UFC 220 - Miocic vs Ngannou - Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
stipe one of the best inside strikers, ngannou one of the best outside.

that lead left uppercut is wicked, the lead left hook, too, both arguably the most difficult punches to throw in boxing

not going to mean anything if stipe can get him down, tire him, and then ngannou has nothing left after 10 minutes

Ngannou's hooks and uppercuts in the pocket are lethal. He has monstrous power in both hands and even partially landed they can stagger and hurt guys. He's KO'd 3 guys just in the UFC with uppercuts. None of them at distance.

I don't think Stipe wants to be inside striking with Francis at all. Stipe needs to be at range or level changing. Anywhere else he's at a disadvantage imo.

Well, and if he doesn't do it. He ends up more than likely trying to outbox him at range. Or just bull rush in constant takedowns.

Has Stipe HELD down anyone besides Hunt. Same Hunt held down by Lesnar

Stipe focuses more on damage than control when he gets top position I think.

- Weidman is Villante's head coach for this fight.
- Villante's usual head coach, Keith Trimble, is cornering a boxer at a different venue on the same night.
- Weidman thinks Villante only needs to go out there, walk forward, and do his thing, and he'll be unbeatable in this weight class.
- Villante won't move his head, he wants to get hit as much as possible -- like The Hulk.
- Weidman was NOT part of Villante's camp for this fight, as he has been busy with a show and has also been injured (7 inch scar on his left wrist).
- Weidman said he worked with Villante on some things during the past 2 weeks but it was very light. He later says grabbing and wrestling is still painful with the hand he had surgery on and it's still weak, which basically means he didn't really train at all with Villante and was there for verbal technique tips at best.

So Villante didn't have his best wrestling training partner and actually acknowledges that he doesn't try to defend head strikes....solid.

Ngannou's hooks and uppercuts in the pocket are lethal. He has monstrous power in both hands and even partially landed they can stagger and hurt guys. He's KO'd 3 guys just in the UFC with uppercuts. None of them at distance.

I don't think Stipe wants to be inside striking with Francis at all. Stipe needs to be at range or level changing. Anywhere else he's at a disadvantage imo.

stipe throws a great short right hand that could get their quicker than ngannous left hook or uppercuts

bG1s5Q9.gif

miocic-power-shots-close-range-arlovski-ko-2.gif

ParallelComposedCobra.gif

stipe throws a great short right hand that could get their quicker than ngannous left hook or uppercuts

bG1s5Q9.gif

Man oh man. Look at Stipes head and hands. He does not take his head off center and keeps his hands down.

bG1s5Q9.gif

Possibly, yeah. Though Werdum was chasing him recklessly around the cage and Andre was moving straight back into the cage in those GIF's. Easy to land in those spots. Roy throws a super lazy pawing jab with his right hand hanging at his side (both hands hanging at his side when the punch lands).

That's not to say your point is invalid. Stipe's short right cross is nice. But Ngannou has shown much better head movement than anything in those GIFs, by a LOT. Granted, after a couple rounds that could very likely change as Ngannou tires. The fight has to last that long though for us to see if that happens.

Man oh man. Look at Stipes head and hands. He does not take his head off center and keeps his hands down.

stipe is their to be hit. chasing rheem around the ring with his hands down, no guard whatsoever

stipe-rallying.gif

Possibly, yeah. Though Werdum was chasing him recklessly around the cage and Andre was moving straight back into the cage in those GIF's. Easy to land in those spots. Roy throws a super lazy pawing jab with his right hand hanging at his side (both hands hanging at his side when the punch lands).

That's not to say your point is invalid. Stipe's short right cross is nice. But Ngannou has shown much better head movement than anything in those GIFs, by a LOT. Granted, after a couple rounds that could very likely change as Ngannou tires. The fight has to last that long though for us to see if that happens.

im hoping to bet stipe and +300 after the first round if he hasnt taken too much damage. miocic is a proven five round fighter with ko power, ngannou is a proven five minute fighter with ko power

a td and three minutes on the bottom with miocic could drastically change the fight

im hoping to bet stipe and +300 after the first round if he hasnt taken too much damage. miocic is a proven five round fighter with ko power, ngannou is a proven five minute fighter with ko power

a td and three minutes on the bottom with miocic could drastically change the fight

I think we are all looking at live betting Stipe if he survives rd 1 LOL (and isn't completely battered--like you said). If that line is +300 it's gonna get bet down so fast just by the guys in this thread LOL.

stipe is their to be hit. chasing rheem around the ring with his hands down, no guard whatsoever

stipe-rallying.gif

This is exactly what has to worry Stipe backers. Reem was tentative to exchange at all, and spent the majority of that round running away. Stipe coming at Ngannou with his hands down is gonna lead to him being put out cold.

Apparently some famous Bettor called “let-it-ride” who went 6-0 on World Series has bet 100k on ngannou, anyone heard of him?

Lot of people seem to think it is cause the same guy every time breaks the bet he’s done from some unknown source all seems bit funny
I was just messing with you. I posted a link a few posts earlier before your question, saw the link on reddit. Never heard of him before though, but I don't really follow the 'scene' much, no idea how legit he is.

I was just messing with you. I posted a link a few posts earlier before your question, saw the link on reddit. Never heard of him before though, but I don't really follow the 'scene' much, no idea how legit he is.
Ahhhh thanks will find the link now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back