Nintendo just can't compete at the top any more with consoles.

I'm considering buy a switch and I haven't had a Nintendo system since the original SNES ,my consoles after that were the ps1,dreamcast,xbox,xbox 360

Maybe the demand is just high? I can't imagine being the fastest selling console in the U.S. market ever, and then hear the capitulations that they are intentionally keeping supply low to create demand actually sounding logical to people at this juncture. You can't have an artificially scarce product that is a "best seller" beating out other like products in quantity sold in the same space. It doesn't mathematically compute.

Not coming down on you specifically about this (as you aren't the only one saying this), but it just doesn't compute.
Understandable, just saying when a store gets 2 consoles a month after a launch of like 5-7 a store it seems weird. I ran the electronics department and we got an alert saying it wasn't an error, Nintendo chose to do that to the retail stores.

Gotta come in with the edit to mention I love me some Mario kart, when I visit my sister we play non stop. That game never gets old.

Apparently the PS4 managed to move another 5.9m units just during the holidays.

I was surprised considering how well-selling the Switch is, and also that the biggest gaming phenomenon in 2017 was PUBG which is exclusive to the PC and Xbox One.

It's crazy how well the PS4 is doing. Then you have the switch that came out of nowhere and is doing amazingly well. I'm really wondering what Xbox is going to do. There chances of making PUBG exclusive I think is pretty much impossible considering PS4 has nearly double the install base.

I was really hoping to see Xbox make some big changes and really invest in gaming after the horrible gen they had compared to 360 but they just don't seem interested in doing that. Well they had the xbox X or whatever it's called but that doesn't seem to have done anything for them. God help them if they cancel anymore exclusive games due in 2018.

I'm considering buy a switch and I haven't had a Nintendo system since the original SNES ,my consoles after that were the ps1,dreamcast,xbox,xbox 360

Yea my last nintendo system was the NES when I was like 8.

It's crazy how well the PS4 is doing. Then you have the switch that came out of nowhere and is doing amazingly well. I'm really wondering what Xbox is going to do. There chances of making PUBG exclusive I think is pretty much impossible considering PS4 has nearly double the install base.

I was really hoping to see Xbox make some big changes and really invest in gaming after the horrible gen they had compared to 360 but they just don't seem interested in doing that. Well they had the xbox X or whatever it's called but that doesn't seem to have done anything for them. God help them if they cancel anymore exclusive games due in 2018.
They publish the game, so it's up to them, but yeah, they'll definitely eat profit if they resist a timed release to other platforms. Then again, I'm not sure what share of microtransaction profits they take, so they might not care as much about the health of the install base versus a long-term strategy to bolster their platform base itself.

Arent consoles just a really shitty PC at this point? Didnt realize people still used them, thought it was just entry level tech for children who cant afford PC

Bought my 7 year old son a SNES mini for Christmas - absolutely entranced by Earthbound.

It always has, and always will be, about the gameplay - Nintendo gets that.

Bought my 7 year old son a SNES mini for Christmas - absolutely entranced by Earthbound.

It always has, and always will be, about the gameplay - Nintendo gets that.
I started it on the 3ds but never finished it. My brother has just about every piece of earthbound memorabilia there is. Maybe I'll fire it up tonight

Earthbound was outstanding.

I hope I remember to pre order.

I really want to see my kid the 1st time Tyson owns her. lol @ kids!
I've only ever seen 1 in person at a game store for $250 hopefully Nintendo makes more this time so people can actually buy one.

Back