Firearms News thread

You put an apex on your shield?
I did not, but I did steepen the angle on the sear to cut back on over travel and give the trigger a cleaner break, and I polished the trigger system from the bar to the firing pin block. I basically made my own apex minus the physical trigger piece.

I did not, but I did steepen the angle on the sear to cut back on over travel and give the trigger a cleaner break, and I polished the trigger system from the bar to the firing pin block. I basically made my own apex minus the physical trigger piece.

You have the performance center?

You have the performance center?
Nope, the performance center is not on Cal DOJ's roster of handguns that are safe for us plebeians to own and I had no idea how to get around that when I bought it.

yea i dont get it either, the barrel less than 16" and over all length of over 26"? makes it a "firearm" instead of a rifle or a sbr?

My guess is that it fires on the release of the trigger instead of on the pull. I can't see any other way for it to get around the regulations. If I'm correct then I'll pass on that gun. That seems dumb and counter-intuitive to me. If they are saying it has something to do with new technology it has to be something inside the gun, and changing the action of the trigger seems like the only change that could it made.

My guess is that it fires on the release of the trigger instead of on the pull. I can't see any other way for it to get around the regulations. If I'm correct then I'll pass on that gun. That seems dumb and counter-intuitive to me. If they are saying it has something to do with new technology it has to be something inside the gun, and changing the action of the trigger seems like the only change that could it made.

you may be right on the money
if they are not that expensive i may get one down the road, just cause hah

CT is already prepping to ban binary triggers.

So people are going to buy a gun that operates completely different than every other gun in the world just so they can have a barrel that is 5" shorter? Why not just buy a AR pistol and put a brace on it, and have something you don't have to retrain yourself how to use. A brace like the one below his white board seems like it would function well enough as a stock to make someone not want to buy a Reformation. Maybe I'm not tacticool enough for this, but it seems dumb.

So people are going to buy a gun that operates completely different than every other gun in the world just so they can have a barrel that is 5" shorter? Why not just buy a AR pistol and put a brace on it, and have something you don't have to retrain yourself how to use. A brace like the one below his white board seems like it would function well enough as a stock to make someone not want to buy a Reformation. Maybe I'm not tacticool enough for this, but it seems dumb.
i live in ny, we arent allowed to have ar pistols due to that stupid ny safe act, but i believe having a "firearm" is allowed, i have a 590 shockwave due to it being a "firearm"

i live in ny, we arent allowed to have ar pistols due to that stupid ny safe act, but i believe having a "firearm" is allowed, i have a 590 shockwave due to it being a "firearm"
Ok. I could see a market for it in a state like that. I think the shockwave is kind of dumb, but I've only heard that Remington is selling a lot of them. If this gun is legal in NY, CA, etc. it will probably do well given their laws.

Of course, this is all assuming that they changed the trigger around and not something else. If it still has the standard trigger operation I can see it being a big seller everywhere.

Well I was wrong. I'm interested to see at what distance standard 5.56 rounds key hole. I also want to know what the velocity change is between standard rifling and straight rifling. Of course, at home defense ranges those all may be moot points. Good on Franklin Armory for trying something different.
There's always that ONE thing that comes out of Shot Show that is interesting but seems real gimmicky every year. Feel like this year this thing is it.

DSC_0513-1-660x438.jpg

http://www.guns.com/2018/01/23/mossberg-brings-double-stack-mag-590m-to-shot-show-photos/

I really hope the Mossberg 590 M is a great as I want it to be. The rumored cost of $100+ per additional mag is ridiculous if true, but this thing could make for an amazing home defense weapon. I'll wait until people have loaded the mags for a while to see if there is in any deformation of the shells that could lead to feeding issues.

There's always that ONE thing that comes out of Shot Show that is interesting but seems real gimmicky every year. Feel like this year this thing is it.

It's the year of the pistol caliber carbine(AR).

Noveske 10mm pdw
26318522_1810158492617965_163045883498201088_n.jpg

Falkor defense eclipse 9mm
26362741_964657663696549_5170403960183324672_n.jpg

Vltor
PTR
PWS
Ruger
Battle arms
Fortis
brugger and thomet
CORE
Quentin Defense
Etc

Last edited:
Dead Air Armament & KNS precision collaborations.

Flip up & down suppressor sights. Also could cowitness sights with a red dot or flip them down out of the way.

DA2.gif

DA3.gif

DA4.gif

DA1-920x517.gif

DA5.gif

Adjustable gas system for the AK.

DA7.gif

Back