Robber trapped inside store begs and prays to be let go

There's a difference in stealing to survive and armed robbery for some money. This is America, you get free money from the government to live off of. It doesn't support the best life but it's enough to survive. This guy wasn't breaking into that store to put food on the table, we can be sure of that.

Some things people just don't need to be rehabilitated from. You put a persons life at stake for some money and you're done IMO. Lock em up, throw away the key or execute them. If the laws were harsher, the streets would be safer.

I'll just say that what we see in that video was the most chill, non-violent armed robbery I've ever seen.

I do not condone his actions by any means. But I also didn't see anything I felt like someone just can't come back from.

Like I said, prison time is justified. But more than anything I have to think that what he needs is guidance. Prison is supposed to be rehabilitative, so hopefully in the five years he's expected to receive he'll get some of that. Plenty of people who did go into prison came out as better men, with college degrees and a new outlook on life. So it's not like rehabilitation cannot occur. There are plenty of success stories.

This guy here is funny, at least he acted sane and rational he wasnt thinking of stealing anything or breaking the glass to leave just remained calm and took funny goofy pictures made the best of a situation

I'll just say that what we see in that video was the most chill, non-violent armed robbery I've ever seen.

I do not condone his actions by any means. But I also didn't see anything I felt like someone just can't come back from.

Like I said, prison time is justified. But more than anything I have to think that what he needs is guidance. Prison is supposed to be rehabilitative, so hopefully in the five years he's expected to receive he'll get some of that. Plenty of people who did go into prison came out as better men, with college degrees and a new outlook on life. So it's not like rehabilitation cannot occur. There are plenty of success stories.

The guy had a loaded gun on him. Who cares how chill he was? Why would the gun need to be loaded if he had zero plans on ever using it? The gun being loaded shows intent.

People who are willing to kill others for reasons such as this need to be gone and out of society for life. There are no second chances here when you could potentially destroy a family or a child's life for some money. I don't give a shit if there's a 100% chance of rehabilitation. You don't deserve to be rehabilitated. You deserve to have your life ruined because you were willing to ruin someone else's life over practically nothing.

The guy had a loaded gun on him. Who cares how chill he was? Why would the gun need to be loaded if he had zero plans on ever using it? The gun being loaded shows intent.

People who are willing to kill others for reasons such as this need to be gone and out of society for life. There are no second chances here when you could potentially destroy a family or a child's life for some money. I don't give a shit if there's a 100% chance of rehabilitation. You don't deserve to be rehabilitated. You deserve to have your life ruined because you were willing to ruin someone else's life over practically nothing.

I guess I'm just not that cynical and callused.

I don't think it's that. I just think you're directing your empathy at the wrong person. His life wasn't in danger. Their lives were. Remember that.

Their lives were theoretically in danger, but I think we should concern ourselves more with what DID happen than what MIGHT HAVE happened. Condemning people for what they COULD HAVE done is some Minority Report shit.

Someone said earlier that the "threat of violence is violence." You see, that's funny. I thought the threat of violence was just that, the THREAT of something, not the thing itself. If I get angry with you and say, "I'll kill you!" then do I deserve to go to prison for murder? Obviously not.

I have plenty of empathy for the people in the store but they're fine and safe. No need to worry about them anymore. But now this guy--a guy who was probably raised in a gang environment and doesn't know any other way to live--is going to prison.

Should I not hope that he can be rehabilitated and will come out as a productive citizen?

Their lives were theoretically in danger, but I think we should concern ourselves more with what DID happen than what MIGHT HAVE happened. Condemning people for what they COULD HAVE done is some Minority Report shit.

Someone said earlier that the "threat of violence is violence." You see, that's funny. I thought the threat of violence was just that, the THREAT of something, not the thing itself. If I get angry with you and say, "I'll kill you!" then do I deserve to go to prison for murder? Obviously not.

I have plenty of empathy for the people in the store but they're fine and safe. No need to worry about them anymore. But now this guy--a guy who was probably raised in a gang environment and doesn't know any other way to live--is going to prison.

Should I not hope that he can be rehabilitated and will come out as a productive citizen?

It's intent, not what might have happened. Bringing a loaded gun to a robbery is intent. Can't even argue that. The gun was brought there to intimidate people (could have been unloaded). The gun was loaded in case he had to kill someone to get what he wanted. That's all I the information I need to know. I don't care if he ever pulls it out his waistband at all. The gun was there to kill someone if it came down to it.

