Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Justin Frazier (9-2) defeated Parnell Davis (8-5) with a Forearm Choke in the 1st Round at RCC 14 on December 29th. The fight took place at Super Heavyweight at 285. He already has his next fight announced. He'll be fighting Reggie Cato (5-2) at Pyramid Fights 6 on March 17th. He-s 2-0 since returning from a 3 year hiatus from the sport.

Ivan Gulyaev 0-1 vs. Jules Bukaka Fredah 0-0
Zhyrgalbek Chomonov 1-0 vs. Mansur Rizoev 0-0
Dylan Schoenfeld vs. Deontre Butts co debut
Carl Ranieri 0-1 vs. Patrick O'Reilly 0-0
Calyn Hull 1-0 vs. Tyree Millsap 0-1
Galen Livingston 2-0 vs. Jody Linthicum 2-1
Quinton Jackson 37-12 vs. Chael Sonnen 29-15-1

WFCA 45 features

Alihan Vahaev (5-2 prospect) x Ivo Cuk (12-8 journeyman)

good fight to develop "Umar" Vahaev, he is young, 6'6, last Volkan's fight before UFC
any thoughts on his potential and maybe you know his age? @Paul L

if someone can, maybe upload Umar sherdog page please, there's no information on his height, no photo and he's on the wrong weight class there

BEN Beebe 7-3 vs Everett Cummings 14-0 added to Bellator 193 prelim portion

Galen Livingston (3-0) beat Jody Linthicum (2-2) by 1st Round TKO at Walkout FC 9.
Calyn Hill (2-0) beat Tyree Millsap (0-2) by 1st Round Neck Crank at Pure FC 8.

Charles Brown 1-3 vs. Lawrence Bonds 0-0 (315)
Dan Hoogerhyde 1-1 vs. Ryan Hall 1-2 (315)
Tyrell Fortune 3-0 vs. Joe Hernandez 4-2
Juan Adams 2-0 vs. Dwight Gipson 8-7
Sergey Pogodaev 3-1 vs. Diosman de Jesus 5-1
Gary Harling 0-6 vs. Ronnie Byerly 0-0
Nick Brashear vs. Ian Suttles dual debut (315)
Brandon Sayles 4-1 vs. Dexter Carthon 1-1
LJ Jones 0-0 vs. Robert Neal 4-5
Larry 0-0 vs. Dewayne McQueen 0-2
Brian Peterson 1-0 vs. Jason Belyew 0-0
Michael Stahl 0-0 vs. Roman Pizzolato 9-9

lol everett cummings weighed in at 232 for a SHW fight, what a madman

Mika Faavale lost via 1st round body shot KO couple of weeks ago to Brian Ryan (19-8) - a 44 year old who hadn't won a fight for 5 years. Watching some of his early fights I thought Faavale had potential, like a Alaskan version of Tai Tuivasa, but this is a huge step back, not sure he is the prospect i thought he was.

Mika Faavale lost via 1st round body shot KO couple of weeks ago to Brian Ryan (19-8) - a 44 year old who hadn't won a fight for 5 years. Watching some of his early fights I thought Faavale had potential, like a Alaskan version of Tai Tuivasa, but this is a huge step back, not sure he is the prospect i thought he was.

That sucks. I was hoping Faavale would be good because in his tapology picture he looks like mark hunt.

Charles Brown 1-3 vs. Lawrence Bonds 0-0 (315)
Dan Hoogerhyde 1-1 vs. Ryan Hall 1-2 (315)
Tyrell Fortune 3-0 vs. Joe Hernandez 4-2
Juan Adams 2-0 vs. Dwight Gipson 8-7
Sergey Pogodaev 3-1 vs. Diosman de Jesus 5-1
Gary Harling 0-6 vs. Ronnie Byerly 0-0
Nick Brashear vs. Ian Suttles dual debut (315)
Brandon Sayles 4-1 vs. Dexter Carthon 1-1
LJ Jones 0-0 vs. Robert Neal 4-5
Larry 0-0 vs. Dewayne McQueen 0-2
Brian Peterson 1-0 vs. Jason Belyew 0-0
Michael Stahl 0-0 vs. Roman Pizzolato 9-9

lol everett cummings weighed in at 232 for a SHW fight, what a madman
Come on. Look at Ryan Hall - left UFC and moved up to 5 weight classes, that's the brave man!

