Total War: Warhammer 2 comes out tomorrow (also; play TW:WH with me)

But if you play it for hundreds of hours over a period of months and years, it's worth every penny.

You can easily put in a hundred hours.

But I fucking hate Lord advancement. I spend more time every turn putting points into bullshit than I do moving and managing.

is there any point where chaos armies stop popping up at random
places ? ive been killing them over and over but they keep popping up every 10 turns or so

its so annying because i lost some cities in ulthuan and then my prick of a brother Teclis takes the cities back for his army and i cant make him confederate with me

places ? ive been killing them over and over but they keep popping up every 10 turns or so

its so annying because i lost some cities in ulthuan and then my prick of a brother Teclis takes the cities back for his army and i cant make him confederate with me
Casus Belli, if ever I saw it.
Take them back, and raze the rest of his cities.

i plan to but his army is much stronger also the lizardmen would join his side
Yeah, no wonder he won’t confederate.

In all honesty, I rush in when my allies lose cities to a common enemy. Can’t really blame him.

Gotta wipe out Arhaon and the Warriors of Chaos. If you're playing the new races, it's a bit of a trek to get there but you should be able to easily secure some alliances on the way that'll provide replenishment in their territories and then tag team the Warriors of Chaos to death. Half the time I've seen the AI take them out by themselves but the other half is me sending my best stack over to crush them. Also, a few times it's been Vampire Counts land which makes trekking through slow with all the corruption and I've never seen Chaos attacking the VCs. :/ People always complain about the AI Dwarf steamroll, and for good reason, but in my games it's always the Vampire Counts or High Elves with 60+ settlements.

The best thing about the random Chaos B squad armies is it's a good way to level up new lords and you'll get some easy cash and loot. Their armies are garbage. I like to take them on at sea if possible because your stacks by that time should be much stronger.

Gotta wipe out Arhaon and the Warriors of Chaos. If you're playing the new races, it's a bit of a trek to get there but you should be able to easily secure some alliances on the way that'll provide replenishment in their territories and then tag team the Warriors of Chaos to death. Half the time I've seen the AI take them out by themselves but the other half is me sending my best stack over to crush them. Also, a few times it's been Vampire Counts land which makes trekking through slow with all the corruption and I've never seen Chaos attacking the VCs. :/ People always complain about the AI Dwarf steamroll, and for good reason, but in my games it's always the Vampire Counts or High Elves with 60+ settlements.

The best thing about the random Chaos B squad armies is it's a good way to level up new lords and you'll get some easy cash and loot. Their armies are garbage. I like to take them on at sea if possible because your stacks by that time should be much stronger.
at this point the main Chaos army is not a threat since The Empire and Dorfs are keeping them away but the times ive been caught with my guard down is when all my armies were everywhere but in Ulthuan and Chaos B pops up right outside Lothern and wrecks my shit

i guess i need to keep an army at home just in case

Loads of streamers and Youtubers have uploaded Tomb Kings content yesterday. I haven't been this hyped for a release since The Witcher 3. Legend of Total War, who's been extremely critical of the Warhammer games, praises this DLC, says it's the best one CA has released yet and it's just plain fun. Can't wait for Tuesday. If you're on the fence about this, check out his review.

High Elves are a pain because they can very easily confederate other high elf factions rather than fight each other. Greenskins are like the total opposite and you have to be picky on which Greenskin faction you want to ally with as a non orc

Anyone playing? So far I've been impressed by the quality of everything. I started as Settra in a Vortex campaign and am having a lot of fun. Money's scarce so it's taking a bit longer to get elite units than I anticipated. Chariots wreck but need a lot of micro. I was racking up 150~200 kills per chariot unit. This weekend is going to be a total binge of Tomb Kings.

Anyone playing? So far I've been impressed by the quality of everything. I started as Settra in a Vortex campaign and am having a lot of fun. Money's scarce so it's taking a bit longer to get elite units than I anticipated. Chariots wreck but need a lot of micro. I was racking up 150~200 kills per chariot unit. This weekend is going to be a total binge of Tomb Kings.

Binged all day yesterday and today :D God, my days off are being swallowed by this game.

How many turns should Mortal Empires take? I'm on turn 218.

How many turns should Mortal Empires take? I'm on turn 218.

Up to you. On the right side, where the end turn button is, one of the buttons (lower one I believe...just mouse over it) tells you chapter and victory conditions. I usually start to get bored around 250 turns because I have multiple armies all filled with elite troops and nothing even puts up a fight. Also, the first 100 turns are the most exciting for me as I build my empire, have some close calls and even some losses and a new game is a brand new lord and faction to get to know.

