Recent fights/results/news from China

That's called a finish, something Sittichai couldn't accomplish.
Something no one could accomplish against Marat. Would like to see sittichai go to the body more against Marat if he wants to hurt him. Aim for the liver.

Sittichai has a pretty good KO rate, he just lacks power in his hands. He can outbox someone like Marat no problem but yes if he wants to finish him i think knees are the right way.

I guess Superbon tried to use knees, but he gets hit way too much when he does it. Even Sergey Kuliaba landed alot of clean punches on Bon. Buakaw was way more effective in using knees because he neutralized the opponents defense every time he threw knees. Superbon seems to throw them while the other guy

Buakaw was way more effective in using knees because he neutralized the opponents defense every time he threw knees. Superbon seems to throw them while the other guy
Exactly. Buakaw was/is really good at landing those knees on combo spammers. Picks the right moment and has a follow up.

Bon tried to fire off two no clinch knees with his back against the ropes while Marat was unleashing a Ramon Dekkers Special.

But I thought hardcores were supposed to appreciate the rhythm and flow of techniques and not be fooled by finishes.
Maybe when bumswinging is involved but Marat has calculated offense and its his specialty to go for the kill.

Sittichai doesn't have the aesthetic quality of Petro so when he doesn't finish the fights seem pretty bland in most cases.

didnt understood why Kryklia vs Azizpour went to an extra round,Kryklia won it on the normal time..

Wasn't a good decision. Worst judged Kunlun event in general.

Wasn't a good decision. Worst judged Kunlun event in general.
thats for sure

but i guess why they made it

Azizpour knocked out the kunlun people´s champ Gerasimchuk at IFMA quarter or semi finals last year,so they could be aiming for a champion vs champion rematch

Maybe when bumswinging is involved but Marat has calculated offense and its his specialty to go for the kill.

Sittichai doesn't have the aesthetic quality of Petro so when he doesn't finish the fights seem pretty bland in most cases.
Sittichai finished Superbon aswell, though.

Sure, and he's awesome when he does finish, bland when he doesnt. That doesn't change my point.
In my opinion what makes it bland is you're always sure he is going to win nowaday. I remember when he fought RvR the first time i was nervous and excited as hell because he was still quite new in kickboxing. This time when he is facing Baya it's like meh...

Anyone giving Koprivlenski a chance of beating Grigo?
he will be fighting marat?

no way bro,i think no one can beat marat instead of thai based guys and maybe allazov

going head to head with grigorian or not keeping him far with long jabs+mid kicks is an almost sure loss

even a good days RVR lost to Grigorian(imo) on their fight,and RVR back in the day was scary on short distance fights,still,but was way better.

In my opinion what makes it bland is you're always sure he is going to win nowaday. I remember when he fought RvR the first time i was nervous and excited as hell because he was still quite new in kickboxing. This time when he is facing Baya it's like meh...
That's true, and it seems like he does just enough to get the victory. It's a smart way to fight for longevity but it can alienate fans.

it's not that I don't like Marat,it's his people I can't stand. anyway....I hope he gets super confident just in time to see his dreams shattered,can't be a fan if my champs don't suffer.
bon training has been to experimental lately....both the fitness and the boxing ain't working they tried with different box trainers and nada...now karma finally kissed him for good,hopefully he will come back because I sure won't be watching any of sittichai's progressive relaxation sessions.

Superbon has always been prone to getting tagged and he doesn't have a great chin either. Against stockier fights like Kiria and RVR I think Superbon can keep them at bay with his teeps and knees but it was evident in the Nayanesh fight that taller/rangier fighters give him a lot more problems, I figured that Marat would give him some issues. Hope he bounces back since he is my favourite kickboxer to watch when he's really on his game.

Sure, and he's awesome when he does finish, bland when he doesnt. That doesn't change my point.

Can't the same thing be said for Marat? He has a fairly meat and potatoes kickboxing style. Superbon's the only real high quality opponent that Marat finished too. Sittichai would finish a lot of the guys Marat did too imo, he tends to break opponents down as opposed to knocking them out straight up.

Can't the same thing be said for Marat? He has a fairly meat and potatoes kickboxing style. Superbon's the only real high quality opponent that Marat finished too. Sittichai would finish a lot of the guys Marat did too imo, he tends to break opponents down as opposed to knocking them out straight up.

well marat can embarrassing bad...unlike sittichai

This all started when I claimed a Marat finish over Sittichai would be more entertaining than three decisions over Marat. I wasn't comparing their careers so I'm not gonna bother defending Marat...

This all started when I claimed a Marat finish over Sittichai would be more entertaining than three decisions over Marat. I wasn't comparing their careers so I'm not gonna bother defending Marat...

Oh right I misread what you wrote.

Back