Longest lasting muay thai gyms...

jtwarwagon4life

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
which still have at least some talented fighters?

So, I would exclude gyms like Sasiprapa, Sityodtong and others which are very old but no longer produce strong talent. And please no stupid response like Vos gym, Fujimoto gym, Ihara gym or Mejiro gym. Which don't qualify for obvious reasons. Doesn't have to be same facility or ownership, but which outstanding gym's lineage runs deepest?

Petchyindee: Been around since the 70's I think. Vicharnnoi was a Petchyindee fighter and one of the best of his time, one of thailands best gyms currently.
Lookprabaht?
Lookbanyai?
Pinsinchai?
(Has Sor Ploenchit had any decent fighter in the last 5 years or so?)
Saenmorakot?
Kiatniwat?
Fairtex?
Tor Laksong?

Last edited:
Not really an answer but I remember seeing a kiatsongrit fighter at rajadamnern recently, surprised they're still going.

Kiatmoo9 around for 30 years....
This link is a documentary about the Gym and its beginnings.

Kiatmoo9 around for 30 years....
This link is a documentary about the Gym and its beginnings.

I was going to post this in the Thailand thread.

Pretty fuckin' awesome video if you ask me.

Also great info about Superlek coming to the international circuit in 1-2 years.

He looks like he's at his prime right now but still should be able to load on fat and kick his way into an international kickboxing title.

So Sittichai earning 30.000$ for his Glory fights, and Petpanomrung 15.000$ so far.

So Sittichai earning 30.000$ for his Glory fights, and Petpanomrung 15.000$ so far.

are those the values in the english translation? I'm at work and can't check right now but iirc these are the same from portuguese translation which are in brazilian currency. $1 is ~3.3 bucks here so it makes much more sense that these are the correct ammounts in american dollars but who knows...

are those the values in the english translation? I'm at work and can't check right now but iirc these are the same from portuguese translation which are in brazilian currency. $1 is ~3.3 bucks here so it makes much more sense that these are the correct ammounts in american dollars but who knows...

Yeah, in the english translation.

nah I was tripping, just checked and the values are properly converted. I guess Sittichai makes much more fighting in China right?

30k is not bad in itself but it's still shit pay for the #1 kickboxer in the world. And Petpanomrung got ~3k to get kicked in the ground by Rambo. no wonder why he left the Stadiums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back