The end game needs to be improved, much like all strategy games, because all you're really doing is mopping up the AI's trash late in the game. Luckily, the variety of lords and factions really keeps the game fresh for me at least.

I still haven't conquered the entire map. Might do that with one of the Tomb Kings.

Up to you. On the right side, where the end turn button is, one of the buttons (lower one I believe...just mouse over it) tells you chapter and victory conditions. I usually start to get bored around 250 turns because I have multiple armies all filled with elite troops and nothing even puts up a fight. Also, the first 100 turns are the most exciting for me as I build my empire, have some close calls and even some losses and a new game is a brand new lord and faction to get to know.

The end game needs to be improved, much like all strategy games, because all you're really doing is mopping up the AI's trash late in the game. Luckily, the variety of lords and factions really keeps the game fresh for me at least.

I still haven't conquered the entire map. Might do that with one of the Tomb Kings.

Thank you for pointing that out. Hadn't even heard of that before.

But yeah, I loved the campaign, but I'm not going to do all of those arbitrary objectives - that's a huge time investment. I've covered the South East section of the map, I'd rather try a different faction than moving all the way to the North West.

Add me on discord and lets play some games vs each other? I feel pretty confident with my Lizardmen right now.

Khalida is a lot of fun once she gets upgraded.

Khatep has the best special attack of the 3 Tomb Kings, I didn't try Arkhan yet.

Khalida is a lot of fun once she gets upgraded.

Khatep has the best special attack of the 3 Tomb Kings, I didn't try Arkhan yet.

Arkhan is nasty on the battlefield. He has some sick magic, a handful of good buffs for your soldiers and some really great dialogue. His early vampire units are really good to have because the Crypt Ghouls and wolves are excellent flankers the Tomb Kings don't have in the early game. His unique items are pretty powerful, too. He has the least exciting mount options (steed and chariot only) but he's still a total beast on both. Khatep's casket of souls mount is so ridiculous that I can't wait to see it in action.

Gonna try Khalida next and then ME campaigns with Khatep and Settra. I might give Steel Faith Overhaul 2 a run. Anyone try this mod out? The gist of it is the mod makes high tier units, like Blood Knights, lesser in numbers but much deadlier and harder to take down in a battle. Lords become killing machines, even more than the base game lol, and battles last roughly 30% longer because everything gets a health buff. Also, buildings are reworked for 4 slot settlements and lore-friendly units were added to the mod.

Dulu#5759 on Discord, add me for a battle!

I'm not on Discord but I'll make an account soon. I'm on Asia time so not too sure if our schedules will mesh. I'd also be up for a head to head or co-op campaign sometime if you or anyone else is interested. Can be as slow as we want or whatever.

Arkhan is nasty on the battlefield. He has some sick magic, a handful of good buffs for your soldiers and some really great dialogue. His early vampire units are really good to have because the Crypt Ghouls and wolves are excellent flankers the Tomb Kings don't have in the early game. His unique items are pretty powerful, too. He has the least exciting mount options (steed and chariot only) but he's still a total beast on both. Khatep's casket of souls mount is so ridiculous that I can't wait to see it in action.

Gonna try Khalida next and then ME campaigns with Khatep and Settra. I might give Steel Faith Overhaul 2 a run. Anyone try this mod out? The gist of it is the mod makes high tier units, like Blood Knights, lesser in numbers but much deadlier and harder to take down in a battle. Lords become killing machines, even more than the base game lol, and battles last roughly 30% longer because everything gets a health buff. Also, buildings are reworked for 4 slot settlements and lore-friendly units were added to the mod.

I'm not on Discord but I'll make an account soon. I'm on Asia time so not too sure if our schedules will mesh. I'd also be up for a head to head or co-op campaign sometime if you or anyone else is interested. Can be as slow as we want or whatever.

I play ONLY with SFO, I waited a week for it to update.

I have a mod cocktail of about 60 mods right now.

I play ONLY with SFO, I waited a week for it to update.

I have a mod cocktail of about 60 mods right now.

I'll take that as a ringing endorsement then! I'll have to sort out what current mods I have and what don't first. Might start a Khalida SFO mod ME campaign then. Thanks.

I'll take that as a ringing endorsement then! I'll have to sort out what current mods I have and what don't first. Might start a Khalida SFO mod ME campaign then. Thanks.

Khalida is the best pure fighter of the lot of new lords for sure. She only gets one epic item, but it's AMAZING.

The battle to earn it is a lot of fun too.

Her talents make her a great fighter and gives lots of bonuses for archers.

I think one of the skills gives 25% more ammo for the entire faction.

Back