Mayweather VS McGregor Was The 3rd Most Searched Sporting Event On Google In 2017 Ahead Of NBA

wimbledon? lol. you gimps don't realize how big mayweather conor was.

Mayweather Conor was huge. I had people who don't even like or follow MMA asking me about Conor.

The hype was pretty crazy.
Once again Conor gets zero credit on here for that.

I remember before the fight was made 90% on here said it would never happen & that Conor didn't have the star power to lure Mayweather out of retirement.
They were wrong once again.

King Fed making history >>>>> Floyd Mayweather's Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Conor vs mayweather was the biggest mma related spectacle we will prob ever see

is nba playoffs sport event? EVENT?
Or UEFA champion league? It's a league, not event!
And by the way Wimbledon is district at London. People were propably just googling info or map.

And how does Conor use that spotlight? To show the world his stiffy. Dude is insane but definitely a legend.

Its hard to imagine there ever being such a perfect storm again. You could have two great fighters but never with the personalities, hype, drawing power and unique match up. And from a social/political standpoint, it also had it's excellent timing with the country near the verge of a race war and the event transcending just a simple sporting event.

Nah

Conor is only the star he is because of all the work that was done before him. It took a long time and many mma stars to get mma from being illegal brutality, through the freakshows of ufc 1 and the steroid circus of pride, chuck and tito, TUF, blah blah blah. Conor is just the next step. MMA itself rises in profile and creates a platform for these occurences. Conor certainly wasnt going viral by himself fighting in bum leagues in the uk.

A really obvious formula for a bigger spectacle post conor is if it occured in a weightclass where the fighers werent the size of children. Say if a WWE guy was able to have the success now that brock did, or even someone came over from a major sport and had success, fighting at lhw or preferably HW

Its hard to imagine there ever being such a perfect storm again. You could have two great fighters but never with the personalities, hype, drawing power and unique match up. And from a social/political standpoint, it also had it's excellent timing with the country near the verge of a race war and the event transcending just a simple sporting event.
On the verge of a race war my ass. Race relations are the best they have ever been whether you understand history or not.
The LA Riots in 1992 was the last type of major race riot we had.

On the verge of a race war my ass. Race relations are the best they have ever been whether you understand history or not.
The LA Riots in 1992 was the last type of major race riot we had.
Pretty sure you are forgetting Charlottesville, the Civil war dialogue that was happening in this country, and all of which happened directly before MayMac.
Conor was being heralded as the champion of the alt right/whites and Mayweather was being heralded as the champion of the left/minorities - just mosy thru the YT comment section for a refresher in how ugly this fight became, not to mentionthat Floyd was stoking the flames of racial tension ("I'm going to beat this man for blacks") and the fight promoters even pushed the 'black white' motif even more and in the poster.

Sure, LA may have been worse, but to claim race relations are the best they have ever been is just a flat out wrong. Additionally it was not like Cooney vs Holmes took place at that time, with Cooney being accused of being a racist and Holmes saying that he was going to beat the white racist for all the blacks.

Pretty sure you are forgetting Charlottesville, the Civil war dialogue that was happening in this country, and all of which happened directly before MayMac.
Conor was being heralded as the champion of the alt right/whites and Mayweather was being heralded as the champion of the left/minorities - just mosy thru the YT comment section for a refresher in how ugly this fight became, not to mentionthat Floyd was stoking the flames of racial tension ("I'm going to beat this man for blacks") and the fight promoters even pushed the 'black white' motif even more and in the poster.

Sure, LA may have been worse, but to claim race relations are the best they have ever been is just a flat out wrong. Additionally it was not like Cooney vs Holmes took place at that time, with Cooney being accused of being a racist and Holmes saying that he was going to beat the white racist for all the blacks.
Every decade before this one was worse for race relations. More races get along now than ever in American history. Don't know how anyone could argue different.

Every decade before this one was worse for race relations. More races get along now than ever in American history. Don't know how anyone could argue different.
I totally disagree. The 80's, 90's, 2000's were much better than things are now, or atleast this past summer/post Trump. And to your point, it may be more political, but radical groups like 'Black Lives Matter', 'Antifa' and 'The Alt Reich' have poured gasoline on decades worth of unresolved issues and things like Ferguson Unrest, Trayvon and the media shit stirring then resulted in an explosion when Trump became POTUS. Sure, the LA Riots were bad but we never had anything that was nation wide, where people are being kidnapped, scalped, murdered, beat down simply because the color of their skin and political affiliation - and we also have YouTube and alternative media now, so we have seen how dishonest the media is and have first hand witnessed what is going on out there, not having to take the MSM's words anymore.

I totally disagree. The 80's, 90's, 2000's were much better than things are now, or atleast this past summer/post Trump. And to your point, it may be more political, but radical groups like 'Black Lives Matter', 'Antifa' and 'The Alt Reich' have poured gasoline on decades worth of unresolved issues and things like Ferguson Unrest, Trayvon and the media shit stirring then resulted in an explosion when Trump became POTUS. Sure, the LA Riots were bad but we never had anything that was nation wide, where people are being kidnapped, scalped, murdered, beat down simply because the color of their skin and political affiliation - and we also have YouTube and alternative media now, so we have seen how dishonest the media is and have first hand witnessed what is going on out there, not having to take the MSM's words anymore.
Black Lives Matter and the Ferguson things are child's play to the Black Panthers and the Watts Riots, LA Riots, Miami Riots and so on.

Police left areas of LA alone due to danger. Whites and Koreans we're being beaten and killed by Blacks and Mexicans throughout parts of LA.
Ferguson was like a 4 block area of ppl screaming. Around 60 ppl were killed throughout LA. Ferguson I don't think had anyone die.

Your living in the safest times ever to be an American. And race relations are the best they have ever been

Back