Best jab in mma

Obvious answer is obvious
BoldYellowGrassspider-size_restricted.gif

ronda-rousey-terrible-boxing-2.gif

I always liked the way Chael threw a jab but it was always so fake looking in its intentions.

That was a beautiful jab. There was one point he landed like 5 of them in a row in a very short period of time.

I especially loved the double jabs, that was some super quick stuff and both jabs had decent power, 2nd one wasn't just powerless arm punch.

Rory, Conor.
There are many reasons for a jab, not just doing damage.
They throw off the opponent's timing, they confuse, they measure, they set up other techniques...

The jab is a beautiful punch used to set up every power shot in the game, but who has the best jab? The first person to really show how powerful it can be is GSP with his fight against Koscheck, but that was a long time ago. Has someone else showed the power of the jab since then? My initial vote is Frankie Edgar (still a bit of an old school fighter). Anyone from more recent memory?
Ask Koscheck.

The jab is a beautiful punch used to set up every power shot in the game, but who has the best jab? The first person to really show how powerful it can be is GSP with his fight against Koscheck, but that was a long time ago. Has someone else showed the power of the jab since then? My initial vote is Frankie Edgar (still a bit of an old school fighter). Anyone from more recent memory?

GSP

Anderson had a nasty jab in his day. Penn as well. Nowadays, it is perhaps Whittaker and Holloway.

Tim Sylvia used the jab increadibly well.

He was a tall guy and his distance control was pretty damn good with just the jab when he was in his prime. And if someone changed levels to get around it, he had a top notch sprawl.

Tim Sylvia pretty much dominated the HW division with a jab and a sprawl, granted it was in the UFC at a time when the best HWs were overseas.

There is St Pierre. Than there is everybody else.

Obvious answer is GSP.

He defeated a dude by jabbing his eye for fucking 25 minutes, damaging it so bad that he could not fly back home.

joe rogan said joanna so joanna

GSP for sure, he abused that shit. Moose has a nice one, Darren Till looks like he knows how to do it.

Aldo prolly second best jab after GSP

His first fight with Edgar he basically won with just the jab
Rory Mac, Mousasi, Masvidal all great jabs

Rory. Even though he’s very stiff in his movement, his jab did enough to keep some guys at bay.

Gsp
Anderson
Nick
Nate
T. Ferg
Holly
Gus

Back