Deontay Wilder is down to fight Stipe...

eon001

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

...But crickets from Stipe. Which is funny because he hasn't had a problem calling out Anthony Johnson.

I'm surprised no one has discussed this more. Is Wilder so irrelevant that no one want's to even talk about this? No hate to Deontay. I'm looking at this from a media perspective. How was this news not trending? and why was Stipe so quiet?

Stipe has a pretty big fight lined up already, if you hadn’t noticed.

Also, the bloke’s name is Anthony JOSHUA...

Still.

Would watch.

Except for the fact the Deontay has no idea who the UFC champ is.

Deontays technique is no better than Ngannous. He is awful to watch. Stipe would murder him.

I hate it when boxing is called "fighting". The headline makes you think that Wilder is open for an MMA fight against Stipe, when in reality the question he was asked was "Would you fight the UFC Heavyweight champion in a boxing fight".

Zero interest in a boxing match between the two honestly. An MMA match however? Hell yeah.

I hate it when boxing is called "fighting". The headline makes you think that Wilder is open for an MMA fight against Stipe, when in reality the question he was asked was "Would you fight the UFC Heavyweight champion in a boxing fight".

Zero interest in a boxing match between the two honestly. An MMA match however? Hell yeah.
Literally all "street" fights is boxing untill one hits the ground, then GNP

Why? The would both be lopsided. Unless Deontay lands something crazy, he gets taken down and beaten to a pulp or submitted.
Same for a boxing match, Deontay lights him up and KO's him.

I don't understand why one is more interesting than the other, they're both mismatches imo.

LOL @ people saying Ngannou's striking is on par with Wilders, as crazy and wild as it is.

Why? The would both be lopsided. Unless Deontay lands something crazy, he gets taken down and beaten to a pulp or submitted.
Same for a boxing match, Deontay lights him up and KO's him.

I don't understand why one is more interesting than the other, they're both mismatches imo.
I fully agree with your overall sentiment.

I don't necessarily think that the fight itself would be all that interesting like you said, but the aftermath of Stipe brutally beating down an elite level boxer in his athletic prime would be. Way too often do I have to see people claim that "X or Y elite boxer could transition into MMA and become champion effortlessly", and this would effectively put a stop to that idiotic 'debate'.
Literally all "street" fights is boxing untill one hits the ground, then GNP
I don't mean to discredit striking arts or their efficacy, I guess I'm just splitting hairs here. Boxing is a separate sport, and it gets confusing when people refer to it as "fighting" in the context of an MMA forum.

Last edited:
Ngannou vs Wilder in an mma match, would want to see if ngannou would transform into a wrestler

Technique wise. It's terrible. Of course he knocks people out but it's so sloppy.
Spoken like a true joshua fan. Would love to see wilder put a hood beating on him but it wont happen for years

Deontays technique is no better than Ngannous. He is awful to watch. Stipe would murder him.
4I4WgeDULpJ1MRxnMNGC7UrVSZ8Y08Am45V2WbEqENI.gif

it's a good job the octagon is fenced

or he might throw himself out throwing a wild shot

Wilder is calling out everbody. The guy is desperate for attention and a payday. It must suck for him being a top American HW who KOs people in brutal fashion yet not getting any love in the US at all, so I do understand his frustration.

With his size, punching power and speed he'd have a better chance at beating Stipe in MMA than Stipe would vs him in boxing. "better chance" still means hes 90% likely to get taken down and stopped quickly of course.

Back