EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

No one beats @sportkillergreg saltiness though. Ill never forget beating that dude like ten times in a row, he finally got one on me when I was Arlovski, said that was the one he tried on, then I proceeded to beat him 10x more. Fucking pussy.

They could REALLY get it right if they:

A. Adjust the denial window to create more reactionary block of grapple advancements. or leave it alone if they do B.

B. Add in a pre-block input for SOME positions in addition to the reactionary denial windows. Similar to how THQ allowed for directional transition denials to be held. If I want to prevent a pass from bottom side control to Full Mount. I can try to time my reaction like we do today, which is risky, but could also lead to a reversal.

OR I should be able to hold a transition block to account for that specific pass in advance. An Animation would play out on screen of my fighter raising its leg to create a barrier for the pass. This of course could be broken down, similar to how strike blocking is broken down in UFC 3. If I throw enough GnP from Side Control, the pre-block breaks down and my leg animation goes down.

This will allow for more strategy as well. I could see the prevent animation on screen as the top guy and either go for the break by landing GnP. or I could take the open path to North South.

As the bottom guy, I may have successfully baited the top guy into getting reversed from the transition to North South, or at minimum, kept him from getting mount, which is way too easy to achieve now.

This same concept could be apply to various positions, likely not all.

Havent really thought about it too much..so Im sure its flawed but the concept is appealing to me.

They could REALLY get it right if they:

A. Adjust the denial window to create more reactionary block of grapple advancements. or leave it alone if they do B.

B. Add in a pre-block input for SOME positions in addition to the reactionary denial windows. Similar to how THQ allowed for directional transition denials to be held. If I want to prevent a pass from bottom side control to Full Mount. I can try to time my reaction like we do today, which is risky, but could also lead to a reversal.

OR I should be able to hold a transition block to account for that specific pass in advance. An Animation would play out on screen of my fighter raising its leg to create a barrier for the pass. This of course could be broken down, similar to how strike blocking is broken down in UFC 3. If I throw enough GnP from Side Control, the pre-block breaks down and my leg animation goes down.

This will allow for more strategy as well. I could see the prevent animation on screen as the top guy and either go for the break by landing GnP. or I could take the open path to North South.

As the bottom guy, I may have successfully baited the top guy into getting reversed from the transition to North South, or at minimum, kept him from getting mount, which is way too easy to achieve now.

This same concept could be apply to various positions, likely not all.

Havent really thought about it too much..so Im sure its flawed but the concept is appealing to me.

I like option B. I would also like more ability to fake. Like in THQ you could move your hand to their hip and make them bite one way. In ufc 3 I get stuffed trying to fake and then lose all my stamina getting denied on the actual transition attempt

I like option B. I would also like more ability to fake. Like in THQ you could move your hand to their hip and make them bite one way. In ufc 3 I get stuffed trying to fake and then lose all my stamina getting denied on the actual transition attempt
yes I cannot seem to properly fake. I either flick and nothing happens at all, or it plays the fake, that actually gets denied and so does my actual transition attempt. What am I doing wrong there?

Because you're right, I lose stamina big time when I try this.

No one beats @sportkillergreg saltiness though. Ill never forget beating that dude like ten times in a row, he finally got one on me when I was Arlovski, said that was the one he tried on, then I proceeded to beat him 10x more. Fucking pussy.

Its almost like you are describing yourself. I have pretty similar winning ratio against you mostly by striking and few times by grappling. Couple years later you are still here crying about my "lnp"

Its almost like you are describing yourself. I have pretty similar winning ratio against you mostly by striking and few times by grappling. Couple years later you are still here crying about my "lnp"

I see you're hear to defend your boyfriend I remember you getting butthurt when I beat his ass too you're just a blanket with shit stand up

I see you're hear to defend your boyfriend I remember you getting butthurt when I beat his ass too you're just a blanket with shit stand up

"Everyone bitching about ground game here's a tip. Get good at TDD. Thank me later guys, and maybe learn how to time an uppercut/knee. Works wonders." - BjPenn2017

It doesn't get much more pathetic then the "not trying" excuse. So childish. Greg was lost when he couldn't just hug the back clinch all round and stall, his standup was worse than garnett.

Then there is Penn in the last game when you knew you weren't as good as you were at 1, so you just picked the worst possible character in every tournament to give yourself a premade excuse for losing.

<seedat>

It doesn't get much more pathetic then the "not trying" excuse. So childish. Greg was lost when he couldn't just hug the back clinch all round and stall, his standup was worse than garnett.

Then there is Penn in the last game when you knew you weren't as good as you were at 1, so you just picked the worst possible character in every tournament to give yourself a premade excuse for losing.

