased. There's other characters who could use this too.

It'sHappening.gif

Today is the day. Gonna install the update after work and dive right in.

Looks like the range of Ryu's cr. MK was increased. There's other characters who could use this too.

Watching all of the new Ryu buffs has me thinking he’s almost a new character. He has a st.lp tick throw now, after throw his cr.mp or cr.mk connect without moving, he can exdp after lk.tatsu in the corner, he can juggle VT1 lp.dp into mp.dp after donkey kick in the corner, his donkey kick can cancel into CA raw after a b.hk AA and his VT2 is active on frame 1 which will be a threat to anyone throwing out bogus block strings *cough rashid*. Its going to be a fun year with him.

Not to mention he has a 3 bar meter corner combo off a jp.hp counter hit.

Back