Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

Yep Sangmanee was hurt from that elbow. Sangmanee's heart and aggression makes for great viewing but trading in the pocket like that against Yodlekpet is a dangerous strategy.

it was a hard elbow and I'm biased af but I wish the ref wouldn't be such an intervener. he decided the fight with that call.

the slow motion replay in Muay Thai Daily video makes it look like if Sangmanee had taken a breath and shrugged it off he could've got away with it. still good performance by him IMO.

If he was knocked off balance he would have gotten up instantly and started coming forward but he went down hard, took time to get up and started backing up instantly. To me it was the right call, he was badly rocked.

I've noticed Sangmanee struggles against opponents that are physically stronger than he is. I suppose there will be a rematch

Tewa Kiram from Buriram fighting Lucas Matthysse this Saturday. I was wondering if he had any muaythai experience before boxing and he confirmed it in this interview. Cant find any fights of him so maybe it wasn't at a high level.

Matthysse is a very dangerous opponent so hopefully Kiram does well. Always interesting to see nakmuays transition over to boxing well.

Big card on tonight - Prajanchai, Morakot, Pichitchai, Suriyanlek, Petsupan etc.

Sor. Sommai card tomorrow is good - Superlek, Pet-Utong, Kaonar, Petwason, Saoek, Saotho, Superbank, etc.

I am interested to see how Superbank looks. He looked terrible against Petwason, but that probably had alot to do with the weight cut. Nevertheless, I have the sneaking suspicion that he may be on the verge of being washed up. Similar to Kongsak a while ago.

I am interested to see how Superbank looks. He looked terrible against Petwason, but that probably had alot to do with the weight cut. Nevertheless, I have the sneaking suspicion that he may be on the verge of being washed up. Similar to Kongsak a while ago.

He hasn't been the same since his amateur boxing stint, he can never seem to mount a consistent offence.

Kaonar vs. Petwason was the perfect fight to make. A pivotal matchup for Petwason. I believe he wins and then faces one of the top names from his weight range afterwards.

When's Pet fighting next? Has he stopped fighting in the stadiums completely?

Looked good at 131lbs. Although Mongkolkaew isn't exactly great.

Sam A had a muay thai fight for One FC with mma gloves in the cage

Yeah Sam A looked good but not sure who his opponent is. I always like the idea of MT in cage with mma gloves.

Back