Team Quest Chiang Mai Area/Accomodation advice

Anklepicker67

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi,

I am travelling to Team Quest in Chiang Mai in a few days from Bangkok and was looking for some advice on accommodation from anybody with experience here or anybody who knows the area.

The gym looks close to the airport - Is the noise from this bothersome?

Does anybody have advice/reviews on accommodation at the gym?

What is the area near the gym like? Good restaurants? Does it have all the things you would need and necessary leisure activities so I am not bored out my mind between sessions?

Cheers,

Luke

I went there a bunch of times over Christmas holidays. I don't think noise is an issue, didn't hear any planes although I didn't stay there, I stayed half an hour away out east.

The trainers were very friendly and helpful and knew what they were teaching. I've trained at some very good gyms and can say that they were good enough to teach me things.

Price seemed pretty standard for training, I think it was 300 baht per session, and each session was around 90 mins.

If you're training as a fighter then you have a different time slot to everyone else. I dont know much about that though, I just training with the mass.

Place can be a little hard to find. Best way to get there is to book an uber ride. Taxi or tuktuk you will have a nightmare trying to explain the location.

I went there a bunch of times over Christmas holidays. I don't think noise is an issue, didn't hear any planes although I didn't stay there, I stayed half an hour away out east.

The trainers were very friendly and helpful and knew what they were teaching. I've trained at some very good gyms and can say that they were good enough to teach me things.

Price seemed pretty standard for training, I think it was 300 baht per session, and each session was around 90 mins.

If you're training as a fighter then you have a different time slot to everyone else. I dont know much about that though, I just training with the mass.

Place can be a little hard to find. Best way to get there is to book an uber ride. Taxi or tuktuk you will have a nightmare trying to explain the location.

Thanks for the reply, its good to know that the noise wasn't a problem.

90 minutes also seems like a good length of time for a training session to keep optimal consistency. Do they have stretching as part of each session or is that done in your own time?

Thanks for the reply, its good to know that the noise wasn't a problem.

90 minutes also seems like a good length of time for a training session to keep optimal consistency. Do they have stretching as part of each session or is that done in your own time?

If you're staying there it seemed that training was like most Thai gyms.
30 mins jogging or skipping followed by an hour or two of Muay Thai, twice a day.

One of the classes I went to we did some stretching but nothing to write home about, I'd do your own thing in that regard.

I don't know much about the immediate area around the gym except that it is close to some major roads, the airport, CM University and of course the old city itself, so I can't imagine you will be short of things to do.

I stayed for 3 weeks in a quieter area and still didn't get to do everything I wanted to.

If you're staying there it seemed that training was like most Thai gyms.
30 mins jogging or skipping followed by an hour or two of Muay Thai, twice a day.

One of the classes I went to we did some stretching but nothing to write home about, I'd do your own thing in that regard.

I don't know much about the immediate area around the gym except that it is close to some major roads, the airport, CM University and of course the old city itself, so I can't imagine you will be short of things to do.

I stayed for 3 weeks in a quieter area and still didn't get to do everything I wanted to.
Sounds good. Looking forward to checking out the old town. I've heard great things.

In Bangkok at the moment at Khongsittha gym and the area isnt very good. very urban and a bit out of the city so there isnt very much to do. Looking forward to getting my scooter back when I go to Chiang Mai

Back