Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

All the Try Hard guys have been tweeting passive aggressive shit all week and Tenshin has been liking every one of those posts.

My money is on RISE/KNOCK OUT

In so far as I'm speculating. RIZIN has made some noise about doing a spinoff kickboxing org to appease Tenshin and they've dropped hints that their year won't be structured around a GP but is planning "something else big that would cause controversy"

@Karaev fan any idea why rizin does not use Japanese kb rules/mt and instead uses regular kb/k1 rules? You would figure since it was an mma organization they would allow elbows and clinch especially when the only fighter they are featuring is used to those rules

@Karaev fan any idea why rizin does not use Japanese kb rules/mt and instead uses regular kb/k1 rules? You would figure since it was an mma organization they would allow elbows and clinch especially when the only fighter they are featuring is used to those rules
No good answer for you I'm afraid. In the past Japanese TV promotions shied from allowing elbows cause they wanted to avoid cuts on national TV, but that explanation doesn't really make sense with them allowing elbows for some MMA bouts.

My 2nd guess would be because they're interested in poaching talent from K-1/Krush/Rise that aren't used to elbows. We'll see what ruleset they go with when they actually start up doing kickboxing more. They had a few K-1 officiated bouts and a few 'RIZIN kick' bouts (whatever that means), but not sure what they land on on a consistent basis

So you know how K-1 Japan doesn't have a 60kg champ now that Taiga has been stripped?

We assumed that meant that Takeru would fight for a vacant title, NOPE! They put together a one night tournament for the mega card to decide their new champion

QF1: Koji vs Urabe Hirotaka
QF2: Komiyama Kosuke vs Suarek Rukkamui
QF3: Takeru vs Stauros Exakoustidis
QF4: Goshyu Masanobu vs Timur Nadrov

Did K1 come out with an official statement why they parted ways with Taiga?

Did K1 come out with an official statement why they parted ways with Taiga?

Yeah, they basically said Try Hard raised the specter of doing things that were 'against contract' near the end of last year. They thought they patched it over, but it came up again so they pulled them from all events. Try Hard disputes that.

A theory isn't hard to put together but its all speculation at the moment.

Takeru 60 kg champion confirmed.
I think Stauros is a 50-50 fight. I don't see him beating Stauros then Timur then Suarek or Komiyama

I think Stauros is a 50-50 fight. I don't see him beating Stauros then Timur then Suarek or Komiyama

you got Komiyama over Hirotaka? :eek:

any infos about Suarek? I know he fought in Rebel before.

Last edited:
you got Komiyama over Hirotaka? :eek:

My friend I have Koji over Hirotaka

27175_image_o.jpg

any infos about Suarek? I know he thought in Rebel before.

Former Raja #7, but came to Japan about 5 years ago. Basically in a Gonnapar type situation where he's reckless and aggressive enough so that Japanese promotions keep him around and feed him names. Had a decision loss to Umeno recently but undefeated in Japan besides that

Anyone know what time Knockout starts and how to watch it?
You're in luck! Knock Out is doing an official free periscope stream of the event. Just check their twitter feed and they should post a link. I think its this one, though they're just streaming past events at the moment.

The feed starts 4:55PM Japan time on their Monday (the 12th)

who would have figured none rose would be the only one underdressed for the occasion?

Japanese people have litterally turned into Anime characters...

Back