Marijuana legalisation causing violent crime to fall in US states, study finds

I work with a bunch of millionaires who all smoke pot daily and have done so since they were teenagers. You're not in any trench, and if you're blaming family dysfunction on kids smoking weed then I already know you are terrible at your job.

You mad? You probably smoke with a response like this. I know wealthy people who smoke but they didn't abuse the drug in their teens.

Are you a sherdogger who is a millionaire too, or only work with millionaires ? Lol.. right.

@sub_thug
@superpunch

I'm not trying to say that 18 isn't old enough or not, for the military . However when we sit here and claim you aren't wise enough to use alcohol, but old enough to kill another human, that there seems to be a major conflict.

How can we ask young people to be willing to die yet denie them full adulthood. At 18 you are held accountable as adults for the crimes you commit, yet then turn around and tell them they aren't adults as far as using certain drugs? A person is either an adult or not. So if we think that they are not adults at 18, how can we ask them to be willing to kill and die for our country? Seems like killing and dying are things adults should be asked to do.

Last edited:
Optimizing these things with imperfect humans is just a balancing act. That means 18 year old soldiers and a 21 year old drinking age.
Pretty much the rest of the world except USA, Indonesia and Kazakhstan and a few other countries have 18 as the drinking age.

And do you really think "the law" stops stubborn teenagers from drinking before they turn 21? Yeah right.

I don't know. Sometimes I think recorded history is a blip in it all and people lack the imagination to comprehend just how many people/civilizations throughout history have done what they wanted.
This^^^, just $100 years ago you could walk into a drugstore and purchase morphine and coke had cocaine in it. Morphine was only demonized after the Asian immigrants came over here to work on the railroads and brought with them opium. Obviously anything non white or Victorian is to be hated.

@sub_thug
@superpunch

I'm not trying to say that 18 isn't old enough or not, for the military . However when we sit here with and claim you aren't wise enough to use alcohol, but old enough to kill another human, that there seems to be a major conflict.

How can we ask young people to be willing to die yet denie them full adulthood. At 18 you are held accountable as adults for the crimes you commit, yet then turn around and tell them they aren't adults as far as using certain drugs? A person is either an adult or not. So if we think that they are not adults at 18, how can we ask them to be willing to kill and die for our country? Seems like killing and dying are things adults should be asked to do.
Yeah, I certainly get the inconsistency. There does seem to be a sort of disconnect in the matter. The drinking age used to be 18. Do you happen to know why it was raised? I do not off the top of my head.

not shit violent crime went down. you think i am gonna want to beat my wife after smoking a bunch of weed? probably not. probably just want some funyuns and to stare at my hands.

I don't know. That bitch is mouthy.

Yeah, I certainly get the inconsistency. There does seem to be a sort of disconnect in the matter. The drinking age used to be 18. Do you happen to know why it was raised? I do not off the top of my head.

Not going to lie. Every store I went to in South Carolina when I was 19, and in the army, sold to me.

They all said the same thing. Old enough to fight, old enough to drink.

I quickly found this was limited to SC though.

It certainly did for Obama.

Didn't abuse it so of course it didn't effect him lol. People try different things all the time with no major negative effects. Not really hard to understand man lol.

I disagree with many things you said here.

"Leave the physical ability out of this, it is about psychological ability to be responsible."

Personally, my opinion is that being a soldier requires both physical ability and mental responsibility. So, determining an age range for military service requires taking both of these into account.

However, the drinking age does not require taking physical ability into account. That's why it makes sense to have an older minimum drinking age than the minimum military service age. That is also why it's OK to allow 60 year olds to drink but it's not OK to allow 60 year olds to join the military.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel it's necessary to leave physical ability out of the consideration for military service?

"Drinking age in Britain is 18. Is anyone going to argue that British 18 year olds are vastly different to American 18 year olds"

Many things differentiate British and American 18 year olds. We do drive a lot more in America, including our 18 year olds. That is one huge difference between American and British 18 year olds. I'm sure there are others too. If drinking is going to be legal, that's one reason why I support having a 21 year old (or older) drinking age.

One thing I've noticed is that binge drinking is very common in British society. The UK's overall rate of binge drinking is nearly double the USA's. The UK also reports nearly a 30% rate -- 3 times America's -- of high school aged students binge drinking 3 times or more in the past month. I would posit that has a lot to do with Britain's drinking culture and establishments revolving around both including and serving 18-21 year olds.

Browsing through the statistics, it looks like the UK has a major problem with alcoholism. Perhaps, Britain should also raise its drinking age to 21.

Can we be honest, and say most of us were retards at 18, and shouldn't have been trusted with a gun or a bottle?

Hell, I was still a retard at 23. Started to put it together by 24. Stopped completely evolving my world view every year at 28.

Really, I think we need a conversation about how especially males, probably shouldn't be considered adults until they are 23-25.

Can we be honest, and say most of us were retards at 18, and shouldn't have been trusted with a gun or a bottle?

Hell, I was still a retard at 23. Started to put it together by 24. Stopped completely evolving my world view every year at 28.

Really, I think we need a conversation about how especially males, probably shouldn't be considered adults until they are 23-25.

Big time.

Are you saying you aren't still retarded? Just messing with you.

A lot of military guys feel it went a long ways towards shaping them as men, I respect that. Should 18 be old enough? it seems like as good of an age as any to start accepting adulthood. Sure you can still make choices to fuck up your life real bad at 18, but you can also do that at 65.

Are you saying you aren't still retarded? Just messing with you.

Definitely still retarded. Proven by an interest in poltics.

A lot of military guys feel it went a long ways towards shaping them as men, I respect that. Should 18 be old enough? it seems like as good of an age as any to start accepting adulthood. Sure you can still make choices to fuck up your life real bad at 18, but you can also do that at 65.

I'd probably be dead or in jail if I didn't join.

I view the military like being raised Mormon. I have good and bad things to say about it.

Teenagers that smoke early become shitty and lazy adults eventually lol.

So do the ones that get knocked up in my experience.

Are you sure you're talking about causes and not signs?

Not going to lie. Every store I went to in South Carolina when I was 19, and in the army, sold to me.

They all said the same thing. Old enough to fight, old enough to drink.

I quickly found this was limited to SC though.
I’ve heard of a few bars in Texas and North Carolina that served underage soldiers. I know because I had soldiers who drove home from them drunk and got caught or had friends who were in my position. I think it just depends on the bartender, haha. Oh well, it is what it is.

Marijuana stocks gonna be my fast track to early retirement

Im up 488% with Aurora Cannabis in just over 1 year. Say what you want about Canadians but their Cannabis industry is growing like a weed

Back