If you were in that store, I'm sure you wouldn't be sitting here saying that this guy should do a quick 5 year rehabilitation so we can promptly get him back into society. This dude would have killed you if you stood in the way of his money or him getting arrested. The loaded gun is proof of that.

It's intent, not what might have happened. Bringing a loaded gun to a robbery is intent. Can't even argue that. The gun was brought there to intimidate people (could have been unloaded). The gun was loaded in case he had to kill someone to get what he wanted. That's all I the information I need to know. I don't care if he ever pulls it out his waistband at all. The gun was there to kill someone if it came down to it.

If you were in that store, I'm sure you wouldn't be sitting here saying that this guy should do a quick 5 year rehabilitation so we can promptly get him back into society. This dude would have killed you if you stood in the way of his money or him getting arrested. The loaded gun is proof of that.

Do you not think that he also could be a gang member who carries that gun with him at all times?

C'mon detective, you've seen enough true crime docs to know you have to consider every angle when uncovering the truth of a matter! Put those skills to work!

Do you not think that he also could be a gang member who carries that gun with him at all times?

C'mon detective, you've seen enough true crime docs to know you have to consider every angle when uncovering the truth of a matter! Put those skills to work!

Haha come on Shadow, then that definitely means he needs to be put away for a long ass time. Being a gang member and armed all the time doesn't make it less dangerous for anyone around him when he is committing criminal acts.

Haha come on Shadow, then that definitely means he needs to be put away for a long ass time. Being a gang member and armed all the time doesn't make it less dangerous for anyone around him when he is committing criminal acts.

I think he needs to be put away for as long as it takes for him to come understand that there is a better way to live and to develop the tools to make it on the outside as a productive citizen. No more, no less.

Plenty of gang members have gone into prison and then come out as law-abiding members of society who lead a different life than the one they were leading when they went into prison. I just don't see any reason why this guy can't also be a success story.

I mean, shit, maybe he can't. Maybe he's just got that animal mentality and he's incapable of change. But I don't have evidence of that at this time.

man thats a lot of passion for a criminal with a gun that went to rob a place, the whole thing about victimizing the scumbags in our society is a problem so big it has the potential to destroy everything, and your whole speech at the end of rehabilitation is just hilarious

What a dumb motherfucker.

*pulls loaded gun out and fires at door*

Well, that's now an armed robbery charge, on top of some other firearm charges. Way to make it easy for them. Enjoy the extra 5-10. Holy shit, that's gold.

i didn't even think of that. the guy shooting the gun cost him a few more years. man, what a complete imbecile.

man thats a lot of passion for a criminal with a gun that went to rob a place, the whole thing about victimizing the scumbags in our society is a problem so big it has the potential to destroy everything, and your whole speech at the end of rehabilitation is just hilarious

Let me ask you this: Is it your contention that no criminal has ever been rehabilitated?

Let me ask you this: Is it your contention that no criminal has ever been rehabilitated?

no criminal is truly rehabilitated, they have made conscious choices in order damage society as a whole with their individual or group actions, their actions only demand punishment, i only have simpathy for the true victims of these assholes that run around thinking that they can do anything they want

no criminal is truly rehabilitated, they have made conscious choices in order damage society as a whole with their individual or group actions, their actions only demand punishment, i only have simpathy for the true victims of these assholes that run around thinking that they can do anything they want

We've all victimized somebody in some way at some time. In fact, we've done it many times over the course of a lifetime. It may have been in small ways or big ones, but we've done it.

We also all think that we eventually deserve forgives for these things we've done. We deserve to get past them, to turn over a new leaf.

We've all victimized somebody in some way at some time. In fact, we've done it many times over the course of a lifetime. It may have been in small ways or big ones, but we've done it.

We also all think that we eventually deserve forgives for these things we've done. We deserve to get past them, to turn over a new leaf.

shit, then might hold our hands and we all tie for first place in the peace and rainbow country, what fucking planet do you live on dude, the fuck

shit, then might hold our hands and we all tie for first place in the peace and rainbow country, what fucking planet do you live on dude, the fuck

Not sure why you're asking "what planet I live on." Everything I said is literally true.

So I guess the planet of reality where we're all fuck ups?

Not sure why you're asking "what planet I live on." Everything I said is literally true.

So I guess the planet of reality where we're all fuck ups?
we are going around in circles here, you just go to your criminal-victim advocate side and i will go to reality and everything's mellow

Man that’s a helluva gate they had on that front door. Granted he wasn’t a huge guy but it barely moved when he was running up against it.

Back