Marijuana as a PED/strain question.

MaxMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else use marijuana as a PED? I don't use it all the time, but I do use it sometimes as a recovery aid. Sometimes, especially towards the end of the week when fatigue really starts to set in I use it to relax and loosen my muscles up. Alternatively I have used it a few times before training. At first glance you would think it would kill your drive but in my experience it does the opposite. Loosens your body up, puts you more in tune with your body and makes your movement a lot more fluid.

Also I have used marijuana as a post weigh in recovery aid, to help me rehydrate and eat, anyone that has cut serious weight before can tell you how hard it is to get that stomach expanded again, and putting weight back on can be hard and take real effort. A small dose of herb can make this chore enjoyable lol. Obviously this was before they started doing random drug tests in my state.

What are your experiences with it?

My strain question is this. Are there any strains that don't give you the munchies? Or not as intense. Sometimes if I'm using it in my final weeks of training camp it can be difficult to deal with a calorie deficit and obviously having the munchies makes it even harder. Usually when it gets to this point I'm close to cutting off use anyway as to make sure I'm clean if I get selected for testing, but I can be clean in as little as 3-4 days, so if I had the option I would probably use all the way up until a week, week and half out.

I used to smoke just to sleep, but haven't for maybe a month now. I still use a CBD rub on my left shoulder from an old injury that can sometimes be irksome. Helps a lot.

Does anyone else use marijuana as a PED? I don't use it all the time, but I do use it sometimes as a recovery aid. Sometimes, especially towards the end of the week when fatigue really starts to set in I use it to relax and loosen my muscles up. Alternatively I have used it a few times before training. At first glance you would think it would kill your drive but in my experience it does the opposite. Loosens your body up, puts you more in tune with your body and makes your movement a lot more fluid.

Also I have used marijuana as a post weigh in recovery aid, to help me rehydrate and eat, anyone that has cut serious weight before can tell you how hard it is to get that stomach expanded again, and putting weight back on can be hard and take real effort. A small dose of herb can make this chore enjoyable lol. Obviously this was before they started doing random drug tests in my state.

What are your experiences with it?

My strain question is this. Are there any strains that don't give you the munchies? Or not as intense. Sometimes if I'm using it in my final weeks of training camp it can be difficult to deal with a calorie deficit and obviously having the munchies makes it even harder. Usually when it gets to this point I'm close to cutting off use anyway as to make sure I'm clean if I get selected for testing, but I can be clean in as little as 3-4 days, so if I had the option I would probably use all the way up until a week, week and half out.

It depends if we are talking Sativa or Indica.
After the training, it has a relaxing effect, just like sleeping or procrastinating.

I don't know how people can train while being high, though, like Jones said he did. Even if it's Sativa.

I´m training every time High, i can concentrate more and it gives me a relaxed feeling while sparring, my muscle are relaxed and not flexed and i can explode better.
Somebody knows if i can buy some weed in Thailand? I can´t sleep good if it is hot, and the weed let me sleep through the night. Would be sad if i must train 1 month without weed in Thailand, and i think taking it with me is not an good idea.

I would die to train high can't imagine it maybe except BJJ I heard Joe does it high. I don't feel that weed is PED and gives you edge in sports not at least physical.

I would die to train high can't imagine it maybe except BJJ I heard Joe does it high. I don't feel that weed is PED and gives you edge in sports not at least physical.

Depending strain potency and mode of ingestion it can be a vasodilator as well as pain modulator.

Depending strain potency and mode of ingestion it can be a vasodilator as well as pain modulator.

I rub Sativa extract on the base of my knob, it gives me a higher erection.

Use a butane extraction method and dissolve the extract in DMSO.

Are there any strains that don't give you the munchies?
Can't really answer your questions on Marijuana as a PED, but as an avid marijuana consumer residing in the Bay Area, Sativa/ Sativa dominant strains with lower THC % and higher CBD % won't give you the "munchies" feeling compared to an Indica/Indica dominant strains. I wouldn't know what strains you have available in your area but try looking for strains like Sour Diesel, Jack Herrer and Blue Dream (most commonly found Sativa/Sativa dominant strains I can think of). If your in California look for Durban Poison, its a pure Sativa strain.

I definitely feel like running is easier high. Bjj is enjoyable too.

I dont really like to strike while high except if I’m doing some shadow boxing/bag work by myself. Reflexes just aren’t the same.

I definitely feel like running is easier high. Bjj is enjoyable too.

I dont really like to strike while high except if I’m doing some shadow boxing/bag work by myself. Reflexes just aren’t the same.

This is my experience as well. There's a decent amount of the grappling community, Americans, Brazilians, and more that like to toke and train.

