Running best cardio rebuilder?

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’ve not been doing much for almost a year now, but what would you advise for fast stamina rebuilding?

I recently started running a little over 1.5 miles every 2 days (don’t have that much time since i’m in my exams). I don’t time my laps either

So any suggestions for extra stamina boosting?

Yes running is great. Jump roping is also great and more convenient. Swimming is awesome if you have access to a pool.

Jogging with sprints in between.

Skipping

Swimming

are the top 3 like kevo ^ said

time yourself
gradually increase the distance

Running has the highest effect size per dose for cardio, with the rower and cross-country skiing being close seconds. It is also however the largest summation of forces on your body.

Running has the highest effect size per dose for cardio, with the rower and cross-country skiing being close seconds. It is also however the largest summation of forces on your body.
I thought jumping rope was supposed to be superior to running?

with dose you mean time?
i would have guessed the rower or rope jumping is higher in efficiency.

with dose you mean time?
i would have guessed the rower or rope jumping is higher in efficiency.

Very elite athletes in running endurance events have roughly half the training volume of similarly elite (by vo2 max etc) athletes in cycling, swimming etc that are doing energetically similar events.

As for jump ropes- while it's great for local muscular endurance, you're using fewer muscles through a smaller range of motion with a shorter relaxation cycle so I don't see any reason to think it would be more efficient as a means of developing the vascular system. Anecdotally, every boxer i know uses the jump rope, but they do vastly more running.

I’ve not been doing much for almost a year now, but what would you advise for fast stamina rebuilding?

I recently started running a little over 1.5 miles every 2 days (don’t have that much time since i’m in my exams). I don’t time my laps either

So any suggestions for extra stamina boosting?

Cardio is very activity specific in my opinion. What do you want to get better for? If you just want general health then I'd suggest something really low impact and full body like swimming. Running is great, but it's really hard on your body. Swimming is a full body cardio workout without any real stress on the joints.

If you want to get better at a sport then I suggest doing something that sport involves.

Boxing? Jump rope. Swimming.
Football? Sprints, sleds
Baseball? Sprints, slow jogs.

Cardio is very activity specific in my opinion. What do you want to get better for? If you just want general health then I'd suggest something really low impact and full body like swimming. Running is great, but it's really hard on your body. Swimming is a full body cardio workout without any real stress on the joints.

If you want to get better at a sport then I suggest doing something that sport involves.

Boxing? Jump rope. Swimming.
Football? Sprints, sleds
Baseball? Sprints, slow jogs.
For now i want something not too time consuming for just overall stamina. I’ll start boxing again later so i want to arrive and still be able to pick up the routines without dying

For now i want something not too time consuming for just overall stamina. I’ll start boxing again later so i want to arrive and still be able to pick up the routines without dying

Man I like swimming. Personally I run more than swim simply because it doesn't hurt, but I've been looking for a good pool to go to and cut out long distance running. It's a full body workout and will seriously build your lung capacity and heart up. Plus it's full body muscular endurance.

I like running on the beach.

Started doing it because running on pavement was wrecking my ankles and found out the extra resistance of the soft sand makes for a great workout.

Add in some sprint intervals and you can really get the lungs burning quick fast.

I like running on the beach.

Started doing it because running on pavement was wrecking my ankles and found out the extra resistance of the soft sand makes for a great workout.

Add in some sprint intervals and you can really get the lungs burning quick fast.

I prefer running on the snow haha. Last winter I spend 4 months in a winter resort and was running on snow for 3-4 months. It was the greatest running experience I have ever had, and I hate running. The summer I was trying to run on the beach, but shit is really heavy and hot and if you try to run near the water it is in a weird angle. So I ended up swimming :D

I thought jumping rope was supposed to be superior to running?

I think jumping rope burns more calories than running.

Man I like swimming. Personally I run more than swim simply because it doesn't hurt, but I've been looking for a good pool to go to and cut out long distance running. It's a full body workout and will seriously build your lung capacity and heart up. Plus it's full body muscular endurance.

Is it true that swimming build fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers
At the same time?

hookers and cocaine

Is that still funny ?

This was every second answer to every second thread like 2 years ago and people found it hillarious.

I never got it.

Central adaptations are general (heart chamber size, capillirizattion, parasympathetic tone), peripheral adaptations are specific (mitochondrial biogenesis, sodium-ion pumps in the sells, presence of various enzymes)

Is that still funny ?

This was every second answer to every second thread like 2 years ago and people found it hillarious.

I never got it.

It's not unless they also have a picture of Dr Rockso the rock and roll clown

I think jumping rope burns more calories than running.

Is it true that swimming build fast twitch and slow twitch muscle fibers
At the same time?

Depends how you run and how you skip.

In terms of efficiency, IMO, nothing can beat running a 5K in, say 22mn. It is a realistic goal for many people, and it will really kick your ass.

With efficiency I mean what it will bring you the most results per minute spent around that activity.
YOu usually don't need to commute, don't need to find a place, and you are more likely to stick with it.
Including changing, getting out of your place, getting warm, stretching, showering, you can do it all in in like 40 mn. It's impossible to beat that.

Skipping rope for 30 mn 2 times per week ? I honestly don't know many people that have it in them. I like to skip 10mn as a warm up before MT, but it gets boring as fuck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back