If you wanted to rig your enemies election...

HIMBOB

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If you were a world leader and wanted to rig your enemies election which of the following would be desirable outcomes?

Winner losing the popular vote

Increase divides within the country

Increase debt on nonproductive assets

Reduce innovation

Reduce environmental protections

Increase wealth disparity

Weaken energy infrastructure

Build distrust in the political process

Isolate the country from its Allies

Decrease chance of new alliances

Decrease national defence capability short term.

Decrease national defence capability long term.

Which of the above seems desirable and what else would you want to do?

EDIT: we are into page 3 and still no one has suggested something else a rigger would want nor have they attempted to refute anything I said. Come on people I doubt my list was perfect on the First attempt.

I want suggestions people!!!!! ( And no they don't have to be displayed by the current admin).

Last edited:
If you want to prevent this shit, try running people of high moral character.

If you were a world leader and wanted to rig your enemies election which of the following would be desirable outcomes?

Reduce innovation

The popular vote is a joke, and has zero to do with how presidents are elected in the United States.

Reduce innovation

So how exactly did Russia rig the election?

The popular vote is a joke, and has zero to do with how presidents are elected in the United States.

Regardless you would want more people to have voted against the winner.

Dunno.
I'm just thinking about what results they would hope to achieve if they did.

Right but shouldnt you at least require yourself to produce a theoretical mechanism for how it could happen before you start insinuating that it did?

Right but shouldnt you at least require yourself to produce a theoretical mechanism for how it could happen before you start insinuating that it did?

I don't see why?

First step is what you want, how comes second.

Besides just because it bears alot of hallmarks from the most recent American election doesn't mean it's only about that.

Even in my list I included "Decrease national defence capability short term" I don't think that applies at all to trumps actions.
Long term yes due to unsustainability but short term he is increasing funding. Maybe you could argue he is due to lack of oversight/accountability but I wouldn't.

Help Put the republicans in charge since they wil do the most damage to the country.

Rig is the wrong word, attempted to influence it and have continued to try to sow and add jet fuel to discord among Americans with differing political ideologies, of course they do that, mainstream republicans including GW Bush have said this unequivocally. Look at the news that came out over the weekend in the NYT of how their intelligence community tried to frame the US intelligence community as trying to get dirt on Trump, and how Trump took the bait and totally mischaracterized the story (per the author of the story) to add to his victim narrative. I truly hope that Trump is just being naive in his attempts to keep his head about water, that the Russians are just fucking with the US intelligence community, and this isn't part of some quid pro quo.

I know like, who cares what a majority of people in a democracy think?

Rig is the wrong word, attempted to influence it and have continued to try to sow and add jet fuel to discord among Americans with differing political ideologies, of course they do that, mainstream republicans including GW Bush have said this unequivocally. Look at the news that came out over the weekend in the NYT of how their intelligence community tried to frame the US intelligence community as trying to get dirt on Trump, and how Trump took the bait and totally mischaracterized the story (per the author of the story) to add to his victim narrative. I truly hope that Trump is just being naive in his attempts to keep his head about water, that the Russians are just fucking with the US intelligence community, and this isn't part of some quid pro quo.

Yeah I don't believe any of that outside of Russians offering their political opinions.

I see the discord coming from our own media, intelligence agencies, and loony leftists. Russia isn't even close to being a factor.

its.....a joke? wtf does that even mean. the popular vote is the foundation of the electoral college lol. how do you win districts? popular vote.

The single biggest culprit of this has to be Israel and I assume the primary motive is to co-opt US foreign policy or at least steer it into favorable actions.

I don't think it is the same as 'rigging' though, rather using internal influences/pressure/lobbying/funding and it also applies to whoever gets elected regardless. I'm sure there are preferred winners but it isn't a make or break thing. The pressure is applied no matter what.

The single biggest culprit of this has to be Israel and I assume the primary motive is to co-opt US foreign policy or at least steer it into favorable actions.

I don't think it is the same as 'rigging' though, rather using internal influences/pressure/lobbying/funding and it also applies to whoever gets elected regardless. I'm sure there are preferred winners but it isn't a make or break thing. The pressure is applied no matter what.

You don't see the divide in this country as being the result of differing values and world views but target something engineered by Israel?

I know like, who cares what a majority of people in a democracy think?
The can be applied to just about anything. What if a majority of a people in a democracy have a problem with something like alternative lifestyles or abortions or something else you may support? Does it even have to be groups of a national size? What it's just the majority of a state, a city, a town, a neighborhood?

The can be applied to just about anything. What if a majority of a people in a democracy have a problem with something like alternative lifestyles or abortions or something else you may support? Does it even have to be groups of a national size? What it's just the majority of a state, a city, a town, a neighborhood?

Well, as it turns out, a majority of people agree with me on those issues.

You don't see the divide in this country as being the result of differing values and world views but target something engineered by Israel?

No. Not sure how you interpreted my post to mean that.

Divides in the US are due to a lot of things both natural and engineered but 'Engineered by Israel' no my post was talking about US foreign policy.

Well, as it turns out, a majority of people agree with me on those issues.
Once again, if a nation, state, city or town hold a majority opinion that you don't agree with do you just accept it, ignore it or campaign/fight against it. Or, do you decide that your opinion is the correct one and enact laws, ordinances or policies that follow your ideals despite what the majority thinks if you have the power to do so?

Is it the correct choice to impose a national policy on a state, city or town who's majority doesn't agree with that policy? We see that now to a degree in Sanctuary states and their stance regarding immigration policy.

What about pro-trans policies? If a majority of a state, city or town disagrees with a pro-trans policy like the bathroom issue that had/has people in a twist, is it right to push it on them?

It's the classic many vs the few. Who decides? What is fair? How much of a pyramid is Democracy? Is Democracy just about numbers, because if so then it's really just mob rule after all.

Back