is anyone on here actually on TRT?

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 391673

or, if not, do you plan to go on it when you're 50+ or 60+?

what are the pros and cons?

it seems almost stupid to not take it when you get older....

It seems almost stupid to not take it as you get older........but you want to know the pros and cons, hmmmmmm. There are actually better places to ask these questions and it's not Sherdog......

It seems almost stupid to not take it as you get older........but you want to know the pros and cons, hmmmmmm. There are actually better places to ask these questions and it's not Sherdog......

Haha I know youre right.
I googled it as well.
If someone is on it though on here it would be cool to hear directly from them. Im not gonna go join some other forum though.

i am.
im just 32 yo.
had to start TRT because of my psychiatric medication wich i cannot stop taking or ill go crazy and stuff.

ive discussed it with my doctors.

I guess both my meds and testosterone shots are now for life. I see no problem.

Let me say that low T makes you weak, fat, and your dick dont work. Plus you feel tired and a little depressed. That was me.

Now my dick is fine, my strength is much better, i can lift better, i lose weight easier (body composition got much better after starting TRT and lifting) and i feel good. Feel like im actually young and not an old man. Yeah, i dont regret not even a little bit.

Only down side is maybe oily skin but that is minor issue.

I can easily replace testosterone where i live. If i decide to go to another country where laws are different i may have to do changes in my treatment. I dont know. But that is also minor compared to real life situation. If i go on a trip for months or something like that...there is always some form of gel that i can rub every morning and thats it.

no downside, no regret.

Meh - I didn't dope while competing in a drug infested sport when I was in my 20s, I don't feel like I need to now. There's a reason for reduced T as you get older and it has to do with your immune system.

Been on 150 mg a week for about 3 years. It's great. Sometimes I bump it up to 400 mg a week.

i am.
im just 32 yo.
had to start TRT because of my psychiatric medication wich i cannot stop taking or ill go crazy and stuff.

ive discussed it with my doctors.

I guess both my meds and testosterone shots are now for life. I see no problem.

Let me say that low T makes you weak, fat, and your dick dont work. Plus you feel tired and a little depressed. That was me.

Now my dick is fine, my strength is much better, i can lift better, i lose weight easier (body composition got much better after starting TRT and lifting) and i feel good. Feel like im actually young and not an old man. Yeah, i dont regret not even a little bit.

Only down side is maybe oily skin but that is minor issue.

I can easily replace testosterone where i live. If i decide to go to another country where laws are different i may have to do changes in my treatment. I dont know. But that is also minor compared to real life situation. If i go on a trip for months or something like that...there is always some form of gel that i can rub every morning and thats it.

no downside, no regret.

Been on 150 mg a week for about 3 years. It's great. Sometimes I bump it up to 400 mg a week.

if you start taking it an early age do you become dependent on it though?
if you decide to stop, aren't you kinda screwed?

if you start taking it an early age do you become dependent on it though?
if you decide to stop, aren't you kinda screwed?

I started at 37. Get your blood work done. If you're low, you're low. Any exogenous source will suppress your body's own production.

Meh - I didn't dope while competing in a drug infested sport when I was in my 20s, I don't feel like I need to now. There's a reason for reduced T as you get older and it has to do with your immune system.

how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

also, when you're 60-70 don't your levels drop off regardless if you were vitor belforting when younger? so why not go on it then?

I started at 37. Get your blood work done. If you're low, you're low. Any exogenous source will suppress your body's own production.

if you're not low and you still go on it will that make you an ubermensch?

how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

also, when you're 60-70 don't your levels drop off regardless if you were vitor belforting when younger? so why not go on it then?

Late 40s. People don't often consider the effect of TRT on the immune system. Since most tumors start with an infection, I would say that's something worth considering very carefully. Liver enzymes aren't the only thing to monitor with TRT.

The guys I work with in SoCal are all completely jacked even though none of them were ever athletes. It also seems like they've always got a cold or other infection. One of them has elevated ALT and AST.

Will i use at 60? I don't know, maybe. I assume there will be a better understanding of how to do it without fucking up other aspects of health.

Last edited:
if i stop shooting T i will be at minimum level. Because of supression either from my meds or because of exogenous T.

Regarding T im fucked. For me, its the way it goes now. I dont know what ill do in the future and what will happen.

Health issues...im used to it.

Stuff like SARMS can help someday, maybe. Dick pills. etc.I dont know. Maybe ill cycle T someday.Who knows...

Off course i have a doctor and i do blood work regularly.

Im fucked up already.

We have a saying in portuguese here in Brasil "o que é um peido pra quem ta cagado?" meaning "whats farting if you already shat yourself?"

if i stop shooting T i will be at minimum level. Because of supression either from my meds or because of exogenous T.

Regarding T im fucked. For me, its the way it goes now. I dont know what ill do in the future and what will happen.

Health issues...im used to it.

Stuff like SARMS can help someday, maybe. Dick pills. etc.I dont know. Maybe ill cycle T someday.Who knows...

Off course i have a doctor and i do blood work regularly.

Im fucked up already.

We have a saying in portuguese here in Brasil "o que é um peido pra quem ta cagado?" meaning "whats farting if you already shat yourself?"

Really sorry to hear that.

Late 40s. People don't often consider the effect of TRT on the immune system. Since most tumors start with an infection, I would say that's something worth considering very carefully. Liver enzymes aren't the only thing to monitor with TRT.

The guys I work with in SoCal are all completely jacked even though none of them were ever athletes. It also seems like they've always got a cold or other infection. One of them has elevated ALT and AST.

Will i use at 60? I don't know, maybe. I assume there will be a better understanding of how to do it without fucking up other aspects of health.
I can see there being problems if you jack up your T into the freak range, but what about just raising it to the level of a normal, healthy 20-something?

I can see there being problems if you jack up your T into the freak range, but what about just raising it to the level of a normal, healthy 20-something?

Two points:

1. Who just raises their T to a level of normal 20 yr old? No one. They jack it to the max range of normals (900ng/dl) which might be 3x of what your T was in your 20s.

2. Still diminishes your immune system and at an older age what's more important, impregnating women or not getting infections? The studies on infection rate and TST come from TRT patients, not body builder who are pumping massive amounts of T.

As you get older, you need more recovery between training days. You can alternatively take TRT and be a douchebag.

TRT is not just terrible for the immune system and developing cancers, its also very bad for your blood pressure and heart. Steroids is still using drugs for the rest of your life even if its a 'lower' dosage.

If I can manage to be happy and not lethargic as fuck in old age without then I wont be using. Maybe if I knew my lifespan or had a certain amount of time to live or something

Back