got attacked after class

eng236

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
went to kickboxing class yesterday and then right outside the place the person I was sparing with comes out and swings clipping me in the cheek. friends and class break it up before a full out fight ensues and I'm gonna see him in class today wat do? also has this ever happened to u?

went to kickboxing class yesterday and then right outside the place the person I was sparing with comes out and swings clipping me in the cheek. friends and class break it up before a full out fight ensues and I'm gonna see him in class today wat do? also has this ever happened to u?
Leave the gym your clearly around a bunch of meatheads maybe you sparred him to hard which hard and untechnical sparring is dumb. Did you make fun of him prior to this?

Leave the gym your clearly around a bunch of meatheads maybe you sparred him to hard which hard and untechnical sparring is dumb. Did you make fun of him prior to this?
I have sparred with him multiple times and I didn't really go 100%. I gave him about 60% and the spar was limited for no headkicks while he repeatedly threw some at me but I did not return. most of the other people at the gym are nice but this guys just flipped out and idk why

1.) One word explanation, you suffered from the hands of = ROID RAGE

2.) Sometimes I noticed that novice or beginners will think they are going 20%, but in fear they will spar 100% because they cant control themselves. Other guy probably got clipped by you hard but you did not notice it. He probably got mad or frustrated.

3.) Don't spar, unless you can control yourself, both technically and emotionally.

4.) Sparring sessions are not proving grounds or real fights, no such thing as winning a spar. I find it funny when noobies brag about winning a sparring session. Sparring should be for technical, timing, and movement, not power. Power is for the pads and the bags. Keep the real fighting for real fights. Noobies will brag about their sparring records, LOL! 100-0 in sparring but 0 record in real fights.

Last edited:
He should be banned from the gym for doing that

2.) Sometimes I noticed that novice or beginners will think they are going 20%, but in fear they will spar 100% because they cant control themselves. Other guy probably got clipped by you hard but you did not notice it. He probably got mad or frustrated.

3.) Don't spar, unless you can control yourself, both technically and emotionally.

4.) Sparring sessions are not proving grounds or real fights, no such thing as winning a spar. I find it funny when noobies brag about winning a sparring session. Sparring should be for technical, timing, and movement, not power. Power is for the pads and the bags. Keep the real fighting for real fights. Noobies will brag about their sparring records, LOL! 100-0 in sparring but 0 record in real fights.

Agree 100% I went to a meathead gym where we sparred 100% I mean swing wild throw bombs rock him and when he is rocked go after him when he is pinned against the ropes. Same happened to me i took tons of punishment got rocked constantly it's not nice sparring should to learn and refine techniques only.

Look at how they spar in Thailand, very relax, timing. balance, no power. Sanchai (smaller guy) is one of the best in the business regarding timing and he gained this by sparring like this. yes, they can easily smash each other with hard knees (notice they don't use their tip of their knee, just thigh). and yes they can punch eachother in the face, but instead work on more balance precision kicks. Sometimes, you learn just by focusing on your balance. I see a lot of this in Thailand, sabai sabai (easy easy) have fun sparring. You gain a lot of experience more relaxed and easy learning timing, than tense roid full power spars.

Last edited:

now watch this sparring session, of rage. not relaxed, full power. What do you learn out of this? Yes, you can take a hit maybe? maybe... which one of these do you learn from? Clearly, one guy just knows he can beat up a less skilled partner, and other guys learn nothing except it hurts getting beat up.

Last edited:

now watch this sparring session, of rage. not relaxed, full power. What do you learn out of this? Yes, you can take a hit maybe? maybe... which one of these do you learn from? Clearly, one guy just knows he can beat up a less skilled partner, and other guys learn nothing except it hurts getting beat up.

something else is going on here.

Yeah man gym wars suck

Look at how they spar in Thailand, very relax, timing. balance, no power. Sanchai (smaller guy) is one of the best in the business regarding timing and he gained this by sparring like this. yes, they can easily smash each other with hard knees (notice they don't use their tip of their knee, just thigh). and yes they can punch eachother in the face, but instead work on more balance precision kicks. Sometimes, you learn just by focusing on your balance. I see a lot of this in Thailand, sabai sabai (easy easy) have fun sparring. You gain a lot of experience more relaxed and easy learning timing, than tense roid full power spars.

I saw that saenchai sparring video before they are all very relaxed and calm whilst working precision and technique

Jesus Christ people in Thailand must have Flintstone feet !!

I do the ouchie dance just from walking to the mailbox barefoot.

<Oku02> .

Last edited:

I had a conversation similar to this with my buddy after a more experienced guy gushed some beginners nose from a headkick. You have to update the software without damaging the hardware. on the TUF season with Conor he mad his guys spar with tiny gloves, no head gear or shin pads and go technically. When you are surviving in sparring its only a litmus test for what you currently know, you cant learn anything aside from how to survive (if you can).the guy he was sparring was no where near his level situation gave me a gross feeling as i knew he knew that.

Love that meme and completely agree. Yeah, I remember sparring some dude and you'd ask him to ramp it back which he would do for like 10 seconds next thing you know hes back up to like 85+%

do sparring with another guy of the gym but not him

he clearly didnt have maturity enough for making it "personal"

people like him shouldnt be accepted at any martial arts gym

Should pop out from behind his car one night and be like "Surprise motherfucka" and shoot him in the knee.

He's the Russian version of Julian Lane.

Should pop out from behind his car one night and be like "Surprise motherfucka" and shoot him in the knee.

Little harsh man...you may get kicked out of the gym if anyone sees. Better to follow him home with a ski mask and pipe ya feel me?

I have sparred with him multiple times and I didn't really go 100%. I gave him about 60% and the spar was limited for no headkicks while he repeatedly threw some at me but I did not return. most of the other people at the gym are nice but this guys just flipped out and idk why
He’s a bitch. Request that the coach kicks him out, or leave the gym.
Can’t believe this happened to you bro.

sometimes a lesser skilled sparring partner will think your %50 is a 100%, so they will go hard.

Back