<seedat>

Not really Tbf last tourney we had pretty much everyone good was taken so I picked Rosholt lol whatever dude pretty sure we fought Jones vs Carmont in the UFC 1 tourney and you BARELY got past me. Gotta give you guys a chance somehow if I just picked goat characters like you and Hanri id win every tourney ever.

"Everyone bitching about ground game here's a tip. Get good at TDD. Thank me later guys, and maybe learn how to time an uppercut/knee. Works wonders." - BjPenn2017

Take my advice you could probably use it you're scrub level compared me to me no comparison I'm the Ric Flair of this game there would be no tourney without no BJPENN2017

Although I'm more than willing to admit I'm only good in a few weight classes mostly WW-HW remember when you guys were barely getting past guys with Jon Jones I was out there smashing guys with...

Tarec fucking Saffiedine <FookIsThatGuy>

Not really Tbf last tourney we had pretty much everyone good was taken so I picked Rosholt lol whatever dude pretty sure we fought Jones vs Carmont in the UFC 1 tourney and you BARELY got past me. Gotta give you guys a chance somehow if I just picked goat characters like you and Hanri id win every tourney ever.

Nah the Carmont fight was in 2 I think, you were trash at that game. 2nd or 3rd best around here at 1 though!

Although I'm more than willing to admit I'm only good in a few weight classes mostly WW-HW remember when you guys were barely getting past guys with Jon Jones I was out there smashing guys with...

Tarec fucking Saffiedine <FookIsThatGuy>

Is Saff any good in this game? Haven't tried him yet

Nah the Carmont fight was in 2 I think, you were trash at that game. 2nd or 3rd best around here at 1 though!

Carmont fight was 1 and Yea once I figured out the mechanics of ufc 2 I didn't wanna waste the time to get good at banking up a combo multiplier. Dunno about Saff yet either haven't tried him, he had godly TDD in ufc 1 it was like 94 or something and his knee to the body/spinning back kick were stupid strong.

I have my jab to the face straigt to the body combo but I utilize it differently now can't do the knee bUT I got a few new tricks

I also think they could really do better with Takedowns in general. Right now its just way too Black/White. You either land it or you don't.

Chain wrestling should be in the game by now.

Opponent shooting for a single leg? I should be able to apply 4 different strategies here.

1. Use distance to avoid the shot entirely

2. Use an intercept Strike - Uppercut/Knee

3. Apply a Pre-emptive denial(THQ), where my hands drop down in anticipation of the shot. Doing this will automatically stuff. But has high vulnerability to strikes. Animations from here are sprawl position for high grapple rated fighters or a shrug off for strikers.

4. Apply a timed denial like we do today. This will be the most common option. From this, various outcomes and paths would present itself based on the timing of the denial.
1. Deny too late. opponent gets the single leg TD.
2. Deny late but within the window. This should intitiate verious options - opponent can go for trip which would need its own denial, give up the leg and clinch, drive back to the fence, where another chain begins (re-attempt single, chain to double leg, give up for cage clinch). Defender initiate their own transition to release leg immediately, punch with off-hand, or move back to the fence themselves.
3. Deny perfectly - you deny the attempt, animation is quick sprawl position, guillotine, or shrug off

This can so easily be implemented and actually allow for layered, chain wrestling. Just as it applies now, the denial windows and risk/reward changes based on the attempt - simple TD vs a power TD. Just like today.

Grappling in these game will always be shit everyone should've known this from when they removed manual transitions to replace them with a minigame. EA UFC 1 had the best grappling of any of these games, it was rudimentary but they could've built on it and added to it. Just seems to easy to grapple fuck people with high level grapplers in this.

I liked ea mma grappling. Striking and blocking from everywhere constant motion so it didnt feel like animation mini games. It was a true technical stamina battle but stamina recovered quick enough that the advatage was short. You had like 5 different pitential strategies for advancing from every position. I also preferred the sub mini game to what we have now

Grappling in these game will always be shit everyone should've known this from when they removed manual transitions to replace them with a minigame. EA UFC 1 had the best grappling of any of these games, it was rudimentary but they could've built on it and added to it. Just seems to easy to grapple fuck people with high level grapplers in this.
Agreed, UFC 2 lost me in the grappling completely and this one is the same obviously. I just find it so tedious, and plus i'm flat out awful at the submission minigame. Was pretty good grappling in UFC 1.

I honestly don't know what this mini-game is. I see it mentioned a lot on here. The way I understand it, UFC 1 simply required the
"hook" to initiate the transition, similar to THQ. UFC 2 and 3 removed the hook and only now requires a directional input and requires to hold that direction until the animation plays out, freeing up Fakes.

But the "under the hood" concept is the same. You have a denial window to deny that either shortens or widens depending on the type of transition being attempted, the stamina of both fighters, etc..

Only now EA shows what going on under the hood with HUD display. But if I'm not mistaken, its the same concept as before. What is the mini game Im missing?

Back