Adrien Broner-Omar Figueroa April 21st on Showtime

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Adrien Broner, a former titleholder in four divisions, looks to be closing in on his next fight, sources tell RingTV. Broner (33-3, 24 KOs) is being mentioned for a spring fight where he would take on Omar Figueroa (27-0-1, 19 KOs) in a Showtime main event, eyed for either April or May.

824368596.jpg.0.jpg

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/12/19/16794958/adrien-broner-omar-figueroa-targeted-for-spring

I thought Broner was in trouble for knocking the fuck out of that poor sap in Vegas on the strip recently? One punch ko. I thought he was looking at suspension from the commission? What gives?

It could be an entertaining fight, at least.

NEW YORK - SHOWTIME Sports and Premier Boxing Champions unveiled the SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING television lineup for the first half of 2018 in an unprecedented, first-of-its-kind Boxing Upfront at Cipriani's in New York City on Wednesday.

broner-figueroa.jpg

Legendary ring announcer Jimmy Lennon Jr. introduced the matchups of 10 marquee events featuring 12 world champions, 14 undefeated fighters and 12 World Championship fights across the first six months of 2018. Among the fighters in attendance included Deontay Wilder, Danny Garcia, Jermall Charlo, Jermell Charlo, Mikey Garcia, Erislandy Lara, Adrien Broner, Keith Thurman, Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares and Errol Spence Jr.

In before the “I still have faith in Broner” crowd shows up.

I thought Broner was in trouble for knocking the fuck out of that poor sap in Vegas on the strip recently? One punch ko. I thought he was looking at suspension from the commission? What gives?

Being criminal scum doesn't interrupt big pay days because the people who own Broner would lose money if it did.

I would say 4 years ago Figueroa is tailor made for Broner to bust him up, similar to the way Broner busted up DeMarco. But Broner hasn't been that sharp or accurate in a while. There are glimpses of it here and there, but he's devolved into a pretty sloppy fighter who loses ugly fights. Figueroa will beat him by being busier.

An ESPN.com story posted Thursday stated that representatives for Davis and Dib are close to finalizing a deal for them to fight April 21 on the Adrien Broner-Omar Figueroa undercard at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Being criminal scum doesn't interrupt big pay days because the people who own Broner would lose money if it did.
Yep . Bronzer was on the verge of that Floyd Money if he had stayed undefeated and took his training seriously like Floyd . I can remember before the maidana fight a couple of my friends who barely know boxing were asking me about “ Floyd’s boy ...flashy dude .” He was getting plugged . He missed out on some BIG paydays . Talented but a scumbag with no discipline . His life won’t end well . Dark dark times ahead for him .

Yep . Bronzer was on the verge of that Floyd Money if he had stayed undefeated and took his training seriously like Floyd . I can remember before the maidana fight a couple of my friends who barely know boxing were asking me about “ Floyd’s boy ...flashy dude .” He was getting plugged . He missed out on some BIG paydays . Talented but a scumbag with no discipline . His life won’t end well . Dark dark times ahead for him .
Broner was never remotely close to Floyd on any level.

Broner was never remotely close to Floyd on any level.
Talent wise, "yes" you are right. BUZZ? Street buzz? He was getting more and more mainstream and people who didn't even know boxing(as I mentioned already) were paying attention. He was like the pro wrestling heel. Not saying he is Floyd. Youre misunderstanding me. Only one Floyd. Just saying that IF he had kept winning and doing his stupid rapping and dancing to the ring and talking shit after fights, he would have made ALOT more money and approached Floyd paydays. Not equal them probably. But he would be far richer.

I wouldn't be shocked if Broner stopped him

Talent wise, "yes" you are right. BUZZ? Street buzz? He was getting more and more mainstream and people who didn't even know boxing(as I mentioned already) were paying attention. He was like the pro wrestling heel. Not saying he is Floyd. Youre misunderstanding me. Only one Floyd. Just saying that IF he had kept winning and doing his stupid rapping and dancing to the ring and talking shit after fights, he would have made ALOT more money and approached Floyd paydays. Not equal them probably. But he would be far richer.
I get what youre saying. I just dont think he would have ever even sniffed it.

Broner’s attention mostly came from him mentioning Floyd.

Back