Another McGregor Teammate Chris Van Heerden Turns Snitch, Says He Doesn’t Hit That Hard

Boxing power doesn't count.. 16 oz gloves. Lol. Pillow fights.

Van Heerden would get embarrassed by McGregor in the Octagon and I hate to sound like a Nuthugger, by why people continue to say he doesn't hit hard despite being in 16oz gloves and wearing head gear is a mystery to me. 4oz gloves are as close as it gets to the knuckles and bones and is a more accurate way to measure how hard he hits, and from the looks of it

When he connects clean, they fall, I'd love to see Van Heerden take the shots Nate, and Eddie took and still stand.

For one, Van Heerden would get starched with 4oz gloves. That high shield guard won’t work with small gloves (or no gloves). Also, they obviously weren’t going anywhere near ‘hard sparring’ territory, just moving around lightly.

Conor McGregor in eight ounce gloves = Paulie Malignaggi knockoff

Conor McGregor in four ounce gloves = touch of death extraordinaire

<{fry}>

He wouldn’t get very far in a golden gloves tournament. I’d bet serious money on that. Middleweight and below the amateurs are a shark tank and he’d get eaten alive.

Google golden gloves Zab Judah. Conor would get wiped out by him and that's just one example.

It legitimately blows my mind people still don't comprehend the difference between MMA striking and boxing. Also the difference between MMA wrestling and wrestling.

In MMA, DC was outwrestled by Jones. This wasn't because Jones is a better wrestler- he's demonstrably worse, Cormier has all the credentials. If they had a direct match on a wrestling mat, I would bet on DC to win 90% of the time. But when elbows and knees are involved, the grappling involved in MMA is completely different, and Jones has clearly got a level above DC on that.

It's exactly the same for striking. Boxing has large padded gloves for defence, no need to defend kicks/elbows/knees/takedowns. You can use the gloves to deflect punches, meaning you can keep yourself quite compact and ready to strike, whilst also having defence ready. In MMA it's a totally different game, you can't defend yourself by keeping your hands up by your head or you're open to everything else. By definition MMA HAS to be more open and wild.

Boxers also dedicate everything to the miniscule details that make them perfect at their discipline, to the detriment of all the other disciplines. What you're suggesting is akin to saying that Usain Bolt, because he's such a phenomenal sprinter, could just train heptathlons for a few years and beat the whole field. Just because he excels so much at one discipline, does not by any stretch mean he can master all the others.

Put Floyd in a striking only match, with MMA gloves in the Octagon. Conor would make him look silly, because they're in his world now. Even without kicks or takedowns he could annihilate Floyd with clinch elbows and strikes that he just isn't used to in boxing. He couldn't pull shit like turning his back and playing the boxing game, because it wouldn't work in MMA.

And finally, if you think MMA athletes are so godawful, why in THE NAME OF FUCK DO YOU POST ON AN MMA BOARD? LOL

Your paranoia and insecurity has made your respond in a way that is completely irrelevant to my post. It's like you read my post, misunderstood it in every way and wasted your time and effort preparing your above response. Sorry for you.

Your paranoia and insecurity has made your respond in a way that is completely irrelevant to my post. It's like you read my post, misunderstood it in every way and wasted your time and effort preparing your above response. Sorry for you.

It works well on MMA bums

His MMA bum opponents

Conor's fights with MMA bums

versus the bums he's faced in MMA.

Yup, I definitely misunderstood your interpretation of MMA striking. Oh wait, pretty sure I actually didn't.

Try harder to spin it next time honey.

floyd's strat was to play it safe early, wait for Conor to expend his energy, attack the body and sap his cardio then turn It up In the later rounds when Conor was no longer any sort of threat. Seems pretty clear.

Floyd Isn't the type of fighter to allow himself to take punches. Conor did present some threat, especially In those first few rounds..which Is where floyd stayed In his shell and sniped the body. At some point, Conor's Cardio went which allowed Floyd to walk forward with no fear.

Not giving him any credit for taking on one of the best boxers of all time / greatest defensive boxer of all time Is a little ridiculous. Almost all the pro boxers In attendance, all the analysts and anyone giving an unbiased opinion gave him respect and showed him some love. Including Floyd.

Last edited:
floyd's strat was to play it safe early, wait for Conor to expend his energy, attack the body and sap his cardio then turn It up In the later rounds when Conor was no longer any sort of threat. Seems pretty clear.

Floyd Isn't the type of fighter to allow himself to take punches. Conor did present some threat, especially In those first few rounds..which Is where floyd stayed In his shell and sniped the body. At some point, Conor's Cardio went which allowed Floyd to walk forward with no fear.