Similarly I would say that I can flow better through distance running or rolling but that it definitely feels detrimental for kick boxing days. My striking defense and accuracy take a hit, even though I can roll for 10 rounds and manage my heart rate better. Fluid balance and ability to keep taking slow deep breaths and manage heart rate feel mildly improved.

There's a good chance if you think grappling is fun and cannabis is fun, you may enjoy the two together. If you don't enjoy either one you're probably not going to have a good time mixing them.

1. As a pain killer - very effective smoking for immediate pain relief
2. As a focus enhancer - edibles and smoking are good, but the longer lasting effects of edibles are better, for people that struggle with the mind/muscle connection, cannabis can be very powerful at helping to correct this problem
3. As an anti-inflammatory - smoking, edibles, topical, all work for different types of ailments at different speeds over different periods at different rates
4. As a sexual-enhancer - Many men over the age of 25 report that while under the influence of cannabis they get fuller, longer lasting, more sensational erections/sexual encounters

There are a few strains on the sativa side that are good for this but they are few & far between. Typically you'll want hybrid strains from the Blueberry Indica line as they are reported to have anti-inflammatory properties, such as Blue Dream, Blue Haze, etc.

Most people don't understand the difference between pain relief and inflammation relief. Almost all weed is going to be good for "pain" as THC is very effective at dulling the senses to pain. Most "pain" that people feel is actually caused by inflammation. Not all strains are good for inflammation. In my experience, strains that have a piney smell such as Tahoe OG, Tahoe Kush, Tahoe OG Kush, Redwood Kush, Redberry, Redhead 18, and Arnold Palmer are all very good for anti-inflammation. YMMV. Specifically, the terpenes Pinene and Myrcene are known to have strong anti-inflammatory properties/responses from the human body. Unfortunately, in most states testing of terps is not yet mandatory.

As always, I am not a medical professional. Seek guidance from medical professionals before making any decisions about supplementation or medication. Regardless of what any deadbeat burnout will tell you, Cannabis is a strong medicine. This, "it's just weed" shit is out the door. When you're smoking weed at 24-30% THC-A, THC, THC-B content, you're not fucking with that "it's just weed" shit. You're taking medicine. Treat that as you would any powerful medication.

coming from someone who burns green on a daily basis.

being stoned out of my mind and training is a terrible idea.. learned this one the hard way haha

taking a few puffs before venturing over to the dojo does wonders.. think about combinations/moves/techniques in a different light (something I do almost every training session.. especially when Im feeling a little sluggish/out of it)

if you are worried about testing positive..GNC has a number of drinks that will have the piss turn clean (multiple buddies have used this while applying for jobs.. successfully)

pay attention to the %THC.. will ultimately be the factor in how high you get

each person will have a preference on indica vs sativa.. personally I love sativa, can actually get shit done while on it compared to indica when I sink into the couch

as others have mentioned, there a ton of difference methods to ingest the ganga (smoking, edibles, vaping, oil, wax).. what works for one isn't necessarily going to work for another (unfortunately have to experiment a bit)

I love hitting the gym, and training, after smoking a CBD / Sativa salad. Nothing crazy, usually a CBD strain with low THC and ~10% CBD, the Sativa being 10-15% THC. Mix it up, smoke a little joint or hit the vape a couple times and get to work.

I find it improves my focus and allows me control muscle groups, breathing and blood flow easier then when I'm sober.

I definitely feel like running is easier high.

"feel" is the key word. When I was in university we would drink downtown and to work off the drunkeness -- and generally feel better the next day -- I would sometimes run back to my place which was almost 10k. At times I thought I was clipping off sub-32min 10k pace. In reality it was like 48 min 10k pace.

"feel" is the key word. When I was in university we would drink downtown and to work off the drunkeness -- and generally feel better the next day -- I would sometimes run back to my place which was almost 10k. At times I thought I was clipping off sub-32min 10k pace. In reality it was like 48 min 10k pace.
lol. Alcohol is a little different imo. Mine is a little more objective i guess, because it was on a treadmill

lol. Alcohol is a little different imo. Mine is a little more objective i guess, because it was on a treadmill
I dunno alot of times I find I fight better drunk. On my kicks I can get full torque on the kick. And I don't feel the hits when I get hit. I might go my next fights all hammered up

I dunno alot of times I find I fight better drunk. On my kicks I can get full torque on the kick. And I don't feel the hits when I get hit. I might go my next fights all hammered up
I’d think you would be more relaxed but defense would be shittier and gas faster

Burmese 100% sativa landrace. You will do your lawn and your girls lawn

I enjoy smoking before cardio workouts .. puts my mind at rest, relaxes my body.. I can run for days while I'm high

all mental shit at end of day

Back