New Martial Arts Movie with Buakaw on netflix

Headshot is mediocre and generic, but THE RAID series are some of my favorite films of all time.

Everyday people send Evans messages asking for The Raid 3, I've done it myself, but he just won't budge. We need THE RAID 3, please!!

Yeah Headshot isn't as good as the Raid 2, but it's still quite good.

They've started casting for The Raid 3. It will not follow The Raid 2 story though, it will be a side story.

But the new movie with Tony Jaa, Iko Juwais, Tiger Chen, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michael Bisping, etc. is called Triple Threat:

Yeah Headshot isn't as good as the Raid 2, but it's still quite good.

They've started casting for The Raid 3. It will not follow The Raid 2 story though, it will be a side story.

But the new movie with Tony Jaa, Iko Juwais, Tiger Chen, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White, Michael Bisping, etc. is called Triple Threat:

I know about this, but don't think this has jack to do with The Raid. There's an American remake of Raid 1, no Raid 3 in the works. This is from the director himself. He's working on post-production for Apostle, after which he's working on his mini-series.

Triple Threat here will probably be like Beyond Skyline, a one-and-done watch. I've watched The Raid films a dozen times, and still go through them when I'm bored.

The "All star cast" movies are always exaggerated, make little sense with characters that don't fit in, huge explosions and just generally brain dead. The opposite of what The Raid represents, which is maximizing the most out of a minimal budget, realistic action stunts, realistic course of action (storyline) and genuine drama.

It makes you feel like there are actual consequences, and keeps you on the edge of your seat, taking the film seriously. Can't take these Triple Threat or Expendables type BS seriously at all. Add to that its a western production, so i know its going to be exactly that.

I know about this, but don't think this has jack to do with The Raid. There's an American remake of Raid 1, no Raid 3 in the works. This is from the director himself. He's working on post-production for Apostle, after which he's working on his mini-series.

Triple Threat here will probably be like Beyond Skyline, a one-and-done watch. I've watched The Raid films a dozen times, and still go through them when I'm bored.

The "All star cast" movies are always exaggerated, make little sense with characters that don't fit in, huge explosions and just generally brain dead. The opposite of what The Raid represents, which is maximizing the most out of a minimal budget, realistic action stunts, realistic course of action (storyline) and genuine drama.

It makes you feel like there are actual consequences, and keeps you on the edge of your seat, taking the film seriously. Can't take these Triple Threat or Expendables type BS seriously at all. Add to that its a western production, so i know its going to be exactly that.

I can't say I disagree. I will still watch Triple Threat just because, but as you say it's probably the kind of movie you watch once and that's it. The Raid 2 was really something special IMO.

by the way @Jimmy Jazz I can't find the film starring Buakaw on Netflix, you sure it's on there?

*edit* just found out it's on American Netflix but not UK Netflix :(

I can't say I disagree. I will still watch Triple Threat just because, but as you say it's probably the kind of movie you watch once and that's it. The Raid 2 was really something special IMO.

Did you watch Beyond Skyline though? It came out on VOD last month. Horrible timing to put it out on Star Wars opening week. They should have saved it for late-Jan or February this year or something.

by the way @Jimmy Jazz I can't find the film starring Buakaw on Netflix, you sure it's on there?

*edit* just found out it's on American Netflix but not UK Netflix :(
sorry bruddah :( I'm sure there are other places you can find it online.

The Raid 2 is one of my favorites movies of all time. I enjoyed the first but 2 is a near perfect movie to me. One of the best action movies ever. I feel like it's severely underappreciated.

I've been meaning to watch headshot and didn't know about beyond skyline... so thanks for making me aware!

The Raid 2 is one of my favorites movies of all time. I enjoyed the first but 2 is a near perfect movie to me. One of the best action movies ever. I feel like it's severely underappreciated.

The exact same here. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling the same way about it :)

I've been meaning to watch headshot and didn't know about beyond skyline... so thanks for making me aware!

If you're a big fan of The Raid 2 like I am then you will really like Headshot ;) even if it can't compare to The Raid 2 it's still very good.

For me in order of preference it goes like this: The Raid 2 > Headshot > The Raid

I still need to watch Beyond Skyline but it looks like a different gender and much more Americanized.

Last edited:
The exact same here. Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling the same way about it :)

If you're a big fan of The Raid 2 like I am then you will really like Headshot ;) even if it can't compare to The Raid 2 it's still very good.

For me in order of preference it goes like this: The Raid 2 > Headshot > The Raid

I still need to watch Beyond Skyline but it looks like a different gender and much more Americanized.

The Raid is miles above Headshot, breh. What the Raid achieved on its budget and limited resources is unparalleled. Just non-stop action and a genuine survival thriller. I damn near studied the entire film down to the numbers on the apartment doors. The numbers add up: you can tell which floor they're on and no funny shit. The consistency in detail was A+.

I like both films equally for different reasons. Both were godly.

But I do have 2 small hang ups about The Raid 2:

- When Bejo brings Uco the culprits who betrayed him at his restaurant, and Uco proceeds to slice their necks one by one. Why weren't they screaming? They should have had tapes on their mouth. That was a huge hole that still bugs me. That scene is supposed to parallel the scene in Raid 1 where Tama kills his hostages with a hammer but he had their mouths taped!

- At the final scene when Uco sees the tattoo on Bejo's wrist, leading him to believe he was part of the same gang as the prisoner he befriended and betrayed by (Benny). I felt that was totally unnecessary and a huge reach. Should have left it out, and let him believe he was betrayed when he saw the "bug" in his wallet. Uco thought Bejo's the one who bugged him, so why go extra and put that tattoo bit in their to?!

Just watched it last night. Pretty good.

It's like some epic learning quest as he moves from camp to camp and they don't depict a strong timeline which I did not like. Was he only at each camp for a couple of weeks and learned their entire style? Wife could not get past the blackened teeth. Had to explain it several times that it's a by product of betal nut

Same here

As far as choreographed fight scenes are concerned, I still think to today my favorite is Fist of Legend with Jet Li. I especially love the scene where Jet Li switches up his style and goes full on Western Boxing. Dude is a beast.

While The Raid is dope as fuck for full on action movie martial arts, I tend to favor movies of that genre taking place in older times.

Finally watched it and actually enjoyed it. Buakaw is decent as an actor compared to most fighters who had a go at acting. The scenes are pretty good considering they probably didn't have much budget.

While The Raid is dope as fuck for full on action movie martial arts, I tend to favor movies of that genre taking place in older times.

You should watch this one with Buakaw then.

You should watch this one with Buakaw then.
Oh I will. There was also that other period movie years ago that had Buakaw, Saenchai, Yod, and a few others I cant remember. Wasn't great but entertaining enough. Buakaw definitely has that movie star charisma.

i watched it the other day and it was...ok.

i think the fighting choreography was better in yamada: the samurai of ayothaya

Back