Liam Neeson un-retires from action movies

G

Guestx

We've been talking about Liam Neeson action movies lately, with The Commuter just hitting theaters, and I mentioned recently that Neeson said he was done with the action genre.

Well apparently he's walking that back. So for those of you who enjoy seeing Neeson kicking ass, I guess, rejoice! I'm not sure if he just wants the paychecks or if he really enjoys making these movies, but apparently he's not done.

Like a tagline to one of the Taken movies, Liam Neeson is now “unretired.”

The actor had contemplated bowing out of action movies back in 2015, and he predicted earlier in this month that Hard Powder and The Commuter would be two of his last thrillers. But now, speaking with Variety at the premiere of Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House, he’s ready for more…much more.

“It’s not true, look at me,” he said of reports about his action-movie retirement. “You’re talking in the past tense. I’m going to be doing action movies until they bury me in the ground. I’m unretired.”

Earlier this year, Neeson joined the cast of Widows, Steve McQueen’s heist thriller with Viola Davis, and he’s also set to appear in Marlowe, where he’ll play a detective in search of a beautiful blonde’s missing ex lover.

As for more of his Taken movies, well, Neeson seems done with those. “There’s only so many times your daughter can be taken,” he told Stephen Colbert on The Late Show in December. “Actually,” he added, “if we do have another it will be, ‘Please can you take my daughter’?”

He reiterated that sentiment to the Associated Press in discussing his now-former retirement plans. “The thrillers, that was all a pure accident,” he said. “They’re still throwing serious money at me to do that stuff. I’m like, ‘Guy’s I’m 60-f—ing-5.’ Audiences are eventually going to go, ‘Come on.'”

He should have said he's coming back for one last job. For an action star he needs to brush up on his cliches

Hugh Jackman should unretire from being Wolverine and get dat Disney money.

He should have said he's coming back for one last job. For an action star he needs to brush up on his cliches

Probably wants to stay factual.

From the sound of it he'd need to say, "I'm coming back for as many jobs as I can get until I die," and that just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Liam Neeson needs to team up with Jason Bourne already

Hey, can anyone think of this movie and say the title without doing a Liam Neeson impression? Because I sure as hell can't.

He needs to stop doing action and focus on improvisational comedy.

Probably wants to stay factual.

From the sound of it he'd need to say, "I'm coming back for as many jobs as I can get until I die," and that just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Article makes no sense. He says he'll be making these films until they bury him; then at the end he says, "guys, I'm 60 fucking 5. How many of these films can I make?"

Perhaps he's challengng the devil himself here. Take me! If you dare!

Article makes no sense. He says he'll be making these films until they bury him; then at the end he says, "guys, I'm 60 fucking 5. How many of these films can I make?"

Perhaps he's challengng the devil himself here. Take me! If you dare!

The article could probably be more clear.

His statement about being "sixty-fucking-five" was his original retirement statement. He is now saying he is un-retired and will make these movies until he's dead.

He should make a standalone Ra's Al Ghul movie called, "Ra's Christmas Road Trip"

The article could probably be more clear.

His statement about being "sixty-fucking-five" was his original retirement statement. He is now saying he is un-retired and will make these movies until he's dead.

Ah.. That contradicting sonofabitch.

Ah.. That contradicting sonofabitch.

I really want to know what's the primary appeal for him: the money or does he just enjoy making these kinds of movies?

I could see how making action thrillers might be more fun than making some stuffy old drama where he just sits around reciting lines all day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to know what's the primary appeal for him: the money or does he just enjoy making these kinds of movies?

I could see how making action thrillers might be more fun than making some stuffy old drama where he just sits around reciting lines all day.

Man, who knows. Between agents and yes-men and studio relationships and the money itself, these people must all exist in these bubbles which just feed their egos. I always said that Statham could have been an A list actor if he'd said fuck it - branched out, done a family comedy, maybe a romance film, then spin it al together and pick up some real acting roles. Look at Matt Damon. Dude has done everything from kids shit to action and he is known as a man who can basically fill any role.

You! You know what you're using right there?

597ykR.gif

He needs to stop doing action and focus on improvisational comedy.
I don't have any mo-nay, but what I do have. Is a body. Riddled with AIDS.

Back