MMA fighters have similar age to pro golfers, similar athletes?

Basketball is much easier to learn than fighting. Much simpler. And it relies more on athleticism than fighting does.
this is astoundingly ignorant. 99% of NBA players have been playing at the most competitive levels since high school. There is the occasional 7+ foot freak who gets scouted purely on size, but for the most part it is MUCH harder to gain proficiency in than fighting. Anyone with a haymaker who can swing their arms for 5 minutes can be a pro fighter.

The difference being that fighting requires anaerobic endurance as well as extremely sharp reflexes, which will decline with age

That’s why you see golfers in their 60s but not fighters lol
http://www.golfchannel.com/article/joe-posnanski/does-age-really-matter-golf-yes-it-does/
Here’s a quick chart of major championship winners by age if you are interested:

• Age 20-25: 24 (11%)

• Age 26-30: 64 (30%)

• Age 31-35: 76 (35%)

• Age 36-40: 34 (16%)

• Age 41-over: 19 (8%)

75% of champions in golf are under 36. Meanwhile in the UFC, a 40 year old just knocked out a "stud in his prime". The only other "sport" where old men are beating young athletes is powerlifting- which is full of unathletic fatasses who are too slow for olympic weightlifting.

also, Rickie Fowler is dating Allison Stokke (yes, THAT Stokke). Golfers pull way better tail than the gutter trash that follow MMA fighters.

Fowler-Stokke.jpg

attachment.php

I'll be honest- the only reason I train fighting as a sport is because I dont have what it takes to be good at a real sport like golf. It's very frustrating for those of us with mediocre skill or talent. But anyone can throw hands.

also, Rickie Fowler is dating Allison Stokke (yes, THAT Stokke). Golfers pull way better tail than the gutter trash that follow MMA fighters.

Fowler-Stokke.jpg

attachment.php

Damn, put these two's DNA together and you have a future Olympian/model/UFC champ. Not even joking.

I want that woman to crush my skull in two pieces between them thighs like a pumpkin hitting the concrete after a two story free fall.

75% of champions in golf are under 36. Meanwhile in the UFC, a 40 year old just knocked out a "stud in his prime". The only other "sport" where old men are beating young athletes is powerlifting- which is full of unathletic fatasses who are too slow for olympic weightlifting.

We call these power lifting pigs "Bloat lords". They like to act like eating 7k calories a day and resembling a frog is something to aspire to. Always trying to flex on people with their fatceps and bloat mog people. SMH.

Basketball is much easier to learn than fighting. Much simpler. And it relies more on athleticism than fighting does.
I beg to differ. I picked up boxing and grappling extremely quick and did OK in the ammys. I am a horrendous basketball player and look like a clumsy clown doing it. I tried like hell and got put through camps for it too. I just didn't have what it takes.

this is astoundingly ignorant. 99% of NBA players have been playing at the most competitive levels since high school. There is the occasional 7+ foot freak who gets scouted purely on size, but for the most part it is MUCH harder to gain proficiency in than fighting. Anyone with a haymaker who can swing their arms for 5 minutes can be a pro fighter.

Basketball is literally a sport you can teach yourself.

Sure, but if you ever want a consistent shooting percentage and to progress beyond a middle schoolers level you need solid fundamentals, the same as any sport (except MMA, where you can get by on heart, chin, and the ability to swing like a cave man i.e. vintage Wandy).

Sherdog threads have all the critical thinking of a first grade book report. Are most sherdogers 1st graders?

and fighting isnt? The difference is that the level of skill between a pro and a hobbyist is unfathomably vast in basketball. Whereas a pro fighter is only a little more refined than a street brawler. Most casuals probably can't even tell the difference. In fact, many notable pro fighters learned from youtube tutorials (including the so called GOAT Jon Jones).

Back