Not giving him any credit for taking on one of the best boxers of all time / greatest defensive boxer of all time Is a little ridiculous. Almost all the pro boxers In attendance, all the analysts and anyone giving an unbiased opinion gave him respect and showed him some love. Including Floyd.

He didn't really give a terrible account of himself relative to what realistic expectations should have been (it was a terrible account relative to betting market expectations and the general outlook of people who don't know anything about boxing, but that's beside the point, I guess). That doesn't mean that he deserves adulation for making north of $50 million for what was a farcical fight.

Yup, I definitely misunderstood your interpretation of MMA striking. Oh wait, pretty sure I actually didn't.

Try harder to spin it next time honey.

There you go again misinterpreting because of your lack of knowledge of basic English.

My use of the term "MMA bums" does not mean all MMA fighters are bums. It means that I am directing my comments to those MMA fighters who are bums.

For example, if I said "I went to Spain and had my wallet stolen by Spanish thieves" does not mean that all Spanish people are thieves. It simply means that thieves, who happened to be Spanish, stole my wallet.

You are welcome for the education in not just fight school, but also English.

There you go again misinterpreting because of your lack of knowledge of basic English.

My use of the term "MMA bums" does not mean all MMA fighters are bums. It means that I am directing my comments to those MMA fighters who are bums.

For example, if I said "I went to Spain and had my wallet stolen by Spanish thieves" does not mean that all Spanish people are thieves. It simply means that thieves, who happened to be Spanish, stole my wallet.

You are welcome for the education in not just fight school, but also English.

Lol you're so full of shit. You specifically called Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, Alvarez, Poirier and Diaz bums. If those guys are all 'MMA bums', then who on earth isn't?

You're welcome for the education in how to correctly read between the lines. A step up from your understanding of basic English.

Lol you're so full of shit. You specifically called Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, Alvarez, Poirier and Diaz bums. If those guys are all 'MMA bums', then who on earth isn't?

You're welcome for the education in how to correctly read between the lines. A step up from your understanding of basic English.

Of course those guys were MMA bums in their fights with McGregor. They exhibited no intelligence whatsoever, even though there was plenty of video of McGregor for them to watch and understand the way he fights.

In every one of those fights, except for Holloway, the rest all bum rushed McGregor. Bum rushing bums.

btw just watched the Ngannou vs Stipe fight and I'll tell you Stipe is a fighter I admire. He is everything that McGregor isn't. He has cardio while McGregor doesn't, and he's defended his belt 3 times while McGregor hasn't defended either of his 2 belts even a single time.

McGregor is Dana's little baby gorilla. Not a gorilla because he's powerful like a gorilla, but because he's a protected species.

Everyone that's not stupid knows that McGregor is a totally overrated loser promoted and propped up by the UFC hype machine. McGregor would get TKO/subbed by almost every fighter in the lightweight top 10.
^ this it's a truth most people on this form do not want to face

i figure you haven't been punched before. with "pillows" or otherwise. i have been hit way harder with gloves on than bare knuckle or with mma gloves.

no

i speak facts

have you seen the footage of conor trying to box

it's hilarious

reason why he stuck with an mma team while fighting a boxer
You don't even realize how utterly insane you sound trying to discredit Conor. Everything is exagerrated to the point of insanity.

Conor may not be a champ level boxer, but he's boxed his whole life. He did pretty well against the best boxer of all time, when he should have gotten steam rolled.

He drops and KOs seasoned MMA guys who very rarely get dropped. In every single MMA fight he's ever had, bar the two losses earlier in his career.

I can see why people think his power is overrated, and that there's holes on his game, ect....but his boxing is so bad that it's hilarious?

You've got wires crossed in your brain or something. You come out with the most ridiculous observations.

You don't even realize how utterly insane you sound trying to discredit Conor. Everything is exagerrated to the point of insanity.

Conor may not be a champ level boxer, but he's boxed his whole life. He did pretty well against the best boxer of all time, when he should have gotten steam rolled.

He drops and KOs seasoned MMA guys who very rarely get dropped. In every single MMA fight he's ever had, bar the two losses earlier in his career.

I can see why people think his power is overrated, and that there's holes on his game, ect....but his boxing is so bad that it's hilarious?

You've got wires crossed in your brain or something. You come out with the most ridiculous observations.
boxed his whole life my ass
he didn't even box as an amateur
some bs clip they paid for promotional reasons getting some random guy in ireland pretending he boxed at their gym

some great boxer... right?

Back