Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Tenshin landing heavy, and Suakim willing to brawl with him.

Tenshin's leading, but I think he might have slowed a bit after the headbutt(?)

Pretty close and entertaining fight. Suakim got the better of the kicks, Tenshin got the better of the punches. Tenshin landed a double leg in round 5, not sure if that scores.

Surprised one of them didn't get finished, I thought it would be Tenshin via ko in the early rounds or Suakim with a stoppage with knees or elbows later on. I missed the fight though, how did Tenshin hold up as the rounds progressed?

Surprised one of them didn't get finished, I thought it would be Tenshin via ko in the early rounds or Suakim with a stoppage with knees or elbows later on. I missed the fight though, how did Tenshin hold up as the rounds progressed?

pretty good. slowed slighty down, but was still looking sharp and landed punches.

Suakim's pressure and body kicks were stifling but Tenshin still had enough legs under him in rd 5 to dart out of harms way when Suakim would really try to press him, landed some good shots as he exited too

Was great to see more of Tenshin's game and his ability to deal with an opponent that pressured him. The only thing that bugged me was the clinches were broken up so quickly (I understand that's how japanese kickboxing operates), that was Suakim's biggest advantage going into the fight. Suakim also has a chin made of stone, he ate numerous punches that would have dropped a lot of other fighters at this weight and he didn't seem bothered at all.

Last edited:
I know the hype is around the knockouts, but Tenshin winning this on points is more impressive than an early KO would have been.

I was expecting (hoping for) Suakim to pressure hard with knees and elbows starting in round 2, but at times he was content to fight kick-heavy on the smaller and faster fighter. *shrugs*

Back