I'm joking.

I agree mate. Faavale had that potential of being one of those regional dudes who look like flabby/out of shape brawlers but manage to work their way to the UFC and then, anything goes. Not anymore, same goes for that lad from Arizona, Dale Sopi. Another Hunto/Islander looking HW brawler with a gut but he hit a massive wall too.

WFCA 45 features

Alihan Vahaev (5-2 prospect) x Ivo Cuk (12-8 journeyman)

good fight to develop "Umar" Vahaev, he is young, 6'6, last Volkan's fight before UFC
any thoughts on his potential and maybe you know his age? @Paul L

if someone can, maybe upload Umar sherdog page please, there's no information on his height, no photo and he's on the wrong weight class there

Last time I checked him out, he was in his early 20's, I'd say he has to be 24-25 now. Hopefully he can go on a good streak, but in Russian MMA, you get thrown to the wolves quickly off a few wins. I'd say as long as they give him room to get 4-5 wins under his belt, he can be a decent prospect.

Galen Livingston (3-0) beat Jody Linthicum (2-2) by 1st Round TKO at Walkout FC 9.
Calyn Hill (2-0) beat Tyree Millsap (0-2) by 1st Round Neck Crank at Pure FC 8.

Calyn Hull is pretty solid. He needs to get out of his home promotion and take some LFA fights though, he's in his 30's, so he needs to bring the competition level up a bit.

Last edited:
Calyn Hill is pretty solid. He needs to get out of his home promotion and take some LFA fights though, he's in his 30's, so he needs to bring the competition level up a bit.

I believe Calyn said his next fight will be for LFA. A fight with him and Juan Adams would be interesting because he's 6'6" and Juan is 6'5" but I'm sure they won't have those two fight this early in their careers. Juan looked extremely dominant on the ground tonight and could end up getting a Cain Velasqeuzesque call up.

Come on. Look at Ryan Hall - left UFC and moved up to 5 weight classes, that's the brave man!

I'm joking.

Rhino Hall will be participating in a Super Heavyweight Tournament tonight. I'm not sure if it's a one night tournament or not.

I have that feeling that UFC might invite Adams to DWTNCS in the next season, i think that's not a good idea since i'd like to see him getting at least more 2 or 3 fights to get in UFC with some experience, but his dominant wins and size gave him so much hype that i don't think Maynard is going to wait..

I have that feeling that UFC might invite Adams to DWTNCS in the next season, i think that's not a good idea since i'd like to see him getting at least more 2 or 3 fights to get in UFC with some experience, but his dominant wins and size gave him so much hype that i don't think Maynard is going to wait..

Very likely we'll see him in DWTNCS, or maybe a UFC call up before. Juan's size, strength, and D1 wrestling is an amazing combo. Plus he hasn't shown his cardio off yet (Hint: He has really good cardio). His striking needs lots of work though. I think he can cut it right now in the UFC based off the former traits, but if he's going to fight a top 10 guy, he needs to get better striking.

Long term, if Juan improves his striking, I can't see anyone aside from Ngannou or Blaydes having the age and athleticism to stop him from taking a belt.

Adams is looking good, really good, competition aside. He's doing what a blue-chip prospect should and smashing them quickly and effortlessly.

I can definitely see him on the next DWTNCS as you guys said, and being signed to the UFC at 4-0. Just hope they don't throw him to the wolves too early, though.

I'd like to see him getting at least 2 or 3 more fights with LFA before going to DWTNCS and UFC after, but i understand that they need new blood there..
At least UFC has many freaks like Grabowski, Asker and Coulter that Adams would dominate.

His striking reaally needs work.

Back