What 9mm pistol should I get?

Love IV8888

Yeah, I'm digging his videos. Typically I default to Hickock45 because he seems to have a video for everything -especially old west wheel guns which I collect. But I love stress test videos too and this dude has some good videos for that.

And FPSRussian vids for the hilarity and ridiculousness lol

Anyone here with Law enforcement or a legal background?

I’ve always wondered about the things I hear regarding customization and ammo choices. The rumors I hear are that if your gun is anything but 100% stock and you shoot anything other then the same ammo PD uses.... you will nailed to the wall by lawyers in a self defense situation.

Meaning that if I kill someone in a clean act of self defense, prosecutors will bury me as a guy “looking to kill” because my gun is customized/upgraded or I used fancy ammo

*** I carry a M&P Shield 9mm with a lot of upgrades. Loaded with Hornaday “critical defense” ammo

I’ve always wondered about the things I hear regarding customization and ammo choices. The rumors I hear are that if your gun is anything but 100% stock and you shoot anything other then the same ammo PD uses.... you will nailed to the wall by lawyers in a self defense situation.

Meaning that if I kill someone in a clean act of self defense, prosecutors will bury me as a guy “looking to kill” because my gun is customized/upgraded or I used fancy ammo

*** I carry a M&P Shield 9mm with a lot of upgrades. Loaded with Hornaday “critical defense” ammo

@Protectandserve

What upgrades? Some might raise eyebrows and others not so much. Night sights for example shouldn't.

You can use a variety of hollow points. Things like the RIP round and Zombie max stuff would probably not be advisable.

Most of the shit you see guys slinging around about gun mods is bullshit, and when you ask for case examples everyone seems to just have a blank stare. Internal changes like trigger work, mag disconnect removal, etc. will never be noticed by anyone, never uncovered by a prosecutor, and thus will never be presented to a jury.

Don't emboss the punisher logo on your shit, don't have "you're fucked" on your dust cover like that awful cop in Arizona, and don't have a bunch of public social media posts showing CCW shootouts with dumb captions like "Taking out the trash, hehe." That's the kind of stuff a prosecutor might be able to roast you over.

@Protectandserve

What upgrades? Some might raise eyebrows and others not so much. Night sights for example shouldn't.

You can use a variety of hollow points. Things like the RIP round and Zombie max stuff would probably not be advisable.
Its more in civil court you could hit problems. Even then I think its blown put of proportion.

If you have the Punisher skull on your carry gun maybe a problem but a different trigger, spring or barrel should not be an issue.

As far as ammo carry quality stuff, not gimmicky "death ammo" like mentioned above. We even had to have our range instructor tell our idiot rookies to take the Zombie Defense ammo out of their off duty guns.

Like that dumb ass cop with "You're fucked" on his dust cover of his AR. Will hurt him in civil court but did not affect the verdict in criminal court.

@Protectandserve

I have a True Precision barrel, Apex trigger, sent the slide out for machine work to lighten it up and add cerrations on top, also sent the frame to LFI for stippling and trigger guard undercut. So over all it’s pretty custom and I shoot the basic HD ammo from Hormaday.

No logos or attention seeking gimmicks but definetly not stock when you look at it.

Well, your ammo should be okay. It's the exact civilian version of what the cops often carry, "Hornady Critical Duty" and it is the same except it is not meant to penetrate through barriers.

I have a True Precision barrel, Apex trigger, sent the slide out for machine work to lighten it up and add cerrations on top, also sent the frame to LFI for stippling and trigger guard undercut. So over all it’s pretty custom and I shoot the basic HD ammo from Hormaday.

No logos or attention seeking gimmicks but definetly not stock when you look at it.

We have a few SWAT guys who have Apex triggers installed by our armorer. I need to get one for both my on and off duty guns.

We have a few SWAT guys who have Apex triggers installed by our armorer. I need to get one for both my on and off duty guns.
I was at the range today with my gf who has s stock trigger in her shield.

Shooting between both triggers, it’s a huge difference. I love the Apex

d0IFo5M.jpg

Just installed mine and took it out last week. I don't like the trigger safety but other than that it's good.

I was at the range today with my gf who has s stock trigger in her shield.

Shooting between both triggers, it’s a huge difference. I love the Apex
Still better than the LC9. What a shitty trigger. I swear they are almost as bad as those awful Cobras.

TS got banned, I guess we'll never know what he ended up getting.

Its more in civil court you could hit problems. Even then I think its blown put of proportion.

If you have the Punisher skull on your carry gun maybe a problem but a different trigger, spring or barrel should not be an issue.

As far as ammo carry quality stuff, not gimmicky "death ammo" like mentioned above. We even had to have our range instructor tell our idiot rookies to take the Zombie Defense ammo out of their off duty guns.

Like that dumb ass cop with "You're fucked" on his dust cover of his AR. Will hurt him in civil court but did not affect the verdict in criminal court.
I stipple all my Glocks, and I did a smiley face into a 26 and a peace sign into my 43 where it peeks out from IWB.

220px-Peace_sign.svg.png

:)

Glock 19 is the most versatile of the bunch. Enough for the nightstand and small enough to carry too.

I have a S&W M&Pc and use it in the same manner. Excellent gun too.

My last purchase was a HK VP40. It has become my go to for pretty much everything. The 40 is a bit clunky for carry but can be with the right holster. They make it in 9mm too. They can be had for a little more than the G19...

p365 looks like a winner.

Held one today. How does Glock even clap back? The G26 might survive by virtue of magazine cross platform usage with the 17 and 19. But the whole premise of the G43 is nullified by a smaller weapon, that holds 4 more rounds, that’s probably just as well made.

That being said, I’m probably trading my 43 for a 26. The PCC market is booming right now. And the rifles I like answer the universal question, “Does it take Glock mags?”

Held one today. How does Glock even clap back? The G26 might survive by virtue of magazine cross platform usage with the 17 and 19. But the whole premise of the G43 is nullified by a smaller weapon, that holds 4 more rounds, that’s probably just as well made.

That being said, I’m probably trading my 43 for a 26. The PCC market is booming right now. And the rifles I like answer the universal question, “Does it take Glock mags?”
Agreed.

I really worry that Glock has painted themselves into a corner in some ways.

They're so insistent on every gun basically being the same and redone for different calibers and they haven't seen to done SHIT to innovate... other than an ambi mag release (that is trash) and the ambi slide lock (that is goofy as shit).

They still ship stock with shit-tier plastic sights (the plastic is what gets me) and a triggerguard that IMO is too thick.

Back