Chael Sonnen's resume

Wrestlers always do better at old age than strikers. It has been like that forever. Without the random tests, it is also much easier for the older guys to stay competitive.

But you are wrong about Chael being a mid level fighter. He has always been world class, and a top ranked fighter for years, but I don't see him beating Mir or Fedor.

Sorry, meant to say Chael was mid level in regards to the elite. He was always top 10 in the world, but there was always a line between him and the top of the heap like Silva, Jones, etc.

If he had worked on his shit sub defense harder earlier in his career he’d have a win over Anderson also.

And many others.
Would haves and should haves do not matter.

How does it make you feel when you realize that Chael Sonnen is going to end his career with wins over Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, and in a few more fights might be adding Fedor and Frank Mir to that list.

Why is a mid level fighter who is the same age as those guys getting wins over them. When in their prime, many believe would have destroyed him. Crazy aint it?

Damn, look at those names at LHW. Chael would have been undefeated but kept killing himself to make 185.

How is this news? Chael Sonnen made God tap and that was what created the big bang.

Chael Sonnen has since been undefeated through time and space.

The Bad Guy does not need our petty acknowledgement. That's all I have to say. My bus is hungry, gonna go feed it a carrot. Peace

Sonnen isn’t a scrub. Beat he also isn’t a world beater either. He gets a lot of flack for talking trash and selling fights and ends up getting finished badly in all of them.

However, Sonnen is a veteran and beating the likes of Rampage, Wanderlei and Shogun are impressive only because he is from an old era of fight in like these guys.

Let’s not forget that he also has good wins over Filho (when he was undefeated), Bisping, Okami, And Marquardt. He went to a draw with Akihiro Gono (Chael should’ve won imo) who beat the likes of prime Hector Lombard and Gegard Mousasi
Didn't Filho go absolutely bat-shit crazy during that fight tho?like he forgot to take his meds or something

Didn't Filho go absolutely bat-shit crazy during that fight tho?like he forgot to take his meds or something

Yeah it was weird as fuck. He kept looking off to the side like he saw a ghost.

You wont appreciate Chael P Sonnen if you can't appreciate Paulo Filho

Yeah it was weird as fuck. He kept looking off to the side like he saw a ghost.
Rite& it looked like he was talking to himself,or to a ghost or something.he was definitely either off his meds or seriously on them

It's kind of sad, but I'm sort of rooting for Chael to pull an upset, and somehow win the heavyweight tournament.

Rampage and Silva are shells of their former selves... Plus I don't know how clean Bellator's testing is

How does it make you feel when you realize that Chael Sonnen is going to end his career with wins over Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, and in a few more fights might be adding Fedor and Frank Mir to that list.

Why is a mid level fighter who is the same age as those guys getting wins over them. When in their prime, many believe would have destroyed him. Crazy aint it?
ColorfulUnimportantAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

There's absolutely no way Mir isn't making Sonnen tap.

Yeah but he didn't start as early as Wand, for example. Wand was doing bare-knuckle NHB fights when Chael was still a college wrestler.
Wand was fighting the van Arsdale's and Vitor's of the world when Chael was sitting in math class.

Even when Chael got into MMA he didn't start fighting decent competition until 2004ish. Wand was already through the ringer at that point as an 8 year vet.
It's not the same.

Chael started his pro mma career less than a year after Wanderlei did

Sorry, meant to say Chael was mid level in regards to the elite. He was always top 10 in the world, but there was always a line between him and the top of the heap like Silva, Jones, etc.

I always felt that Chael on a good day could beat anyone

Very hot and cold fighter

Back