Did Floyd Mayweather Jr. end Conor McGregor's Career?

As much as Conor ended Floyd's, anyway

Good try, but hopelessly wrong. If Floyd knocked Conor out in the first round, you'd say the same, "oh, but Floyd is the best of our generarion and Conor is a 0-0 boxer". That's just lame, lame, lame.
No, I don´t believe Floyd ended Conor's career.
But Mayweather was at the time a 40 years old retired boxer who tooled with the MMA monster of fights for seven rounds, until he decided to box and in three rounds gave your boi the spanking of his life. We will appreciate if you could provide ONE video, ONE gif or something showing that at any point of the fight Floyd was in real danger. None. Cero. Nada. Zilch. Conor connected a good left hand in the first round and another one in the second, and Floyd walked through them like a boss. Don´t fool yourself: Floyd has been all his career a pillow-fisted boxer and I can remember him conceding the first three or four rounds in almost every fight in the last decade.

In any case, boxing is so far ahead that a MMA champ has to go boxing not only to make decent cash but also to be recognized as a world-class fighter. Even in Conor's little mind, his global recognition would come by defeating a great boxer. Floyd never even considered the other way round.
This, of course, is not Conor's fault. Boxing has been a worldwide sport for a century, with national federations, amateur federations, is an olympic sport with world organization, etc etc, while MMA is an activity restricted to a bunch of promotions.

And if your mum had a dick she would be your dad. If i had a billion dollars I would be a billionare....if is not reality buddy.

Conor went 10 rounds and won at least 2 rounds..... it must be fantastic living in fantasy land, but in reality, things that happen are real.
You need to make peace with the fact that Conor's performance shocked many ppl.

Floyd tooled Canelo just a few years ago - like Conor, a trash talking top prospect with golden potential; unlike conor, a Professional Boxer. If anyone was going to bring down "old man Floyd" as you imagine him, it would have been Canelo. Floyd has had terrific performances in his fights 2014 onward as well.

You don't need to think of Floyd as some washout. He's earned his respect. As for Conor getting his butt whooped, I think almost everybody knew what would happen and the real questions were if Conor could make the final bell, and if he could look good for a while. Conor did no worse than was ever expected of him, and he's gained valuable experience against the best in the world to bring into his next fights.

I think Paulie vs Conor is one of several interesting, winnable bouts for Conor.
Canelo trash talked?

After being beaten from pillar to post by a 40 year old welterweight and earning a payday greater than all of his previous ones combined, is it safe to say that Conor McGregor's career in MMA is over, and Floyd Mayweather is responsible? I'd say so. It's truly incredible to see how much influence even an old Mayweather has in combat sports, and it just goes to show how far ahead boxing is compared to MMA. I'll be looking forward to McGregor vs Malignaggi sometime later this year.
No, Conor’s Greed and Bullshit did.

Conor's name was built on hype to all those manlets and the Irish crowd to buy into it. He avoided every fighter that was a bad matchup, lost to Nate decisively and was given title fights on a plate against guys that were perfect to lose for his style! DW is the hype machine and all the little guys fell for the hype!

And if your mum had a dick she would be your dad. If i had a billion dollars I would be a billionare....if is not reality buddy.

Conor went 10 rounds and won at least 2 rounds..... it must be fantastic living in fantasy land, but in reality, things that happen are real.
You need to make peace with the fact that Conor's performance shocked many ppl.

You need to make peace with the fact that you are pulling words out of your ass and you don´t have a fucking idea of that you're talking about, buddy.

He really only beat him up for 1.5 rounds. It wasn’t a sustained beating through out the fight. Conor was still standing and just looked exhausted to me not even that rocked.
If it’s true what people say that Floyd carried him and gave him success then really, Floyd elevated Conor’s career

earning a payday greater than all of his previous ones combined
That's a pretty weird way to say someone "ended his career". I mean Bill Gates could have "ended his career" even faster if he wanted to like that.

I sincerely hope not.

I want Conor back so he can get his beating from Khabib.

After being beaten from pillar to post by a 40 year old welterweight and earning a payday greater than all of his previous ones combined, is it safe to say that Conor McGregor's career in MMA is over, and Floyd Mayweather is responsible? I'd say so. It's truly incredible to see how much influence even an old Mayweather has in combat sports, and it just goes to show how far ahead boxing is compared to MMA. I'll be looking forward to McGregor vs Malignaggi sometime later this year.

Floyd walks around at 150ish. Consider this, he started out as a super featherweight lol.

You attack what you don't understand...typical human behavior.

Yeah, McGregor was on some other worldly shit when he fought Mayweather. He was bouncing as the lad who had 25 pounds on the other guy and he bounced around for a bit and saw him. And then he got slaughtered. That's the story, really.

Yeah, McGregor was on some other worldly shit when he fought Mayweather. He was bouncing as the lad who had 25 pounds on the other guy and he bounced around for a bit and saw him. And then he got slaughtered. That's the story, really.
Boxing is light years away from fighting.

Conor built his career on hype. He believed it ("The Secret") and that belief was infectious so the fans believed it. Diaz was the first to call Conors magical thinking into question and Floyd was the period at the end of the sentence. This is the reason why Conor is now a fight picker. He cant really afford to lose another fight or the die hard magical thinkers will finally realize it was all bullshit and Conor is just another fighter but with a gigantic mouth.

Conor brought out the very worst of human spectacle and cheapened the entirety of MMA. He is a needle mover but not in a good way.

Back