Mikey Garcia says he wants Errol Spence

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://supremeboxinginc.com/2018/01/21/mikey-garcia-says-wants-errol-spence-jr-end-2018/

“How about this — I take on Lipinets right now, alright?” Garcia said in response to his plans this year. “Then I take Linares and then at the end of the year we take Spence. How about that?”

“I believe in myself so much because I know what I’m capable of doing,” Garcia said in response to competing with Spence. “My brother [Robert] believes in me because he sees me everyday; my dad sees, my team members see me. The average people have only probably seen me ten times because they haven’t followed me enough in my career, and the only times that they see me is the times that I fight. And even in those fights, I don’t show everything that I can do. But, we know that I’m a lot more than what people have seen and that’s why I believe I can do very well against him [Spence] and I can beat him.”

This is just getting stupid. He wants Loma but not yet. He was gonna fight Cotto but changed his mind. Now he wants Spence? A couple more of these bullshit call outs with no intention of following through and he's going to reach BJS level.

eh, I'm getting a little tired of this trend of calling out all the big names and then fighting gimme opponents. I'll get excited when I hear a fight like that is signed.

Attitude is one thing, calling out people who would spank you round the ring and that you have no intention of fighting isn’t a good attitude.

will just have to see if hes serious or not. I think mikey is serious only because i believe he wants those money fights right now

garcia always calls out unrealistic opponents
lets see if he can get past linares first, or if he can even get that fight

You dont want that. Not at all.

o_O he'd be in for a beating.

He has an Amir Khan tendency.
For all of the names he calls out, he ends up fighting Lipinets (who is a good fighter, but obviously not elite).
Let's just see him in a three-fight plan for 2018: Lipinets-Linares-Lomachenko....Triple L.

Don't do it Mikey. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

just mikey & camp hyping himself
not worthy of making a thread, its nothin new

Don't really care to see that. Spence is too big and too good (and has good fights to be made at WW).

How come he never called out Crawford? Even when he moved up to 140 to fight Broner before Crawford announced he was moving up?

http://supremeboxinginc.com/2018/01/21/mikey-garcia-says-wants-errol-spence-jr-end-2018/

“How about this — I take on Lipinets right now, alright?” Garcia said in response to his plans this year. “Then I take Linares and then at the end of the year we take Spence. How about that?”

“I believe in myself so much because I know what I’m capable of doing,” Garcia said in response to competing with Spence. “My brother [Robert] believes in me because he sees me everyday; my dad sees, my team members see me. The average people have only probably seen me ten times because they haven’t followed me enough in my career, and the only times that they see me is the times that I fight. And even in those fights, I don’t show everything that I can do. But, we know that I’m a lot more than what people have seen and that’s why I believe I can do very well against him [Spence] and I can beat him.”

This is just getting stupid. He wants Loma but not yet. He was gonna fight Cotto but changed his mind. Now he wants Spence? A couple more of these bullshit call outs with no intention of following through and he's going to reach BJS level.

I can see this fight getting made. Definitely one of the most interesting matchups on the horizon.

giphy.gif

Back