How Do You Rate My Background For Entering MMA

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So I'm 23 years old and want to take my first official amatuer mma fight this year. This is my background. Boxing since 2010 so about 7 years and have had almost 100 amatuer boxing matches.
Didn't start grappling until January of last year but it has taken over my life, train very regularly hav competed a few times and won most of my grappling matches. Will definitely be getting my blue belt in next 5 months.
Have some experience in kicking but definitely gona work more on that before fight. Also very well conditioned.
Based on this do you think I'm ready to compete in mma fights?

What is your grappling style? If your takedowns are half decent you are more than ready.

Bro. Most amateur MMA fighters have only a few months of throwing haymakers and taking too much juice.
You'll do fine.

well man i think you have a pretty good experience at amateur boxing and at training(7 years),so your standup will be levels above MMA beginners

continue grappling and gaining experience because it is one of the pillars of MMA,and you could also enter in a MT-Kickboxing gyn(the best that you can find depending on where you live of course) to add you not only the kicking+knees game but how to defend himself against them

good luck on your journey

well man i think you have a pretty good experience at amateur boxing and at training(7 years),so your standup will be levels above MMA beginners

continue grappling and gaining experience because it is one of the pillars of MMA,and you could also enter in a MT-Kickboxing gyn(the best that you can find depending on where you live of course) to add you not only the kicking+knees game but how to defend himself against them

good luck on your journey
Thank you!

For an amateur MMA fight you're damn near over qualified. How man times have you heard fighters say, "I started fighting after I watched TUF, spent a few months training and had my first fight".

Back