Any ways to deal with someone stiff arming your face in Muay Thai?

Are you referring to getting your face shoved with the palm when in the clinch? You've gotta swim your way out of it, anticipate and use your forearm to push the arm away from your face and bring your head down and in.

Are you referring to getting your face shoved with the palm when in the clinch? You've gotta swim your way out of it, anticipate and use your forearm to push the arm away from your face and bring your head down and in.
Yeah saenchai does it all the time blinds his face with his palm many tricks of it

Any advice for someone constantly getting stiff armed in a Muay Thai match

If i know someone likes using a stiff arm (especially with a particular hard) ill bait the stiff arm then just whip an overhand around it. The intent with the stiff arm is too hold someone at length, to do this you must hold your arm out there. As a fighter i know you know that if a hand is out attacking then it isnt by the head protecting ;) as my dad use to say when it came to fighting "fill the holes" i take it a step further and create the holes to fill

how about just moving your head out of the way? although you would probably need to cut an angle immediately after or counter strike asap.

how about just moving your head out of the way? although you would probably need to cut an angle immediately after or counter strike asap.

Klitschko likes the "stiffarm" (illegal in boxing but so is holding floyd)
Joshua did a good job of dealing with it in the fight

Why you acting like a flirty teenager? And don't ever stick your tongue out at me again or ill send @Snubnoze707 and the boys to pay you a visit.
How long did it take you to type out that post with your eyes fixated on Yodwicha doing ab work in the background?

How long did it take you to type out that post with your eyes fixated on Yodwicha doing ab work in the background?
I guess this joke would of been funnier if I was still at Kems gym but left like a month ago.

Watch Masato's 2nd match against Buakaw; he was landing that jab, uppercut/cross combination through Buakaw's stiff-arm all night.

Back