Status
Not open for further replies.
xzZnqLM.jpg

Artist: Earthless
Album: Live At Roadburn
Release date: October 7, 2008
Format: 2 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Green
Genre: Instrumental Psychedelic Rock
Earthless is Isaiah Mitchell on guitar, Mike Eginton on bass and Mario Rubalcaba on drums.

I found out about this band a few years ago while watching the 2008 documentary Such Hawks Such Hounds which tells the history of the stoner rock genre. Includes interviews with members of Sleep, Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Kyuss, Dead Meadow and a slew of other notable psychedelic and stoner bands. I advise folks who are into the more stoner side of rock and especially metal to watch the documentary. Earthless themselves are interviewed and also features them playing the song Sonic Prayer from their second album Rhythms From A Cosmic Sky which was released on May 8, 2007.

This album is the recording of their Friday, April 18, 2008 live performance at the Roadburn festival in Tilburg Netherlands. If you are a fan of instrumental music and especially that of the rock and metal genre you will love this band. All three members feed off each other and are known for their ability to improvise live. One of the most underrated groups to come out post 2000. They deserve all the hype they've gotten and them some. Been enjoying the hell out of them a lot lately and I cannot wait for their new album Black Heaven due out March 16th.

Lastly the music goes extremely well for anyone who partakes in enjoying that sticky icky stuff :D

Last edited:

Been looping this track so much lately.

Inspired me to get back to producing electronic music / goa trance / downtempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back