Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

And people asking where Jo was...

good to see he giving a chance to the italian kid to share the ring with him,but dont expect something much different than this when the fight gets over:

images
.. this is sarcasm right lol?

Awesome to see Nong-O getting back in there.

Umeno Genji has been contacted. Hasn't said whether he's ok'd or not.

Always loved ONE. Their events in Myanmar are filled with Burmese boxing matches. Despite the MMA ruleset all of them compete so they just do it in the cage with gloves it is wicked. This is awesome news, very good for the sport of Kickboxing.

I really dont care for the mma gloves. Those wayne Parr muay thai in cage fights look sloppy as fuck

Rofl, as if some paper champ from that no-clinching ruleset poses a threat to a legendary Thai like Smoking Jo.
It this a kickboxing match or muay thai? If its kickboxing, petrosian will make a fool out of him.

In all seriousness though why would they make the main event KB rules? Hopefully the ref is really permissive with the clinch. If Smokin Jo clinches Petro again the ropes/cage and TKOs him with his knees to the thighs it will be legendary.

not my cup of tea, but more fights/options is a good thing

Hope it's muay thai rules. MMA gloves benefit Muay Thai more than kickboxing, since it's easier to clinch.

In all seriousness though why would they make the main event KB rules? Hopefully the ref is really permissive with the clinch. If Smokin Jo clinches Petro again the ropes/cage and TKOs him with his knees to the thighs it will be legendary.

Petro hasn't taken a mt fight in forever, I doubt he'd start now. Jo looked good as a kickboxer vs Zhao Yan, though obviously it's a huge step up.

Smokin Jo doesn't even have a wiki page that's how legendary he is hahaha.

Hope it's muay thai rules. MMA gloves benefit Muay Thai more than kickboxing, since it's easier to clinch.
I personally love the idea of Muay Thai with 4 oz gloves. Makes hand trapping easier as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back