Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

I know the hype is around the knockouts, but Tenshin winning this on points is more impressive than an early KO would have been.

I was expecting (hoping for) Suakim to pressure hard with knees and elbows starting in round 2, but at times he was content to fight kick-heavy on the smaller and faster fighter. *shrugs*

Whatever happens going forward this kind of experience is going to benefit him much more than nuking easy opponents with Mortal Kombat finishers

I know the hype is around the knockouts, but Tenshin winning this on points is more impressive than an early KO would have been.

I was expecting (hoping for) Suakim to pressure hard with knees and elbows starting in round 2, but at times he was content to fight kick-heavy on the smaller and faster fighter. *shrugs*
I agree. You can always gauge a fighter better after a 5-round fight against a tough opponent rather than early KO finishes. Suakim wasn't closing distance fast enough to really do much in the clinch. Tenshin did a great job of fading away and landing counter shots. Showed some good fight IQ in this fight and kept his offense/defense varied. Returned shots immediately off blocks/parries. Good stuff.

My only complaint here is they aren't showcasing the ring girls between rounds.

My only complaint here is they aren't showcasing the ring girls between rounds.
See if you had woken up at night and watched the live stream, you could have seen the ring girls flag dancing while the camera tastefully zoomed to their T&As. Laziness tax.

Some follow ups. Ozawa wants to fight on the March K-1 card vs KID. Tenshin's next opponent is supposedly already prepared by PKsaenchaigym (Prajanchay?). Next KO event in April, same with Krush where it'll feature Sasaki Daizo vs Gonnapar for the Krush title.

Really no real news atm. I just wanted an excuse to share this eminently memeable picture of Ozawa looking pleased with himself

DV4pTSLVAAANl98.jpg:large

See if you had woken up at night and watched the live stream, you could have seen the ring girls flag dancing while the camera tastefully zoomed to their T&As. Laziness tax.
I'll be patiently monitoring the YouTube channel...

Tenshin's fighting on the next RIZIN card in May. Likely kickboxing vs TBA

Come on Taiga

Some follow ups. Ozawa wants to fight on the March K-1 card vs KID. Tenshin's next opponent is supposedly already prepared by PKsaenchaigym (Prajanchay?). Next KO event in April, same with Krush where it'll feature Sasaki Daizo vs Gonnapar for the Krush title.

KID even train these days? Besides, KOing him has done nothing for anyone's career.

If Tenshin ain't fighting Takeru he has to fight Saenchai himself...

Last edited:
Top 2 strikers in Japan.

Don't at me Tenshin, Takeru fans.

Don't know the guy on the right, but didn't the other guy lose a fight not too long ago because the rules allowed "striking" that he wasn't familiar with? I mean, how is he a better "striker" than Yamato? And Yamato isn't nearly as good as Umeno.

Last edited:
Top 2 strikers in Japan.

Don't at me Tenshin, Takeru fans.

not disagreeing, but where you rank Tenshin when he starches Taiga in the first round at the next Rizin NYE?

Last edited:
Don't know the guy on the right, but didn't the other guy lose to Tetsuya Yamato because he struggled with "striking" that he didn't know about?

Umeno > those guys

Umeno is a fraud. A guy who tried K-1 and lost to a nobody. He fled to elbows only rules, went to Thailand kept losing. He then decided to dedicate his career to muay thai, by which I mean calling undersized Thais to Japan to partake in 'stadium title shots' where he's win-lose-win-lose. And he calls himself the 'real deal' despite being a stadium muay thai champ that hardly ever wins in Thailand. Good grief even KO is tired of using him.

Noiri took on Yamato on his 2nd muay thai fight and had a competitive fight with him. He lost to Yamato cause Yamato's a good fighter in his own right. Urabe has beat Yamato twice as a teenager.

EDIT: A disclaimer for the non-sociopaths, I am being facetious here.

Last edited:
Koya beat Yamato twice
Don't know the guy on the right, but didn't the other guy lose a fight not too long ago because the rules allowed "striking" that he wasn't familiar with? I mean, how is he a better "striker" than Yamato? And Yamato isn't nearly as good as Umeno.

At this point I do believe that Tenshin has surpassed Koya and Noiri by a bit. Takeru will have a good argument too if he wins the 60kg tournament.

Umeno is a fraud.

Things a fraud doesn't do: main event a decent stadium show against Saeksan; have a somewhat competitive fight with Petmorakot; beat Yodlekpet; accumulate a handful of wins over capable stadium fighters

A guy who tried K-1 and lost to a nobody. He fled to elbows only rules, went to Thailand kept losing.

He fled to elbow rules? There's a lot of insinuation there. Anyways, Noiri lost to Yamato (who is not a particularly good muay thai fighter) and fled back to kickboxing only rules. Fraud?

He lost to Yamato cause Yamato's a good fighter in his own right

Umeno is a fraud but Yamato's muay thai is good? There's no way to rationalize that.

What Japanese kick boxer has the best hairstyle should be the real discussion here...

Back